Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
What weird names did you come up with for your poor companion?

My chocobo's name is Starbucks. Named after the coffee, yes, and not Melville's Starbuck. I dunno, I'm addicted to Starbucks.

And here he is.

ffxiv_07232014_162010_zpsf4f4b9fe.png~original

I believe I called mine Choco McGee.

:wacky: I swear it's not my ego, I just like calling things McGee!!

It means they get to join the legendary McGee clan!!

Aye aye!

Mine's Cheeto :lew:

I was just trying to think of words that sounded like 'Chocobo', so of course I first sorted through words in my head that had the 'ch' and 'o' sounds. 'Cheeto' was an obvious choice! :D

I named my chocobo Sparx.

I'm still unsure whether or not I want it to be an imaginary female or an imaginary boy. Time will tell!

While I don't really play any more: I called mine Ciel, from the FF: Unlimited anime. Seemed appropriate considering the dress-up.

My chocobo is called Hewarkles. :argor:

Yes, I guess I have been quite predictable with the name for my bird. Hewarkles is quite clearly the Greek hero Herakles, but with the chocobo call 'wark!' mixed within it.

It's a bit awkward, but a chocobo attempting to pronounce Herakles would always be awkward.

PolyphemosBromios20_08_201417_28_25.png

I named mine Ghostrider, yes after the DC hero. And I guess it will fit more when I can make him red in color with the behemoth armor he is wearing allready.

Mine's called Ziedrich after the bangle from FF7.

I was going to name my chocobo after Tom but after thinking it through, it felt kind of weird that I would be riding Tom and him trying to buck me off. So yeah, like I said, weird.... had to scrap that idea, so after careful planning and the tons of names I went through I settled on PotPie ... now I start getting hungry every time I ride that big ol' chicken. Mmmmmm chicken pot pie.

Destructor... gave him that name in 1.0, because he was going to destroy everything in his path. But that did never happen.

I named mine Coive. The name stems from an original character who is stead fast and loyal; this chocobo has big boots to fill.....no pressure. :wacky:

Liebchen, which is German for sweetheart. :melody: Totes not stolen from any former FFF member here!

She (even though the game insists Liebchen is a male, but let's ignore that. Not like you can tell!) is a darling bird, despite all the torturous running I have to make her do with a heavy Miqo'te on her back. She remains eternally steadfast and loyal despite the several times I had to sacrifice her to enemy mobs just so I could run away safely. In dire times when I have no adequate way to heal myself when I'm a DPS, Liebchen is there throw me a Choco Regen and a Choco Cure.

Now if we can ever get a house, I aim to actually make her lavender this time. :hmph:

Mine somehow ended up getting called Tequila and was supposed to be purple but I messed up the die job (really must work out where went wrong) still he has been a fierce and loyal companion these last six months!!

Aerian Elcarus 27_05_2015 18_36_31.jpg

Last edited:
Florence!

I'm a huge fan of Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine so that's where the inspiration came from. Kinda silly, but I couldn't help it. Her new album had just come out :p

i tried making steve royal blue, but he ended up being morbol green ]:

so now he is just bog standard yellow again lol

My chocobo is called Quiet because well, it is actually a pretty short story. One of my friends on here offered to help me get the chocobo and I can remember asking her what I should name it. Then she said, "Who is that girl that you have the hots for you keep talking about?" There you have it folks, Stefanie Joosten is the woman I fancy, therefore I quickly thought of naming my chocobo Quiet after Joosten's character in Metal Gear Solid V. It was quick, and I can always rename it if I do not like it. I got to say though, mounting Quiet must be nice (what?!)

In all honesty, Twintania > Quiet mount xD

Back