KHIII Final Fantasy World's Presented in this Game?

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
I have enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts series, despite all it's convoluted mes of a story and jumping on to every handheld possible - Which hes the REmix version are making up for... as long as we get a PS3/PS4 version of Dream Drop Distance...

But in any case, one of the features in Kingdom Hearts I have always found off putting is the Final Fantasy characters. They simply just don't belong there. They're just dangling about like fan service and I've never been fond of it. What more I felt the Kingdom Hearts characters were strong enough to stand on their own to represent Square.

I have always wondered why we never actually visit the Final Fantasy worlds in Kingdom Hearts. I mean it wouldn't be messing up the canon more than any of the Disney stories. I think it would be fantastic to play as a Kingdom Hearts cast while being involved in a part of an FF story - Like say the Nibelheim story or the Galbadia conflict in Final Fantasy VIII. You wouldn't need to have an entire FF planet, but just a section like how the Disney Worlds are. There is no reason we can't have A Disney Villain appear briefly, like how Maleficent seems to always oversee everything. I just think it's a fantastic oppritunity which has not been realized. Not only would it be fanatstic to explore the Final Fantasy worlds in Kingdom Hearts charm but it would also pull reason as to why the Final Fantasy cast plop about through the series.

Thoughts? Do you think it would work? Also if you could see Final Fantasy world Materialised in Kingdom Hearts what FF would it be and what section of the game would you have the story focus on?

I have enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts series, despite all it's convoluted mes of a story and jumping on to every handheld possible - Which hes the REmix version are making up for... as long as we get a PS3/PS4 version of Dream Drop Distance...

But in any case, one of the features in Kingdom Hearts I have always found off putting is the Final Fantasy characters. They simply just don't belong there. They're just dangling about like fan service and I've never been fond of it. What more I felt the Kingdom Hearts characters were strong enough to stand on their own to represent Square.

I have always wondered why we never actually visit the Final Fantasy worlds in Kingdom Hearts. I mean it wouldn't be messing up the canon more than any of the Disney stories. I think it would be fantastic to play as a Kingdom Hearts cast while being involved in a part of an FF story - Like say the Nibelheim story or the Galbadia conflict in Final Fantasy VIII. You wouldn't need to have an entire FF planet, but just a section like how the Disney Worlds are. There is no reason we can't have A Disney Villain appear briefly, like how Maleficent seems to always oversee everything. I just think it's a fantastic oppritunity which has not been realized. Not only would it be fanatstic to explore the Final Fantasy worlds in Kingdom Hearts charm but it would also pull reason as to why the Final Fantasy cast plop about through the series.

Thoughts? Do you think it would work? Also if you could see Final Fantasy world Materialised in Kingdom Hearts what FF would it be and what section of the game would you have the story focus on?
I dont think its about whether the canon would be messed up, but does it fit into the world of Kingdom Hearts.

Well I believe it can do, I mean you already have a lot of the FF cast stylized in KH. I think it would be fantastic to have the Kingdom Hearts cast mingle with certain plot points in an FF story, much like they already do with Disney. How fun would it be to be assisting the FF6 cast in the Opera scene in foiling Ultros plans or taking part in FF9's festival in Lindblum. I think just focusing on moments rather than a whole story would work much better in the FF worlds favour - it would just be far to daunting to focus on a main plot of FF. Just focusing on 1 event in each selected game would work far better and there is no reason why they couldn't make say Kuja appear in the festival, hidden way orchestrating events while the KH team stop him behind the scenes of the festival event taking place.

I really think it would work and I cannot believe they haven't even tried it in after 10 years. As I said before, the FF characters in Kingdom Hearts have always just seen so out of place and I see no reason why not to include their worlds. If anything it just enhances and justifies their presence even more.

There's also the issue that the characters are mixed around. Look at Setzer, Fuu, Rai, (ff8) in Twilight Town yet Leon (Squall) is from Hallow Bastion/Radiant Gardens along with Yuffie, Cid, and Aerith.

Sephiroth and Tifa are representations of Cloud's light and darkness. I rather not see an FF world. mainly because it fits better in the KH original worlds. But then theres also the fact that Disney technically owns Kingdom Hearts.

You know, it's funny because as a kid, when it came out that as the first and main reason why we [my siblings and I] wanted to play it :wacky: I use to watch my old man playing [and roleplaying] the older final fantasies, so we were in awe when we found out about Kingdom Hearts. :jess:

I think it's a very neat idea... actually. You're right, they don't need the whole world of FF, but a section... maybe because they wouldn't really or weren't able to come up with a story of [that section] let's say? If it was a section, maybe they felt it would be incomplete? How would you start the story when the final fantasy characters were made primilary tied with the KH cast? So honestly, when I think about it idunno how well that would work. :hmmm:

there is absolutely no need for an FF world....if there was no FF characters in KH, we wouldn't have this conversation.

Back