What is the Strangest Thing That Has Happened to You

Aselia

Unless I fight, I cannot win.
Veteran
Gil
What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you?

I have many, but one of the weirdest, and most embarrassing things to happen to me, was when I worked at McDonalds.

I would typically go out of my way to make sure little kids always got the toys they wanted. One day I was running the orders for front counter, and I was looking up at the order screen when I heard the little girl ordering the happy meal say she wanted a Barbie. I was out of the Barbie dolls, but i had the Barbie bracelets, so I grab one and turn to the counter with the bracelet in hand and a big smile on... go to hand the girl the bracelet...

She had no arms.

I about DIED. I was so fucking embarrass I ended up like giving her 3 different toys because I felt bad lol

This one time I had this tinder app like thing when I was in high school. I found it again (it's name had changed) after buying a new phone a few months ago, and some gay guy with the same profile picture that added me 6 years ago was trying to talk to me lol

it was pretty creepy =(

Last edited:
Aselia

Sounds like a real "Ground swallow me up now" moment. Heck that's awkward but you weren't to know, I hope they took it in good faith that it was an honest mistake.

For my strangest moment I'm nominating on of my :wtf: occasions.

It was a Saturday and I was studying for my Juniour Cert in the kitchen. It was getting close to lunchtime and I heard the back door open, somebody (sounded like my mother) come in and take off their shoes and walk down the hallway and into the kitchen. I was working on my maths so I wasn't paying a whole hell of a lot of attention but rather registered this information as a sort of background noise type thing. Since my chair faces away from the kitchen counter I didn't bother turning around as I threw the question "What's for lunch?" over my shoulder.

There was no answer...

I looked behind me but no one was there. So I called out "Mammy?" in a real "Hello guys?" ala crappy Hollywood fashion but again, nothing.

Two seconds later the door opens and both my parents walk in together. Apparently they had just come back from town...so I was like :wtf:
So it had all been my imagination since there was no way it could have been any of my folks...
but still, I had been so convinced.

@Aselia

Sounds like a real "Ground swallow me up now" moment. Heck that's awkward but you weren't to know, I hope they took it in good faith that it was an honest mistake.

This.

I'm able to think of two strange-out-of-the-norm situations, although I'm sure I've had lots. One of them was when I was a kid, about five or six years old. It was back home in the Philippines, and my dad got into some trouble with one of the town's bigwigs. All I know was that they were all drunk and either my dad said something stupid or he owed money, I don't know, but he pissed someone off. So that night we were 'on the run' because apparently the guys were looking for my dad, and they had guns with them. The four of us (my dad, mom, my younger brother, and I) left our house - actually my grandma's house - and we were heading to my great-uncle's house, which was like...right across the street, lol. But anyway, it was really dark and we were outside waiting for the maid to open the gates. Well, at that time, things happened quickly... there was a jeepney heading towards us (which turned out to be the guys looking for my dad) and so my family quickly entered the gates and everyone was freaking out. My mom was carrying my brother, my dad was still kinda drunk, and I got left behind outside the gate...because I was scared of my great-uncle's dog who was barking at us, even though he had a leash on. Still, the leash was pretty long and he could almost reach us... so I stayed outside and cried for my mom and dad. But they kept going and eventually disappeared from my sight, even the maid.

At that point, I detoured around the corner outside of the house and hid behind a bush. I saw the jeepney driving pass by (slowly), and the driver was driving with one hand on the wheel and on the other hand, had his gun pointing up. Few other guys were in the passenger area and they were yelling for my dad's name, clearly all drunk. I would never ever forget that moment. I was crying so hard but also trying to be quiet about it. Ten minutes (maybe a bit more) passed and the maid came back for me, though she let me in a different way.

--

Another one I recall was when I was living in Ohio, which was over five years ago. It was around 2 a.m, and I woke up because I heard a little girl crying. I woke my husband up, and we both went down to check. Sure enough, there was a random little girl (two-years-old) crying in the living room. We've never seen her before so it was really bizarre. After asking her a few questions, she said, "I can't find my mommy. What are we going to do?" She was such a sweetheart though, but yeah, we kinda put two and two together and figured my brother probably brought a girl over who had a daughter. And we were right. They were both in the basement, lol. I guess they didn't realize the little girl woke up from her sleep. But it was really freaky because she seriously looked like a porcelain doll, with light fair skin, freckles, blonde and naturally curly-Shirley-Temple hair. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

The weird things are the either Deja Vu moments I've had or the Dreams that come true in the same day. I literally wonder if someone is pulling me as if I was a puppet when these things happen. I have a lot go on every day in my life, so distinct moments are hard for me to recall.

The dream within a dream weird moment was probably the worst. I fell asleep one night with a lot on my mind (worst time ever to fall asleep). I dreamed the girl I was seeing had run off due to circumstances in her family. Something about her alcoholic dad. I read about her in a news article that she had a huge car wreck. I tried to found the outcome to it, but woke up (or so I thought). Within the next dream I was with her in a mountain range some kind. I had quit a job I was working at (no details to vague of a memory). We were in a lodge of some kind, and I had started relaxing when I read about her death. I looked up and she was no longer there. I can't recall what happened next but I woke up (this time for real).

I had a terrible feeling all day. I get a phone call on a Saturday at around noon and the girl says "Tyler, can you come to the Car Wash on Jackson?". I hesitate and laugh, and then proceed to ask, "Yea sure. Though what's up?." She says, "I've been in a wreck..". My face went white and I sort of fidgeted and said "Are you alright, and is everyone else alright?"

Everything turned out fine, some Freshman had side swiped her back fender due to improper lane changing. Though that's the first time I've had a "dream come true" moment.

Back