Help [FFX] Acquiring Fortune Spheres

Jerseyteufel

Gil
I would like to know how to acquire fortune spheres in the game. Are there certain monsters/areas that have them? I am trying to complete my sphere grid and I am having a hard time finding them.

Jerseyteufel

You've taken on a terribly gruesome task.

Fortune Spheres can only be acquired from defeating Earth Eater, who drops 1-2 per battle. Yes, only 1-2. You can face him by unlocking two original monster creations (by capturing all monsters in an area) at the Arena in the Calm Lands and I think he costs around 15,000 gil to battle. He's one of those insanely powerful foes so you'll have to be quite strong anyway. He's a typical chocobo eater so expect slams/throws/being eaten.

You'll also need Luck Spheres, dropped by the enemy Greater Sphere (a harder version of Spherimorph from Macalania Woods). Again, he only drops 1-2 per battle and is unlocked in a similar manner, I think it's by unlocking 2 species creations.

I haven't ever done it myself but word on the street is you do not need to get 255 Luck to win impossible battles, but 40-50ish should suffice. Good luck!

I haven't ever done it myself but word on the street is you do not need to get 255 Luck to win impossible battles, but 40-50ish should suffice. Good luck!

It depends on the battles. If you're going to try and beat all the Dark Aeons and Penance then you'll need way more than 40-50 since those numbers will have no impact at all on performance during those fights. You need much higher luck if you're going for them. It kind of depends whether or not you want to max hp or not. If you're not going for 99999 hp then you'll want to have luck as high as possible, 230 is the best number to aim for since it will mean critical hits against everyone. If you are going for max hp then you should have your luck over 205 (since this means you'll always hit everyone which is very important when it comes to the Dark Aeons)

I would like to go after the dark aeons and penance, do I still need luck spheres as well as fortunes to get those stats that high? Where are the best places to acquire either/both? I appreciate the feedback.

I would like to go after the dark aeons and penance, do I still need luck spheres as well as fortunes to get those stats that high? Where are the best places to acquire either/both? I appreciate the feedback.

It takes a while. Luck spheres are dropped by Greater Sphere in the monster arena and Fortune spheres are dropped by the Earth Eater in the monster arena. They're hard and they only drop 1 or 2 items per battle and sometimes you get dark matter instead of a luck/fortune sphere which really sucks. I'd farm for luck and fortune spheres last since the faster you can kill them the more time effective it will be.

Back