[17/09] Uhh, is the Lightning Trilogy coming to Steam?

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
lightning-returns-opel0sd1.jpg

Everything comes to Steam eventually. The FFXIII trilogy might end up in Valve's box as well, if this screencapped image has anything of worth to say:

qH6safT.png

A recently launched portal page for the FFXIII series in Japan highlights the company's new DiveIn streaming system, whereby customers will be able to essentially stream the games to your smartphone or tablet, and play the game on the go. Interval fees apply.

While the DiveIn logo is present and encountered for in the above image, for some reason Valve's Steam logo is there as well. An indication of the three games heading to PC? Will Lightning strike again? Will she ever leave? Will mods make the games fun? I dunno, but if it happens, it will follow FFIII, FFVII, and FFVIII.

Siliconera

This is actually good news. I'm tired of keeping my Xbox/PS3 around. I think all console games should be emulated on Steam. Finally gives me a chance to try Lightning Returns.

This actually makes a lot of sense. SE has expressed interest in the PC platform of late and considering the FFXIII engine has always been able to churn out PC binaries this would be a really cheap way for them to test people's interest in playing Final Fantasy on the PC. I've already got XIII and XIII-2 on PS3 and even if/when I get a PS4 I have no intention of selling or putting the PS3 away, but if they price it right I might eventually pick up the first game on Steam just to support the cause.

I must have really been out of the loop here. I never saw this one coming and only knew when I was browsing some gaming news site for Alien Isolation stuff (great scary game btw) and came across an article about FFXIII on pc. I was like "no way". What a cool surprise. Now I can have FFXIII on pc which is very nice. It's only for $15 too so it's not like they are trying to milk out some outrageous $40+ price tag either. For all the non-console gamers at the very least this lets them dive into the fun. I see no cons on this really.

60gb, 720p, locked 30fps, and no graphics settings. Thanks, SE?

60gb, 720p, locked 30fps, and no graphics settings. Thanks, SE?

Considering they've set the price of a brand new port at £12, I'm not surprised. I'd say a little lower graphics is worth paying less for. That download size is stupidly high though, even if it does include the install data. I think it's 43 gig without install data? Not sure if that's mandatory or not :s.

I'm glad this game (games?) has gone to steam. I'm sure there are loads of people who'll enjoy it :).

Back