Newbie Here

• Thread starter SkyKiller17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SkyKiller17

Greetings! Another newbie here!

I have been a fan of the Final Fantasy series for as long as I can remember, however I've only recently started playing o_O I haven't and still don't have the ability to own multiple gaming platforms and most of the games I was interested in were for the Xbox. (I also have severe wrist and hand cramps and the Play Station controllers were very uncomfortable, awkward and painful for me!) I was over the moon when I learned of the first FF game being released for the Xbox, however still I had to wait a few years before I could afford to purchase (I'm disabled and come from an inbetween poor-to average class family and am limited in my spending money).

I just finished playing FF13 all the way through, it was a very challenging game for me and took 3 attempts(had to start over 2 times after my first try), but finally finished it! I love this game and am even more in-love with the series in general! I have noticed a considerable amount of negative feedback towards the FF13 trilogy and that's fine, but I personally love them, the characters, the story, the music is phenomenal, and think it's the most beautiful game I've ever played! (I have every respect for people's individual opinions, so I hope you will share the same respect for me...)

I came here to be updated on anything new for the series and to mingle with fellow FF fans :) I look forward to discussing with you guys on the boards!

Hello SkyKiller, and welcome. Have you ever considered the Final Fantasy games they offer on Steam? (They have very good deals every now and then, and I picked up FFVII (even though I do own it on Playstation) for around 3.99 I think it was due to a sale. You can either play with mouse and keyboard, or hook up your Xbox controller. They have VII and VIII which are definitely games you should try out if you haven't yet.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us. I hope you enjoy your time around here. =]

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Seeing as you are on the forum (unless you are using a phone), chances are you also own a computer. If you are so obliged to do so, you could hook your 360 controller to your PC and play some of the non-digitally-distributed, discontinued titles via unconventional means. Many retro gamers are such by situation, not choice. Just a suggestion and it won't hurt my feelings if you feel above it.

All the same...enjoy your stay.

Hey SkyKiller! FF13 may be negatively received in general, but I'm glad to see that doesn't put you off the game at all. While I'm not a huge fan of the first game of the trilogy (other than a couple of the characters, songs and locations), FF13-2 is a great game that was amazing fun to platinum.

Like some others have said, FF7 and FF8 are available on the PC for a really cheap price (during deal time) via Steam. They are 2 of the best of the series too imo (I also love FF9 and 10 but those aren't on Steam...yet!).

Enjoy your time here and if you have any questions etc, give anyone a shout in the shoutbox, or PM one of us purple named staff by clicking our usernames next to our posts and choosing PM. :)

Hello SkyKiller, and welcome. Have you ever considered the Final Fantasy games they offer on Steam? (They have very good deals every now and then, and I picked up FFVII (even though I do own it on Playstation) for around 3.99 I think it was due to a sale. You can either play with mouse and keyboard, or hook up your Xbox controller. They have VII and VIII which are definitely games you should try out if you haven't yet.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us. I hope you enjoy your time around here. =]

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Seeing as you are on the forum (unless you are using a phone), chances are you also own a computer. If you are so obliged to do so, you could hook your 360 controller to your PC and play some of the non-digitally-distributed, discontinued titles via unconventional means. Many retro gamers are such by situation, not choice. Just a suggestion and it won't hurt my feelings if you feel above it.

All the same...enjoy your stay.

Hey SkyKiller! FF13 may be negatively received in general, but I'm glad to see that doesn't put you off the game at all. While I'm not a huge fan of the first game of the trilogy (other than a couple of the characters, songs and locations), FF13-2 is a great game that was amazing fun to platinum.

Like some others have said, FF7 and FF8 are available on the PC for a really cheap price (during deal time) via Steam. They are 2 of the best of the series too imo (I also love FF9 and 10 but those aren't on Steam...yet!).

Enjoy your time here and if you have any questions etc, give anyone a shout in the shoutbox, or PM one of us purple named staff by clicking our usernames next to our posts and choosing PM. :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Regarding my PC, unfortunately it's graphics card and abilities are very poor and low! I struggled for years to get games to run on PC's but it just wasn't worth it in the end. I always had it freeze, error problems and incompatibility issues. I also had to retrace so many areas of the game due to unsaved progress (even when I was told it was saved!) I wasn't enjoying myself at all. And rather than develop a foul attitude to the games or game developers themselves I stuck with my Xbox...

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Regarding my PC, unfortunately it's graphics card and abilities are very poor and low! I struggled for years to get games to run on PC's but it just wasn't worth it in the end. I always had it freeze, error problems and incompatibility issues. I also had to retrace so many areas of the game due to unsaved progress (even when I was told it was saved!) I wasn't enjoying myself at all. And rather than develop a foul attitude to the games or game developers themselves I stuck with my Xbox...

This is very similar to why I dislike PC games when compared to console games; PC games have so many issues. It's just simpler and much more comfortable to play on a console.

While FF7 and FF8 aren't high-end games, I'm not sure how it all works, so maybe someone else could possibly help give you advice on if your pc could run them? I dunno.

Welcome to the site! Wrist and hand problems sounds like a nightmare for gaming fans! :/ Hope that you can find a comfortableway to play all your favorites and get more of those FF games completed! :busta:

Back