Why did you, personally, dislike the art style in FFIX?

dainerys

Gil
FFIX was my first Final Fantasy game I was exposed to and I instantly fell in love with it. I enjoyed the pre-rendered backgrounds, the character style, the sounds and music... Everything was top notch to my 12 year old mind at the time.

Now I find it hard to get into FFVII and FFVIII for that same reason, just because it is so unlike FFIX. I want to know the opinions of people who had the opposite experience as I did. I've made it akin to the Windwaker debacle that happened to the Zelda series, but maybe there's more to the puzzle than just the FF cast having a "cartooney" look.

i think the problem was just simply alot of peoples first final fantasy was VII/VIII so I reckon it was a bit of a shock to the system for it to revert to its roots, i know i was abit taken aback, as id never seen any game play of the previous installments before VII and VIII and it took a bit of adjusting to it. I love it now and it is one of my favourite games ever and I love the art style

Loved it so much, I had this as my wedding cake last Saturday lol

10257978_10152744379606926_7640150286794240996_n.jpg

I actually loved the art style. I think most people that dislike the art style is because it's cartoonish. Which might turn people off when FFVII and VIII were more... "realistic" best word to describe it. I think.

I've heard so much negativity about the cartoonish look of the characters and graphics in the game, but I don't believe it. I love how FFIX was so unique compared to the other games in the series. Sure it may have been a bit different from fans' past favorites of FFVII or FFVIII previously, but it added a new vibe to a new installment. It fit the plot and characteristics of the party very well.

Back