Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
FFXV tech demos and world map footage leak out - grab them while they're hot!

Zut alors! This wasn't meant to happen this soon. Offscreen footage of FFXV poised for tomorrow's event at the Paris Games Week event in the form of field gameplay and technical demos are landing on Youtube right now as we speak.

The uploader has two more videos: 1 | 2

Here's a free GIF!

tmqybu.gif

Oh look, here is another.

eunzdl8pqpr0.gif

And another free GIF! Who says I never give people anything good?

OXRnzhZ.gif

Woah, looking very nice there! Square Enix is slowly peeling away my skepticism. This game just keeps looking better. Love the cheering when people see Chocobos alongside the road!

Also, I've created backups of these videos, you know, just in case ;)

My internet is crazy slow, but i'm mostly concerned with the world map and if it gives any specific indicators. it will be the one thing that might take away all my skepticism away.....And that's mainly because i don't want a tour of the world. i want to explore all areas...especially an extremely elongated tour. I would like a world full of shortcuts and secret areas, and especially a world not so heavily influenced by driving from point a to point b. I understand if the entire world is inaccessible through car for the most part, but i still want to see areas accessible only by airships or by sailing. Does the leaks have any of that?

Razberry Knight - YES! That was, in fact, the thing that excited me the most about these videos. They are almost entirely free-roaming areas without the car anywhere in sight. In one scene that I referenced, the characters even go exploring a bit along a path in the woods and see Chocobos grazing alongside the road. It felt like a genuine discovery--the sort of thing you could just wander upon and be pleasantly surprised by. And plenty of other times they're walking places where there aren't even beaten paths to follow. It's impossible to say at this point how truly open-world it will be, but it will definitely be far, far more than a group of hallways.

Hso long as its not dominated by car I will most likely enjoy. So consider me less skeptic than before

Gotta say, that vid has made me really excited. I'm still not sure about the battle system, but so long as that is decent (it won't be amazing) then I'm happy to put up with it for the story and environments. Loving the operatic music too.

My hope is that every city isn't incredibly bland (like FF12's). I want some fireworks/lightshows/stunning skyscrapers to look at. Seeing as this is set in a modern era, I can't see myself being disappointed. It's just so easy to be pessimistic about FF lately.

Either way, I can see myself loving this game, whether there are a few flaws or not. Hopefully.

A number of details I will add to the main article:

Regarding world traversal

• The first video shown is a portion of the Duscae region which will be on the demo
  • Events and enemy position removed/changed for this video to show just the walking
  • You can eat and gather information at gas stations
  • If you can see something in the background you can go to it
  • Depending on the shape of the ground Noct and friends walking animations will change
  • If you keep running you can see your friends tire and try to catch their breath
  • You can fish in streams, rivers, and the ocean!
  • You can fight the wildlife. As they are always active, be careful as they will attack if you get close
  • There are buildings in the forest with people living in them. You can enter some of these buildings
  • There are also animals that aren’t enemies like cats and dogs
  • In order to make the mountains the developers actually climbed one. They might show a video of them doing this one day
  • Demons like the Naga or the Goblins will come out of the caves at night
  • It’s dangerous at night and is safer to rest at a gas station or by other means
  • The party members dialogue will change in accordance to the time
  • A Chocobo was shown in the forest. Look forward to finding out more in the demo
  • The enemy airship patrols will sometimes land and fight you
  • Magitek Armor will make an appearance. (was not meant to have been said)
  • The Duscae region is as a large as 10% of the game

Tech demo

• Currently transferring the game from Ebony to Luminous.
  • The game is running on Luminous 1.4 now, will be on 1.5 when the demo comes out, and the goal is to have XV running on Luminous 2.0 upon release.
  • Engine transferring currently 80% complete and will be 100% done by the time the demo is out.
  • Working with Sony and MS to help push the hardware to its limits.
  • You can destroy most buildings (but not all), and damage/destroy the ground in places.
  • With the power of Luminous, FFXV will far surpass Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
  • Another tech demo is planned to be shown at a later date

Tabata Q&A

Q.What if I mash the attack button instead of holding it down?

A.Even if you mash the attack button the combo will still operate fine and connect together. It’s possible to counter while you button mash; if you hold the button down you have to be more careful of the enemies movements and it’s more strategic.

Q.Will Type0 HD be available digitally and will it come with the FFXV demo?

A.Of course

Q.Why doesn’t the MP show up on the UI?

A.The battle UI is still temporary. When it is complete, your MP will be clearly visible.

Q.I’m a little worried the game will only last 40 hours

A.The main story itself will take 40 hours. Beating dungeons and doing other activities will make the game last much longer than this.

Full video:

Nova Crystallis

Only last 40 hours? I'm sure most FF games last about that long...if you go at a decent pace? The fact that there will be another tech demo at a later date probably means aaaages left to wait.

I'm gettin' antsy with my impatience :wacky:.

jhc, this looks fantastic. here's hoping the story-line doesn't blow

This is the first time I've been excited about a Final Fantasy game in a long time. I'm not too into the character designs yet, but the rest of it looks great! I think 40 hours is fine if you take into account the endgame and multiple playthroughs. Now I just have to buy a ps4...

Back