Can't access certain articles.

What articles can you not access, if you can give an example?

The first is Type-0s article recently...it told me.I didnt have permission accessing it. And the same.for.ff13 on steam article. I cant read them which is starting to bother me.

From what I can see nothing changed in your user settings that moderators can look at, I'll give the administrators a heads up, perhaps they can find something. In the mean time I suggest that you clear your browsers cache and try again just in case.

Razberry Knight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This is the message I get.

Alright, thank you. I've let them know, and gave them the link, once they get online to see the message they'll get to it I'm sure. As far as moderating allows me I couldn't see anything off. Sorry for the wait, but they'll get to it ASAP.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there, either :\

I just checked the posts you mentioned and the 'read' permissions clearly show every member group on the site, all the way down to guests. So as dumb as this is, you might actually be able to read the articles if you sign out :P Obviously that's not a good enough solution though. I've got an idea that I will tell the staff about, if it works it should be a pretty easy fix on the technical/admin end.

I also tried that and tells me I must log.in to see it. Perhaps theres a glitch where when I press read it tries to edit instead.

I checked your permissions and they are fine I'm not sure what's causing the issue. I tried removing and then publishing the article again for the Type-0 article. Can you give it a try now to see if it works?

Also is the forum set to keep you logged in? If it isn't, it might be logging you out after a certain amount of time.

I attempted the article and gave me issues, I also tried to log and it asks me to be logged in. Whats worst is that I have made it so that It keeps me logged in.

Theres something about this that doesnt make sense. Is it more IP related?

So I tested the articles with two test accounts using the same usergroup and I got the same error. I even tried changing the usergroup to just Full Member and still the same error. Only those two articles though. All of the others work fine. I think it's an issue with the articles and we may need to delete and repost them.

also the latest Page also has some issues...Its weird that it is Final Fantasy XIII and Type-0 related articles.

I believe I have resolved the issue and everything is testing okay on my end now. It was an issue with the articles and not a permissions issue. Razberry Knight, can you test the articles now and let me know if they work for you?

Yes. I can access all 3 articles now. Thanks. Jusst in case, did you know the issue of why it happened? Just in case It hapens again and reporting it will get redundant

The article was misplaced to the Final Fantasy section of the CMS. An easy mistake to make when tagging categories, since there's also a 'Final Fantasy' category. The Final Fantasy section (meant to be a database but that's been scrapped now) is set to 'not published' and members can't see that section. It's empty anyway. I'm going to ahead and just disable it to avoid the issue again.

Thanks Tia for looking into it.

Back