Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
So I know you guys are probably like, man that Shu guy is never around, or man that shoe guy, he's a useless fella on these here forums.. or hey that s-h-u guy.. wait who's shu?

Well I am around, creeping in the shadows, but more so working quite a bit to get some automated testing done for Banks. What is automated testing you ask? (Or do you really care :hmph:). In a summary it's taking a repetitive task that you do daily and scripting it and making sure it handles itself eventually either over night or on a button press.

So like.. you want to feed your cat, but you can't be there, so you get an automated feeder that feeds him/her at 9:00pm every night. That's what I do with software. If I am testing a product for features or functionality I code my "user actions" to repeat the process of my manual testing.

Test Case 001

1) If I click on Home Menu, then I expect the forum to navigate to the CMS of Final Fantasy Forums and to show me the newest Articles.

So I just make sure that the pre-compiled CMS handles that action each day, every day. Granted I do it on a test environment where users are not interacting with, but we make sure all the bugs are out of the system prior to a production release (where users interact).

So all this to say.. if you are curious about automation testing and have ever wanted to seek a career as an Engineer, take a look at a selenium article I wrote up for work.

http://softwareunwound.com/2014/10/02/introduction-to-selenium-webdriver-c/

Back