First Blitzball Tournament

Blitzball really isn't that difficult. It's so easily manipulated. Just swim around in circles and then when they get close to you but not close enough where you have to break to them you pass to someone else. Rinse and repeat untill you get

a. Close enought w/ Tidus and the Jecht shot that you guarentee a goal (staring the goalkeeper in the face and only needing to break to 2 or less is preferable)
b. Tidus or Wakka alone in front of goal.

I've got past the point of the first Blitzball game three times on the HD version. On the PS2 version, I always used to lose; it's definitely been toned down in the HD remake. I have played the HD version three times: once in Japanese, once in English and once in German. In the Japanese and English versions I won 2-1 and played a lot of Blitzball during those playthroughs. In my German playthrough, I won, and managed to get Tidus to do a celebration in the water before leaving the game in the second half.

I don't think it's difficult, you just need to pass the ball around as much as possible in the first half and avoid the Goers with the higher stats like the plague. If I remember rightly, two of the Goers' players have pretty rubbish attack stats, so getting tackled by them isn't too much of a problem.

It is hard but doable, though certainly the PS3 version is easier than it was on PS2. Since I'm getting the PS4 version (it arrives today), I'll see if it gets any easier. But generally, you want to keep the opponents from scoring so your best bet is to keep the ball in your hands for the first half (I think you can play the 1st half... my memory is a bit rusty), then try to score just once (or twice to break the tie), and keep the ball in your possession and on your side of the field thereafter.

Well it seems the PS4 version's Blitzball championship is much easier. I practically shut down the Luca Goers in the 1st half, 3-0, where in the second half they managed to score 1 point.

Well it seems the PS4 version's Blitzball championship is much easier. I practically shut down the Luca Goers in the 1st half, 3-0, where in the second half they managed to score 1 point.

I doubt they modified it at all, you're probably just more refreshed on tactics and such and knew what you were doing that little bit more than last time.

Back