[24/7] "Prequel Trilogy" trademarked

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Seems SE wants to pull off a Star Wars

SE just trademarked "Prequel Trilogy". Have no idea what its for, but we can only guess at this point. I can only hope its not from Final Fantasy XIII.

Source: Siliconera

Seems SE wants to pull off a Star Wars

SE just trademarked "Prequel Trilogy". Have no idea what its for, but we can only guess at this point. I can only hope its not from Final Fantasy XIII.

Source: Siliconera

Interesting, i hope as you say it isn't for final fantasy XIII because that story has been played out now. I would love a prequel trilogy based on a earlier final fantasy.

I just want to note that "prequel trilogy" doesn't automatically mean THREE prequel games to something. It can also be a name they're about to give to an existing series of games that may be due for a sequel or whatever.

IF they are planning to make a prequel trilogy of something, they have learnt absolutely nothing from last gen. You generally don't plan to make multiple games if you can't even gauge the quality/reception of the first game, LET ALONE assigning them as prequels of an existing product, which can piss off fans, unless you're a moron. But this is Square-Enix, after all.

Or it could be the wonderful Square Enix picking up trademarks... for the sake of it?

We could get a series of games, or we could get absolutely nothing.

I'm not looking into anything that doesn't have sexy armpits.

Please be excited(for what)?

Oh no.

This either means three games are getting a prequel as part of a single project, or a game's getting a prequel and it's being split up into a trilogy. Either way, this is an enormous and unwanted stab in the dark.

...unless one of these games includes Braska's Pilgrimage from FFX. :wacky:

Trade marks are nothing in my opinion, many trade marks get dropped or changed anyways. I'll just ignore until something actually comes from it

Hopefully the trademark gets dropped. at the moment, what can they focus on? Right now we have FF15 and FF explorers in development

Prequel Trilogy could probably be just a name of a single game, but even so, the idea of a prequel game seems like a bad idea.

The only way im seeing this as a good thing is if FF X gets a prequel trilogy, about Braska, Auron, and Jecht. And their travels, to the climax of Braska defeating Sin.

As some are stating above it just seems like they are just trademarking whatever. It doesn't really mean they are going ahead with it. I honestly doubt it would be anything FFXIII related or even if it was I doubt it would be a game(s) more like books or if it is a game(s) mobile etc.

...unless one of these games includes Braska's Pilgrimage from FFX. :wacky:

i dont see how it would be much different from X given that the pilgrimage is exactly the same, seems kinda pointless really....would be a massive feel fest though lol

why is everyone assuming it's going to be Final Fantasy related if anything comes of it

at the moment, what can they focus on? Right now we have FF15 and FF explorers in development

SE has more than 6 employees

why is everyone assuming it's going to be Final Fantasy related if anything comes of it

SE has more than 6 employees
So when we look at FFE, FF15, and maybe Bravely Second, we're going to see just 6 employees?

ALthough they are divided into divisions, most of the development is done by most of the other producers. the smaller number are just the ones taking the lead.

Back