Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Pretty self-explanatory. Well, are you? Do you like to tinker with anything technology-related? Tell us about it or any experiences you'd like to share!

Before 2012? Not really.

After 2012? Yes, very much so.

I've definitely become more tech savvy than I used to be since finding buddies who're techies.

Now I want more and more tech. It's like an addiction, tbh. Because I actually know about the parts now, it's so very interesting imo!

I think I'll try eventually building up to putting my own PC together- once I get more experience and rid myself of the fear that I'll break things by tinkering too much with them. 0.0

I am not in terms of Hardware like I used to. I used to love building computers for $100 dollar commissions as a teenager. Back then that was a good wad of cash. I also laid out Cat 5 cable for offices in the surrounding areas of Nashville and Lavergne with a Teach, $300 for a good job.

Now as far as Servers and such go, I only know the internals these days and software. As far as "having" what is hip in the technology world.. Nah. In 2007 I finally purchased a smart phone. That was only because Facebook and all other applications were starting to become hand held, and because my friends were killing my texts. So back then I was able to receive a great deal through AT&T to get unlimited data on my Iphone.

Now a days I do have an IPAD mini but my Boss gave me this. I have a computer laying about, and my ex-wife sold my xbox360. So I am consoless at the time. I play IPad games (Lunar, FFI and others) every now and again for nostalgia, though nothing really else.

I have a standard LCD screen. My car is a 2006 altima, so nothing technically modified in it either.

Now as far as software goes, yes, very technical.

I program and write automation via programming as well in the Agile Software Development Life Cycle. I dwindle in User Experience, from designing to writing the JS for the bundles in our .net MVC4.5 apps. I also play as much as possible to get a feel for the new types of Web Application Programming.

I do like learning new programs, even if they're the most challenging thing I've ever come across with. I also like to tinker around with gadgets and the likes. Couple months ago I pried open a PS3 because the disc reader was acting up. Only took me three hours. I had my iPhone next to me, watching a video on Youtube on the 'hows' and what not to do, etc. I did end up with a pretty big cut on the back of my hand though, but it was well worth it. Few months before that, I installed a graphics card... again, watching a video on Youtube on my phone, while also getting yelled at by Fil via text messaging because I needed his help, haha.

Now I'm trying to learn CSS and a bit of coding by taking advantage of the free resources out there. Recently downloaded SublimeText so we'll see how that goes. It's a bit overwhelming but taking it one step at a time. I wanna learn how to build websites from the ground up. I've had some experience with WordPress and Breezi, but nothing deep. I wanna explore all the other stuff because I do find that I'm enjoying it. I'm looking into getting Dreamweaver, hopefully, but I think I'd like to get the basics of Adobe Illustrator first.

So, while I'm not at all very tech savvy, I'm very open to learning and welcome the challenge.

Did I mention I almost screwed up this site because I accidentally dragged a folder in the wrong directory via FTP without knowing it? Yeah that was pretty recent. Can't tell you how many times I uttered 'oh my god' and cuss words in one minute.

Well, let's see...I knew basic DOS commands when I was 4 (can't say I knew what they meant, but I knew how to launch 5 1/2 floppy disk games from command line), I've been learning HTML/CSS since I was 12, when I was 17 I built my current PC (well, actually by now I've replaced almost all the parts, one by one, over periods of time), later that same year I 3D modeled all of the backgrounds for my very own independent short film, this year I learned my first programming language which I have applied towards making my very own RPG engine, I've been hired multiple times to professionally repair PCs (not this year, just random times in the past), I once ran Windows 95 on my iPod Touch and before that Linux on my Palm Tungsten E2 (those were the days), I've had as many as four operating systems on a single PC at any given time, my room is replete with gadgets, let's see, what else...

I'll just let everyone here be the judge :P

I'm not very tech savvy at all (bit of an understatement there) but I do know how to work a lot of digital art/graphics programs and I also have a lot of wires so I know a bit about that side of things too.

I remember feeling really proud of myself back in the day when I first figured out how to set my laptop as a monitor for my PS3 since I don't have a TV in my room. Afterwards, learning how to set my TV to output PS One games purchased from PSN was also a challenge due to the TV's lack of FPS to display the game. When I got it to work I was very happy, even if it did require a ridiculous set up through a VCR! :wacky:

I am pretty clueless about techy things since I only gravitate towards certain aspects when using it (i.e. graphics, gaming, video capture and editing and music). In the end I don't much care about my ignorance because I'm happy with what I have, although, I would be interested in learning how to set up a website, much like what Mitsuki described earlier. This is mostly because it would act as a great framework for my yen to design, so maybe it's not all that different from what I'm into anyway. :)

I'm not gonna say that I'm necessarily 'Tech savvy', but I do know enough that I can handle my own. I like to go through computer programs and see what I can learn. I always try and fix problems myself when it comes to computers.
Not to mention, each and everytime we've had to call our ISP because of problems with our internet, the support always wind up fucking it up even worse, and I wind up fixing it while my mom is on the phone with them. I seriously wonder how a majority of them got their job for being tech support because they're rubbish :hmmm:

Absolutely not.

I'm the sort of person who will worship the conveniences and the luxuries that technology has given us, but I will also be the first person to swear and despair when it goes wrong. That instinct to try and fix something? I'd rather not, because I will likely have no idea what I am doing, and in all probability I may make it worse. A practical desire to do even the most preliminary research to familiarise myself with certain equipment and ways about doing things? I am not that person.

Basically, I am the sort of idiot person who would relish any technological product that is reliable, convenient and simple enough even for a lobotomised monkey to effortlessly figure out. I am a technological illiterate (and a lobotomised monkey) and I have no shame in admitting it. Tinkering is not in my DNA. If alternative universes exist, barely any of them will feature the permutation of Livi as a computer engineer. It's just not in my blood.

Does this drag me down in a world that is becoming ever so technological? It's a world where technology is rapidly becoming a fundamental part of any business; even a practising lawyer must adapt and become technologically minded, because structures will change (and are changing) right down to how people think and the kind of service a client will expect from us. Yes, I am very likely to struggle to thrive if I remain this blissfully ignorant. But at least I'm not my mother, whose grasp of technology is so tenuous that I'm amazed she knows how to text.

Back