Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
To complement the new moogle mascot / theme for our site, here’s a new event for the members to participate in!

So here’s the story (and if you’ve played FF7 and FF9, this will be familiar). The Mognet Central is currently unavailable for unknown reasons. Did one of the other two admins break something? Who knows. But we need this fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, how do we know which mascots are on sale in Mognet Central!?

And so the stage is set for our little friend Mog.

Mog has lost his ability to fly for unknown reasons. Luckily for him, the new shop Gold Saucer sell Kupo Nuts under the ‘House of Mog’, which will help him fly again. Each Kupo Nuts costs 1 GP. Most of us don’t have GP yet, but you can acquire some GP by participating in this event. But wait, there’s more.

Mog will only take one specific type of Kupo Nut. Since he’s quite the picky moogle, it also has to be the exact amount. (Here’s a hint: anywhere from 1-20). For example, if you think Mog wants a certain type of Kupo Nut, you can only make one transaction for that type of Kupo Nut during the entire event, so make a decision wisely. Should you purchase 5 or 8 of the questionable-looking Kupo Nut? (There’s three types of Kupo Nuts.)

--How do I even know what is the right type of Kupo Nut?!

Unfortunately, you don't. You can make a wild guess and carelessly blow your GP away (if you have any to begin with). Or you can play it smart and participate in our new forum event to gather some clues as to what type and right amount of Kupo Nuts to feed Mog! (You'll even win something along the way). It's optional, but if you want to try and make an accurate purchase and gather GP, then participation would be the way to go.

Not only that, but when someone manage to make Mog fly again, the Mognet Central shop will open up.

Thus, the quest for Moogle's Mail Delivery Service begins!

The right type and amount of Kupo Nut will be revealed at the end of the event (or when there's no more mascots available for purchase). The event may last for a few weeks or a month, so this should give members some time to acquire hard-earned GP via the Moogles Mail Delivery Service, among other things.

REWARDS:

--Collect 5 Lost Letters to receive 5 GP.

--Collect 10 Lost Letters to receive 15 GP.

--If you managed to make Mog fly again (made an accurate purchase during the event, meaning you must have found most letters) you will receive 25 GP and 1000 Gil. If you've been collecting letters, you should have more than enough GP to buy a mascot (each costs 25 GP) and other items that costs GP in the shops.

--To compensate those who participated in searching for Lost Letters but didn't get to purchase a mascot, you will be rewarded 5 GP and 300 Gil.

--If you managed to figure out some of the clues provided by the Moogles (may or may not have anything to do with the Kupo Nuts craze) you may even win something random! Could be GP or Gil. So be sure to invest some thought (and financial effort) into it. Some will require you to do something for those pesky moogles.

Crystal?

So let’s start:
A hint was already provided. Mognet Central is down. Might wanna check that out. This will also tell me who’s participating. Good luck!

I'm playing. I'm saving the links just in case I have to PM them. xD

The first few letters, no. You guys will know when to PM me since the letters will give you instructions. :)

:hmph: What a pain this is! :lew: I was stuck for such a long time on one..... Now to continue...

:ohshit::drag::fan::seiji::hyper::tard::kira::kira::kira::kira::kira::kira::kira::kira:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop. Done!!! I believe? Think I have the right ones anyway!

I assume we can reserve an item we want, so that we don't spoil the event for the current participants? Mitsuki

Yep, that's fine. =] Whether you got the right answer though... we'll see.

Hahaha, hate you for all this. It was too damn difficult.

I want to reserve the purple (independent) materia! And in case I lost, I still claim I reserved it. So, either way, it's mine. Thanks.

I think I did this right... If I didn't, let me know Mits kinda doing this on my way to work so I don't fall behind!

Do we only get one guess? Like, if I bought the wrong nut(s) at first, can we try again?

Well to be fair I didn't clarify whether the members would be DQed entirely from the event, so you can continue solving clues, but any letters delivered by me (or FFFBank) won't happen until after 24 hours have passed as some sort of penalty. Just to keep things fair for everyone. But ultimately I like to see participation so if you're still interested then I don't see why I should refuse that. You did lose a few GP too, so... I say you're good to go again after 24 hours have passed.

So was there supposed to be links in this thread we followed, if so they didn't work for me. Using the college computers here atm.

If you buy the Mail thing, Mits sends you a clue... That I'm still % stuck on

If you do find the location, there's a link that will take you to Letter #2 .

So just a general hint for you guys since I noticed a bunch of you are really struggling... :lew:

All the answers are on the forums. Whether it's a thread, site feature, MogShop...

No need to check any forum section or CMS or google "money and cheese" or send me a huge pic of a cheese to solve clues, or who knows what else you guys are doing...

I mean it's hilarious, don't get me wrong, but I'm slightly starting to feel terrible. :wacky:

^Lol I have not even had to use google once. I have to admit some clues do throw me off. It is great fun, Mits.

Anyone else wanna participate? This is probably going to end soon, so do keep in mind that this will be one of the rare events where you can easily earn GP. For those who participated, thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back