Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
What's for dinner?

This thread is supposed to be different from the "What did you last eat" thread. It's to give a bit more insight on the meal you've cooked, instead. Give people some inspiration, or ideas for when they are stuck on what to cook.

Please use this thread exclusively for meals you're cooking with a bit more detail than your ordinary thread. For example, let us in on how you're preparing a certain meal, what the cooking time is, etc. You always find these random "What's for dinner" sites on the internet, and they're admittedly very useful when you're running out of ideas for cooking meals.

Ex. form:

What's for dinner:
Cooking time:
Ingredients:

Additional:

What's for dinner: Vegetable Soup with meatballs.
Cooking time:
15-20min.
Ingredients:
Groundbeef (mince), cauliflower, carrots, leek, celery, white rice (or vermicelli).

Additional:
Put 1.5L of water on the stove, add salt (you can just add a bit so it can soak with the meat, and then add to taste once the soup is done. Or, if you're comfortable, add as much as it needs so you don't have to add later on) and let it sit on high while you're making meatballs and add them to the water. The meatballs should be the size of a marble, or around that size.

Either you buy a packet or pre-cut veggies for soup, or you do so yourself. I like to do so myself so you can decide the size of the chunks of veg. Cut up the cauliflower in small pieces, carrots in thin slices, the leek should be cut in thin rings, and just cut the celery up as finely as you'd want. Let this come to a boil, then lower the heat and add two (small) hands of rice, if you add more the thicker your soup will be and with rice, this isn't always a nice thing... If you have vermicelli (noodles) I'd add to taste. Put on simmer. Let this sit for about 10-20 minutes, depending on if you're cooking with rice. If so, preferably 20 minutes, if cooking with noodles, 10 to 15 minutes is enough.

+ You can add stock cubes if you prefer more flavour, I personally switch on and off with veggie stock, beef stock, or none at all.

What's for dinner: Spaghetti Stroganoff
Cooking time:
20min.
Ingredients:
Ground beef, mushrooms, broccoli, 1 onion.

Additional:
Chopped up the mushrooms and broccoli and onion, put it in a wok, got that sorted, and started on the ground beef. Put the ground beef in a wok, add garlic, cayenne pepper to preference, when the beef is done add the veg, wok a bit longer, add a packet of Macaroni or Spaghetti stroganoff powder, and add 0.5L of water, stir until a slight boil, reduce the heat, your pasta should've been cooking in between. Both should be done around the same time-ish.

Le fin. Bon appétit.

Didn't cook tonight, but I'll toss it here anyway. Maki Yaki tonight.

California rolls (I don't do sushi), tempura, kalbi short ribs, and miso soup on the side. Awesome stuff!

IMG_04621.jpgIMG_04631.jpg

Back