The Barren Slider

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Why is there no content in the slider, bar pictures that are well over a year old? If you aren't going to use anything relevant, it seems odd to leave it enabled.

Or is there actually content that only select groups can see? If that is the case, it seems odd to not at least use the space for general site news.

Agreed.

Signature of the Week is still up to date, but the other content that's outdated shouldn't be there in my opinion, either. Considering it's nothing I can do though, we'll have to see what the admins say.

Although, for me, only SOTW images are showing. So, unless there's something up on your end, do let them know.

Zero SOTW content. They are all GOTW sliders I made months well before I retired. Every single one.

Right, that should not be the case.

Ilyena, @Mitsuki, @Shu

Looking into this, let me see what we can do for a refresher.

Odd. I'm only seeing the past 5 SoTW winners on the slider on my end. :hmmm: I'll look into it and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Edit: Tyler, you ninja. :hmph:

When logged in I see the 5 SOTWs.
When logged out I see the Gamer of the Weeks.

I do not see the news image that Tyler has displaying on his end. (Skype)

I assume it's viewer permissions.

I have removed Gamer of the Week forum now from the select. Hit CTRL+F5 to refresh content, and let me know Jeff.

There really aren't any permissions settings for the slider. You just select what items you want to display and that's it. Right now all that's selected is SoTW so I'm not sure why it's not displaying properly. It's the same for me when I log out though. I was seeing Gamer of the Week and now I'm just seeing new posts in various areas.

Well if that didn't work, send us some images. We'll feed it up to LG or Tech admins to take a look. Sometimes stuff is saved in memory and also cached, so at times a good swift kick of the browser helps (f5 or ctrl + f5). Other times Application Pools on the IIS level have to restarted in order for changes to propagate correctly.

As a guest, SOTW stuff is disabled due to that it was the preferred setting for some time now. I don't mind enabling Graphics Reverie section for guests though, but that's up to @Six

If we do enable that, then it should fix the issue for guest viewing mode.

As for why news content is not included there, few years ago I proposed to give the other sections their own highlight area in the slider, which is why you'll see news content go strictly to the home page. News go in the home page, GFX and other sections in the forum area. If you guys prefer that we include news content in forum area, that's fine too. Probably best to go down that route anyway because the slider in the CMS is a bit glitchy. Sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.

So for the slider in the forums, we've included Site News & Updates, Competitions & Events, SOTW Winners, Latest Articles & Square Enix News (articles quantity set to 3, thread quantity set to 7).

Let me know if there's any issues. Things should show up as there's no group restriction or anything of the sort, bar SOTW content as guest mode.

What Jeff meant was that even signed in, all he saw was the GOTW entries, not the SOTW or anything else. So that's still not fixed the issue he's having then.

On a on a side note, I'm fine with SOTW being public.

Has he tried signing in since earlier? Some changes have been made to the slider since then?

Nah, not that I'm aware of. Just wondering what the issue was in the first place. I'll have him post here tomorrow (if he doesn't himself later tonight). Thanks for looking into it. (Even though it's his issue! :poke:)

Back