Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Anyone looking to purchase the game when it comes out in a few weeks?

I'm going to wait a bit. I'm a big Sims fan, but for some reason I'm not entirely crazy about this upcoming one. I did play around with the CAS demo last night, and while it's nice and has its usual quirks that I love, I don't really see the big hype about the 'new emotions' and 'weirder stories'. Sure they might've added a few emotions or changed the terms around, but generally these are stuff we've already seen in the previous games, nothing new about it. :unsure:

Here's the new trailer from Gamescom.

New emotions gameplay trailer:

I mostly play Sims to build houses though, so I'm looking forward to that, but as it stands, the base game is a bit lacking - but that's to be expected since that's how it's always been. So I'll wait until they come out with new stuff or have a sale in a few months. Refuse to pay $60 for this. I'll play it eventually. I'm still pretty happy with Sims 3 anyway.

Yes, yes and yes. Unlike Kira (and I believe you as well, Mits!), I don't care about the shift in style. I do want to play the game and do plan on picking it up (when it is affordable, mind). However, I also realize the back-end of this, in that EA still has console-itis and will likely resell us the DLC at $20-$40 a pop (again).

Too many side notes in parentheses there, but in the words of Ludacris, I don't really give a fuuuuuuuck!

I've been a huge, huge, Sims fan for a while now.

While I don't mind the little detail changes, the Sims 4, imo, isn't nearly as good as the 3rd one. It's very small, and I got very bored of the game.

I haven't played it in a while, but I'm sure they'll have add-ons or maybe they already do, idunno of the game. there's many websites listing everything that they didn't have in the game that they had in the 3rd one, and its a long list. So lets throw in add-ons to make more money? greedy bastards.

I feel like its in-between the Sims 2 and 3. It should not have been the 4th... I feel like they focused on the character making skills, tweeks, personality, etc. Which they did a fantastic job on but I missed the open world. I miss moving my characters through the neighborhood without the loading screen. I'm sure there's more things I could complain on, but I won't go that far.

I was definitely a disappointed Sims fan.

I got the game for half price last week. The controls felt a bit clunky, but that might just be me not used to the change in interface. It took some time to get used to the camera too (though I'm still a bit awkward with it), as they took out the default option to angle the camera up and down, which I found useful in Sims 3 especially on build mode. It's still there in Sims 4, but you'd have to enable 'Sims 3 camera' so that you can use the middle mouse button pitch control, and that's how you change angle freely. It's taking some adjustments, but nothing too difficult.

Edge Scrolling: Is it just me or is edge scrolling downwards not available? I'm able to edge scroll up, left, and right (which is a bit slow for me, compared to Sims 3) but let's say I edge-scrolled up for a bit and I need to get my camera back to something...I can't edge scroll down, so I'd need to click and drag with right button on my mouse to move the camera manually. I'm still kinda struggling with this, so I usually just end up right-clicking on my Sims thumbnails to find them or find my house quickly. Not a huge deal, more of an annoyance as I'm used to Sims 3's versatile controls. I don't know why they didn't make that a default camera feature. I tried doing build mode and I had a difficult time building a small-regular house, rotating pre-built styled rooms randomly without meaning to do so, camera going this way and that way, and me adjusting/fixing the camera views that somehow went out of control -- little mistakes like that where I normally wouldn't have any problems in Sims 3. I can't properly explain it, but I felt so out of place with build mode.

I can see why people say they get bored with the game quickly. I can't say I'm bored or not bored yet. I've only played an hour into it, and that's mostly me learning the new interface and controls. It's weird that once my sims are done with their work, school, or a stroll from the city, they automatically just appear in front of the doorstep due to the loading screens they've implemented between neighborhoods. I like being able to know where my Sims went and track them down, but in order to avoid loading screens, I just stay at the house and wait for my Sims to auto-appear once work/school is over. It's kind of sad.

I do like that when sleeping, the wait time isn't as long anymore even when fast-forward is on.

Anyone interested in the Sims 4 should know: it is free to download from Origin until the 28th of May! I personally prefer the Sims 3, but it was good to get a freebie :-).

Thanks for informing the community! =]

Do you play often? I used to stream The Sims 4 (with FFF members as sims, lol) and that was pretty fun. Feel free to download the FFF sims if you ever feel like experimenting on your own. We won't judge! I do prefer Sims 3 as well. Generally I get stuck in building mode though and I barely actually get to play.

@Six Perhaps we should have a download link to the FFF member sims? (Both old and new versions). Yes, maybe, no?

Reactions: Six
@Six Perhaps we should have a download link to the FFF member sims? (Both old and new versions). Yes, maybe, no?

I think that's a fun idea. A lot of our sims aren't base game though, they do include expansion/game/stuff pack items but the content used shows on the gallery anyway.

I would definitely download the FFF sims if I knew where to find them :LOL:. All of the sims I make look very similar to each other, so some new blood would be good!

The Sims 3 is the best one, IMHO. I am already missing the open world.

I love creating sims... >.> I always get stuck in CAS / Build mode, I barely get to play the friggin' game. Recently added some mods to the game even though I said I wasn't going to... :lew:

I miss the Sims 3 as well, open world, colour wheel...

Not as much as I used to. I was obsessed with the Sims when I was younger, but now I just play every so often.

I would definitely download the FFF sims if I knew where to find them :LOL:. All of the sims I make look very similar to each other, so some new blood would be good!

The Sims 3 is the best one, IMHO. I am already missing the open world.

Ah I’m so bummed you missed out on the Sims 4 fun about 6+ months ago.

If you ever get bored:

FFF Sims Lifestream Sign-Ups: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/fff-sims-lifestream-sign-up.64413/

FFF Sims Lifestream Discussion: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/fff-sims-lifestream-discussion.64460/

Linnaete even wrote article summary of each episode: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/forums/sphere-theater.457/

Fun times, so much laughter between the members for the dumbest things ever! Kinda miss it, but like you I just play every few months now or so.

FFF Sims downloadable sounds like a grand idea so we’ll look into it! :)

I downloaded the Sims a few months ago for really cheap, but I feel ripped off anyway! If only I had held out longer! :tearjoy:

If you ever get bored:

FFF Sims Lifestream Sign-Ups: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/fff-sims-lifestream-sign-up.64413/

FFF Sims Lifestream Discussion: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/fff-sims-lifestream-discussion.64460/

Linnaete even wrote article summary of each episode: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/forums/sphere-theater.457/

Fun times, so much laughter between the members for the dumbest things ever! Kinda miss it, but like you I just play every few months now or so.

FFF Sims downloadable sounds like a grand idea so we’ll look into it! :)

I've had a tab up on the first episode for a short while now. I haven't gotten far but I've had a few chuckles! Looking forward to watching/reading the rest! I also wouldn't mind the Sims downloadable, even though I don't have any other expansion packs. I mostly just play so I can build my house :blush:

• Haha
Reactions: Six
@Layle Ahh don’t tempt me! 🙈

@DaggerTribal You know, we should probably create a thread for our Sims ID (or Origin ID) so we could see each other’s content. We’ll look into this soon too.

Also, I don’t recommend you read Episode V. That one is a little more on the wild side, oops. 😆

Back