[03/09] Square Enix Bringing games from iOS to Vita, and the rest of the TGS 2014 list

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
Square Enix announced a few things for the Tokyo Game Show.

First the interesting news, Rise of Mana will come out onto the Vita system. No longer just an iOS/Android game.

Next Deadmans Cross, a Zombie style card based RPG is also being ported to the Vita.

Source: Polygon

What else can we hope to see at the Tokyo game show?

Here is the big list...
Dragon Quest X Online
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
Bravely Second
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy Explorers

And that's it...
Nothing on Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantady Type-0 HD, or Kingdom Hearts III.

Source: Hardcore Gamer

I agree.... we need to see something....but the problem i see with FFXV is that the game looks pretty straight forward in gameplay.

I wouldn't freak out about not seeing FFXV and Type-0 HD. Sure it would make sense to show them off since they are SE's biggest games, but honestly if they are sticking to their word about focusing all their efforts on those two, logistically it is the more reasonable thing for them not to bring demos. I don't think many people have an appreciation for just how much work goes into prepping a demo for these press events. Oftentimes an entire team of developers has to be dedicated just to creating a show build. A lot of the games in this list are either mobile (not nearly as complicated) or based on previous releases (already complete in one form, easy to demo). Smaller projects--SE can afford to dedicate the resources to bringing them to the show. And considering they have so many of them right now, it wouldn't surprise me if this is genuinely the reason why FFXV and Type-0 HD are no-shows.

FF type-0 aparently is 80% complete. FFXV all it really needs is a press conference and some screenshots.

Back