Help FFXIII: How should I build my Characters?

Coooy

Gil
Hello, I just restarted Final Fantasy 13 (my console died and I couldn't get back my save) and I was wondering, what are the best character builds? I could not get pass the boss at the end of chapter 10, probably because I focused on commando for most characters. How should I build each individual character from the moment I can build them onward?

The builds aren't important as you should be reaching the level cap, so it's more a case of using paradigms effectively.
You might also need to level up your equipment too, it can make a considerable difference.

Eh, unless you're grinding, you'll stop hitting the level cap by chapter 7 or so. It's best to develop the three main roles (the three they get first) for every character. Prioritize key nodes like Accessory, Role Levels, and abilities over random stat nodes unless the stat gain is abnormally high (e.g. Lightning's early Str +10 in her bottom RAV stage). And yes, leveling up some equipment can make a huge difference. For your first playthrough I recommend first leveling up your Black Belts and Rune Bracelets for a big defensive boost, and then work on weapons for your primary Commandos.

Back