Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Just for the hell of it, share some of your negative dungeon experiences.

I mostly run into negative experiences when it comes to duty finder. People can be impatient, rude, you name it. The one that sicks out for me was several months ago. The Hydra. It was my first time and didn't watch a video on Youtube or anything. At the time I was using my PS3 controller on the PC using DS3 tool. Well, funny thing was...I thought my controller got disconnected when I suddenly lost control of my character. She started running straight to the back wall. So I started freaking out, unhooked my controller and tried to hook everything back up. My character started running around in circles, etc. That was pretty horrible.

Unfortunately, we all wiped and had to start 2nd round without my PS3 controller and I had to use a keyboard instead...and I'm no good with keyboard movement. I managed though but never wanted to experience that again.

Recently, I read up the battle with The Hydra and its mechanics since I had to do this trial again as a Bard. Apparently The Hydra does an AoE attack called "Fear Itself" which makes the players run in fear if caught in the attack. -_- That explains what happened back then...

Then there was my second time running Castrum Meridianum. I never got the mechanics down the first try due to that a few were speed-running it, so obviously that left me confused. I locked on the cannon...pressed R2+O, orange target showed up on the ground, positioned it so it would hit the Colossus...fired. And...nothing. I didn't see my cannon shoot fireballs like the other two besides me. I even jumped on the other cannon since no one was using it, but same thing. It wouldn't fire. Then during the fight with Livia when we were supposed to shoot together, we were given the signal to fire, but mine didn't go off. So one guy got pissed and told me to get off the cannon. xD

Your turn.

It was my first run through of Copperbell, and I used the duty finder to find a party.

That would be my first unpleasant experience with a dungeon, because I was saddled with a bitchy healer. If it transpired that ANYONE dared roll for any of the loot, he or she would angrily whinge to us (particularly me, because we both use Disciple of Magic equipment) about how "selfish" we were. This person even had the nerve to plead to us to give them player commendations, so they could earn that precious golden Magitek mount, despite being an awful healer. Too busy complaining, and not enough healing.

But today, I had my second run through of Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak. I thought after my successful first run through with a competent party, that a second one would just as swiftly be done. I wanted to repeat it for a certain loot that was narrowly taken from me earlier when a white mage managed to roll a higher "need" number than I did for an aetherial robe.

My party this time was laughably ineffectual. The other DPS and I were left in a room to fend off MOBS, while the healer and tank stood there like confused chumps BEHIND a sticky web. Obviously, with combat going on, my frantic attempts to stay alive, and PS3 chat being the only way to communicate, I could not angrily tell them to just tear down the web. I expected at least one of them to at least have the brain cells to do it, but they continued to stand there bewildered, as the two DPSs of the party were eventually massacred.

Then came the boss spider. I forgot how many times we died, despite my reminders to them to help clear out some mobs and especially the tail. I didn't know what the tank was doing. I lost track of him amidst all the madness, but for some reason all the aggro was piled on our healer. I desperately summoned a topaz carbuncle, but despite all my efforts, we would continuously die somehow. We only barely won in the end, and by then, the dungeon run had lasted a good hour or so. Lahabrea must have been wetting himself with laughter.

Didn't even get any player commendation or good loot from it. :gonk:

I can't think of any particularly traumatic dungeon experiences to share but I have a few "best" experiences. Maybe we should rename it Best/Worst etc...

The first was when I was training my conjurer but I didn't have any gear. My crafting skills weren't up to scratch at the time and I wasn't paying the market price so I decided to loot a dungeon. I load into Halatali and there my character is in her underwear which prompted the rest of the party to rage in the chat log which made me laugh. This is my first MMO I never realised just how upset people can get.

Another time I was using the duty finder to level my Paladin when they dropped me into an Halatali run that was already underway. I joined and saw two DPS and no healer. One of the DPS left as soon as I arrived and so I decided to leave as well but just as I was leaving I see the other DPS say "you gonna leave too p****?" in the chat log

...well.

We double teamed the dungeon with him sub healing as an Arcanist and me tanking, it took 50 minutes with small pulls but we made it. That was probably my best dungeon experience to date.

You know, I thought I had an experience to share as I frequently have some sort of complaint with the level of play that players bring to a group in a random matchmade environment.

But other than people just being really derpy, I can't really say I've had a bad experience. I mean, I'm actually surprised. Usually when it comes to a topic like this I have something to bitch about that I can really just lay into and kind of just "own", like the same level of aggression and sureness you'd feel if you were pulling off a putback dunk... But it's just not there lol

Like, I could complain about someone dropping void spheres in the wrong place on the last boss of Amdapor Keep... But so much of the content in the game is mechanically simple, so if you communicate with your group someone usually won't do something like that twice.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, nevermind! I have one. It took a while, but I have it. Basically, a WAR Tank who was nowhere near dying in our group was upset that I was doing damage as WHM and left when I wouldn't stop doing damage while maintaining his health as well. there were no huge dips or anything, dude just wanted me to play with myself when there was nothing to heal. You can see the rest of the story here

It's not mentioned in the album, but another player in the group didn't think we could finish with what we had so they dropped group and tried to rejoin as a Healer.

But yeah... I kind of just turn bad groups into good groups, I guess. Suppose it's just something that comes with the territory of being an experienced, goal oriented player haha

I...uhh, wat

So I queued for Aurum Vale. A bit of a wait later and the other members of the party took a glance at me (a Lv 50 Summoner), said something about how they're rushing through this and they'd rather have a class that can deal sufficient DPS burst damage - which summoners are not good at, of course - and essentially kicked me out straight away.

Look, I know online communities will inevitably have people like this who simply want to run through a session as efficiently as possible with not a single second of patience for anyone deemed new to it or a potential liability, but things like this severely stunt my enjoyment for this game. Dungeon runs can be fantastic if you are fortunate enough to find a group of respectable, patient and friendly players willing to talk new people through the tactics after a half hour of waiting in the Duty Finder queue. Perhaps earlier on in the game's life it would have been a lot more about learning the curves, the mechanics and the idiosyncracies of each dungeon and trial, but now the metagame is so much about rush-grinding and farming that it's often just not fun.

I've heard bad stories about Castrum Meridianum as well. I guess the consensus is to simply not watch any cutscenes. That reminds me of another pet peeve. I'm simply terrified to even watch any more than 5 seconds of a cutscene simply because I don't want to draw the ire of an impatient player who is only there to farm something, or have someone rush in without my being ready and locking me out of the boss room. Often it turned out I needn't have worried, but the fact that I even have this fear of watching dungeon/trial cutscenes speaks volumes. I'm playing a Final Fantasy game and I expect to watch a series of cutscenes. To go back to your room and flick through the archive log doesn't compare to watching a relevant cutscene at the relevant heat of the moment.

Meh... For the longest time, I felt really intimidated to do the main scenario anymore, mainly because I just came across too many assholes who were I guess "elite" players, and couldn't have the patience for someone dealing with the PS3 loading times... I wanted to save up tomes, but I would genuinely feel down after a main scenario run because of the shit people would spew. I wasn't even a bad DPS either, I knew what to dodge, and of course, I had trouble sometimes, but who doesn't? PS3 loads a lot slower than the PC does EVEN IF you have the "auto-skip" cutscenes turned on.

Playing on the PC now with DS3 (motionjoy), so I play with a controller. The only actual fear I have now is the third party program dying on me, and me having to play with mouse and keyboard mid-main-scenario. I think I'd pee myself.

I've not had a bad experience since I started playing on PC (knocks on wood), but the waiting times for DPS are a pain in the ass. I think... If I were to have such a bad experience with main scenario runs now, with people being assholes + the queue times... I think I'd give up on it altoghether.

I think the worst experience I had is where some guy told me to "Stop being a cunt and use your rotations".

.... :brooding:

Awwww yeah, shitty dungeon experiences thread? Fuck yeah. Let's do this shit.

Every run that I ever have of World of Darkness feels like the worst run I've ever had. However, fucking nothing takes the cake of what happened a few days ago. I'm over here farming for my robe, I don't need it, but I want it because I want the skin. Fuck you, I RP, I need that skin, motherfucker. So I had been farming and this is easily somewhere in the 30s of how many times I've run this place. I even have macros set up for boss fights that make nifty sound effects so people know to move there ass. Now, every motherfucker in this dungeon is one of those "LOLXDSORANDUM" people. Tanks tanking naked, Ninja's with weeaboo Japanese names, and dumbass jokes at every turn.

Every goddamn boss we have to clutch the hell out of because, for some goddamn reason, half the raid is dead as the boss sits at 5% health. I don't know why, I don't care, I'm just going clutch with the few people that had enough sense not to stand in AoE like a fucking retard. But it's okay, I'm all "we're all learning" in chat and being all nice.

BUT THEN WE HIT CLOUD OF DARKNESS.

I don't know why people seem to go full fucking ham on this fight. It's not hard. It's a damned easy fight, really. Meteors pop up? Stand in that shit. Snakes show up? Just hit them once and they go away. CoD taking in smoke? Kill the clouds. Three clouds appear? Get with your damn group and DPS that shit down.

Remember when I said I have macros for this? It looks something like this:

Alice Lancaster: METEORS! GET IN THEM! <se.1> <se.2>

Simple, right? You hear it, you see it, and you get in one. It's one per person, and if you all stand in one, the entire raid doesn't take damage. Apparently, this shit is hard to understand. So the entire raid proceeds to do exactly not that. We wipe. Okay, surely we can do better next time. We wiped at 8%. I know we got this. It's also been about three damn weeks since the raid came out. So surely, surely we have this.

Nope.

MOTHERFUCKING BASIC INSTRUCTIONS. I EVEN EXPLAINED THIS SHIT BEFORE THE FIGHT STARTED. HAVE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS EVER RAN A DUNGEON BEFORE?

I'm mad, we wiped at 20%. We did worse than last time. We're going fucking backwards. But hey, I'm cool. Giving helpful instructions in chat, explaining the meteors... again. Being nice. We're all like the Fonz in this bitch. What was the Fonz like? He was cool, yeah, so we're all being coooool.

Meteors.

Wipe. 40%.

MOTHERFUCKER, I LITERALLY SPELL THIS SHIT OUT FOR YOU TWITS. I CAN'T EXPLAIN THIS ANY SIMPLER WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE I'M GIVING INSTRUCTIONS TO FUCKIN' TARZAN. BIG METEOR. STAND IN CIRCLE. GET HIT. MAKE SURE ALL COVERED. RAID NO TAKE DAMAGE.

So we go again. Meteors... And I fuckin' spam the goddamn macro this time.

Death. Doom. Destruction.

Alliance A tank is all, "Alice, we get it. Meteors. Quit fucking spamming you macro."

BITCH, IF YOU FUCKING GET IT, WHY DID WE WIPE FROM METEORS FOR THE FOURTH TIME?!

And then he's all, "I was in one."

Uh, no you weren't. You were goddamn dead. Don't pretend you weren't, you had been dead the last five minutes, because you got rezzed, and then you went down again like your mom when someone shouts "hoedown". Needless to say, we wiped two more times and we disbanded. I was calm and polite most of the time until Team A's Diva Dead Tank was trying to act hard when he was as limp as cooked top ramen noodles.

Some people just can't get right.

*takes deep breath*

*swigs a long gulp of liquor*

This time, I was the horror story. The one who probably brought down an entire raid over and over again while hardening tempers, eroding initial friendly salutations and spirit, and generally wasting everyone's time.

Titan hard mode.

A pox on you, Titan, you despicable lump of igneous shit.

This fight has a reputation for being a massive PUG-killer. A bane of parties comprised of strangers. The Kryptonite to Europeans foolish enough to play on an American server. I say the latter, because I swear the geographical distance of pings could have resulted in lag that as minute as they seem to be, may have been decisive enough to determine whether I survive an AoE attack, or be pelted to oblivion, thus invoking the absolute ire of my party members.

Here I was, always the first person to die over and over again (except at our last go, when one tank disconnected and the other healer decided to accidentally commit suicide by jumping off). What gets me every time? It's either the 5 plumes on the ground that for some reason are nigh-impossible for me to properly dodge, as if I was always a microsecond too late (which is why I wonder whether it's the unavoidable problem of ping and not my octogenarian reaction times), or the bomb rocks. Am I an inch too close to them? Boom. Raid might as well be over, because that same Scholar is dying, over and over again.

I didn't even dare entertain the idea of making the excuse to my party members that ping might be adversely affecting my ability to survive. But are they going to listen, when they're pissed off after the 5th vain attempt? Of course they're not, because they're already passive-aggressively blaming me at every turn. "THAT SAME HEALER", "Dodging is useful, didn't you know?" and "It would be marvelous if the healer survives, you know". Yes, thanks guys, real help. I'm aware that I might want to stay alive and what dodging means. I was trying.

In summation: fuck you, Titan. If that's not enough, the guy would gaol me the most out of anyone else.

We abandoned with 15 minutes to go on horrible terms.

I left for a year, returned a week ago. Since then, every CT run has just been plain horrible. What should be a 10-15 minute run by now (because I know damn well we had it down to 15 minutes before I left the game) has been taking 30-45 mins to clear. But there were 2 that stick out the most. On the first, there was one party that just sucked. We wiped three times to Atomos, then another three times to the demons pre-KB. On the second, last night in fact, we wiped to nearly everything beyond the first 2 rooms at least once, and the members of my party were doing nothing but screwing around. As party leader and tank, I was especially ashamed of their behavior.

I started this game roughly two weeks ago, had to do the shadow and claw guildhest, the tank didn't do their job well, ending up with letting the monsters attack the whole party at the same time, the DPSs were telling them to flash more but they didn't listen,

resulted in all of us dying and redoing again till we finally finished it, and then the tank ended up telling us to "uninstall the game you n00bs i'm not joking"

made me upset for a while thinking it was my fault because I was the healer, but then I remembered I've never had difficulties with any other parties as long as the tank did their job :'(

Got a join in-progress for the Dusk Vigil while levelling my Bard... which was probably a warning sign in itself!

Anyway they were only 10 minutes in and before the first boss so I assume the other dps just disconnected. We come up to a mob of three enemies and then I notice it. The healer wasn't... healing. Like at all. We got a protect on our second wipe to these three enemies but beyond that? Nothing!! I don't know. We must have wiped four or so times on this one bit. And no one was talking! Truly awful. We finally get past that bit but then the healer goes and agros a very large mob of enemies and plays chicken by running towards the starting area with all these guys chasing him. Eventually he starts blaming me in chat for not using Mage's Ballard... Even though he was a white mage and should have no problems with MP.

It was such a disaster, haha. Omg. I died on the inside.

Eventually he starts blaming me in chat for not using Mage's Ballard... Even though he was a white mage and should have no problems with MP.

The WHM was short on mana despite not actually healing? How do you manage that? :lew: I won't say a White Mage should have no problems with MP though, because if cooldowns such as Shroud of Saints and Assize aren't yet available and the player is burning vast chunks of mana away with DPSing, overhealing and/or constant Raise spells, a White Mage is among the first to be quickly out of mana and MP conservation becomes critical to balance. Was this person simply DPSing non-stop or something? xD

I don't play anymore, so I've no recent tales to tell. So instead, I'll list the few abridged stories of dungeon horrors I can recall:

- Keeper of the Lake. @Six (Monk) and @soulcorruptor (Summoner) were with me, and the latter needed the dungeon cleared to progress to Heavensward. I was in as the Scholar and Duty Finder gave us a Paladin. It was quickly apparent that something was horribly wrong when the mobs would suddenly decide that gnawing on both DPSs and the healer would be a more delicious meal than simply the tank. Yup. No use of Shield Oath at any particular moment. Heck, I don't even think he made any judicious use of Flash. He would lose enmity like a champion. We soldiered on, believing that it was still possible to clear the dungeon. Midgardsormr was the only gatekeeper left barring our safe passage out of this painful run. The Paladin haplessly decided to tank the dragons in the wrong positions, despite our frantic pleas in chat. Enmity bounced around and after a few wipes (he was still ignoring where we were telling him to tank each of the dragons), I bailed.

- World of Darkness. First boss fight. Four tries and somehow, somehow, we did worse with each attempt. There were no familiar faces joining me on this run; it was a 100% PUG raid. You guessed it. Enmity bounced around and you could almost hear the Benny Hill theme tormenting us in the background as Angra Mainyu would spin around, completely destroying all semblance of order in the arena, because all of a sudden, you could be standing in front of the boss's face, then unable to properly respond to the chaotic concurrent floor mechanics. Needless to say, people started dropping left, right and centre from virtually every possible enemy mechanic. And the best part? We had an ARCHER who willingly confessed to us on the 4th attempt that he was a troll. The reason why he hadn't equipped his Bard job stone was so that he could cross-class Provoke from Gladiator...

- Garuda HM. I know, I know. This is not a dungeon, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I was trying to farm easy player commendations for a mount (this was before I realised that I could easily just farm Guildhests instead, duh!), so I queued up for Garuda HM once more, believing that it would be 3 minutes of cake. What ensued is a classic example of blame being immediately shoveled onto the healers when the situation turns south. In the second phase of the fight, as Chirada and Suparna appeared, several DPS were dying in the tornadoes. Off-tank was not handling the Olsen Twins. Main tank was practically inhaling regular Slipstreams and Wicked Wheels to the face. White Mage and I were frantically trying to resurrect and throw AoE heals around to mitigate the situation and keep it under control. Our combination of Succors and Medica IIs only caused our enmity to shoot to the top of the list, so the Olsen Twins decided to take us down. What do people do? Blame the healers for sucking, naturally.

- The Vault. Aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhh. Because of my first (and only) experience with this place, I never set foot in The Vault ever again. I had one of those fabled tissue paper Dark Knights. It is noble that you wish to do plenty of DPS with that Greatsword, but not at the expense of your defence! I never had the breathing room to inspect the DRK's gear, and nor do I know anything about the job to ascertain whether he was using cooldowns or the appropriate stance (I wager he was not, judging by his HP's propensity to halve in a couple of seconds). I could BARELY keep him alive in simple mob pulls. Thank goodness our DPS was good enough to clear the mobs before my healing was unable to keep up, even with Eos. After a long trek and several more heart attacks, we reached the final boss. I can only remember the trouble we had with the chains. I would run to one side and the person I was chained to...would decide to run towards me as well. If I can astutely summarise what I had to put up with in this final boss fight, it can be summed up as: DPS getting eaten in the face, because they were not properly dodging AoEs for whatever reason.

The WHM was short on mana despite not actually healing? How do you manage that? :lew: I won't say a White Mage should have no problems with MP though, because if cooldowns such as Shroud of Saints and Assize aren't yet available and the player is burning vast chunks of mana away with DPSing, overhealing and/or constant Raise spells, a White Mage is among the first to be quickly out of mana and MP conservation becomes critical to balance. Was this person simply DPSing non-stop or something? xD
Well, you see... I have no idea :p I saw him casting a few stones (Like the first one. The level 1 ability...), but even still! It seemed like he was just watching us die. Hopeless I tell you!

You're right about White Mage and MP issues. I should have clarified a little more. I meant that in our situation he should have been fine, I think. I love the class (in fact it's the only one I've put the time in to get to 60) but I've been in so many situations where I've ran dry in the middle of an encounter because Mr. Rambo DPS refuses to get out of the way of AoEs. Your post about the Vault makes me recall things that I'd rather forget xD I hate that dungeon so much. UGH!

Why did you stop playing?

Yeah, like I said in the visitor message I sent earlier, real life happened, essentially. I enjoyed the time I spent with everyone and I would love to return sometime in the future if I can. You guys will have to bear with my catching up though. xD

From a Scholar perspective, the worst runs are usually ones that force you to blow off all your off-GCD abilities in literally seconds, putting you in a nail-biting position as you wait with bated breath for the cooldown to refresh. 3 stacks of Aetherflow that I would ordinarily use judiciously? Not if the tank's gear is made of paper and you simply cannot keep your eyes off his health bar for more than a few seconds. In an instant, that is 3 stacks of Lustrate pumped into this tank, as you desperately try to weave an Adlo and/or Eye for an Eye in there as well to keep them stable, while waiting for Aetherflow to recharge.

The DPS eating a tonne of avoidable damage in that second and last boss fight of The Vault just...ugh, the tank was bad enough. Now I had to keep an eye out for the other two as well, AND to make sure I obey the fight's irritating mechanics. Keeping the tank alive was the priority, so I had to mindfully save up the Aetherflow stacks primarily for him. It was the only time I had to use 2 macros I would ordinarily never use: Physick + Embrace; and Adloquium + Embrace. It was the only efficient way I could think of at the time to maximise burst healing (not really a SCH's speciality if using multiple Lustrates is out of the question) without destroying my MP. When even a Scholar is pushing for MP in any situation, you know it's painful.

Now I'm eager to see/hear more stories from other healers. More WHM and AST horror stories, please! :D

Aurum Vale. Enough said. It was a join in progress... and here is a clip of me failing at the very first pull. Really sets the tone for the rest of the dungeon >.>

In my defence, I don't think there was too much else I could have done. Probably went a bit crazy with the Cure II spam :wacky: but who thought standing in the middle was a good idea?! The rest of the dungeon got much worse. We wiped on the first boss maybe four times? On the third attempt I messed up trying to res a dps but the other times it was totally the tank just positioning everything in the worst spots ever. It just wasn't happening. So many wipes! Ugh. Don't even get me started on his reluctance to eat the fruits at the last boss. That dungeon is such a pain, even now. No wonder people leave.

Also I have to mention one more thing. If you do a pull like this in Fractal:

I hate you. At least give me warning! I was in total panic mode, haha. I managed to barely save it but it's just so awkward. That dungeon went horribly wrong too. Tank was biting far more off than we could chew. Bard said at the start that he was handicapped and couldn't play all that well and yet this guy is making ridiculous pulls that were taking a long time to kill. At the second boss he was releasing the enemies in the chambers before the dps were ready and we wiped there twice because of it. I don't know why everyone is in such a hurry to complete those things. Just makes more problems :oy:

Lmao, I haven't ever posted in this thread?

Well, I have quite a few bad dungeon experiences. Haha.

I. The Antitower: Okay, so this dungeon is incredibly easy and we should never ever wipe on it. Ohhhhh what's that? This black mage has a sephirot ex clear but is doing even lower dps than me? Is he trolling? Every single fight..... he never EVER used Enochian to get fire IV and blizzard IV. He never used sharpcast or any good skills. I began to think he was trolling so I wrote "Trolololol" in the chat, No response. All he does is FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, runs out of mp, thunder, blizzard? (lol) Oh my god, it was hilarious. My other dungeon randoms were saying, "You know.... Ellia is the only one dishing out major damage here, dude and you have a seph ex weapon" No response from the guy yet. We keep moving on in the dungeon. First boss takes an absolute age, second boss we wipe twice followed by speechless dots in the chatbox. I decided to play it nice and say "Sir, you can use enochian to get fire IV and blizzard IV open, y'know" "Whatever you are doing right now, trolling or being an ass, is just slowing us down" NO RESPONSE. He keeps ignoring the others and me. SO EVENTUALLY, on the last hallway before the final boss, tank was wiping on purpose. The other healer stopped healing the black mage and..... a miracle happened. He used flare, and then fire IV. We finally killed the last boss and I asked him if he bought the seph ex clear. His character just crossed his arms and never responded, but he then used the disappointment emote. I then left this shitshow and guessed that he bought it. The dungeon finished at 30 mins or so. A normal run of Antitower is 30 mins. :brooding:

II. Void ark: Hahahaha, I matched up with a bunch of people without their soulstones. Among them were shitless Roes. So much profanity in this raid until everyone quit by the 2nd boss. We had an archer, conjurer, rogue, marauder, etc you get the point. For those that don't know, using a job without a soulstone is terrible. You lose half your abilities, lose passives, stats, etc. These guys were obvious trolls. There was all this bullshit about "I can play how I want, don't tell me what the fuck to do" etc. It was such a clusterfuck of a raid. People were insulting eachother left and right. It was pure stupidity.

III. Vault: I was on my Machinist leveling it up a while ago. There was this very hard arse of a tank that kept writing aoe attack in chat. I started using aoes and he was still a jackass. He said stuff like do more damage. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN, he tells me to limit break a little pack of trash. I asked him what to lb and he writes "Vault deacon" in chat. Okay, why would I do that, I asked? I do it for a joke, tank dies and he rage quits. Lol.

IV. A hard roulette a few days ago. LOL. It was stone vigil hard mode. Tank is a low level tank clearly..... we get to the first boss and he misses adds, I had aggro on me and we died. I then wrote in chat "I can tank it with my blm if you want" Another ninja in the chat was like "Ellia had aggro, you retard!" The tank was getting so pissed off. "Just fucking boot me he says" I say nah, I'll give you another chance man. Ninja rage quits and says "Fuck this I have better things to do than carry this shitty tank" We wait for another dps to join and tank still refuses to pull the first boss. I eagerly await the pull that never happens and the tank says "Fuck you guys and your negativity. I'm fucking done please boot me" We don't boot him and eventually he says oh fuck I'm taking the penalty, lol. Oh god, it was hilarious.

V. Quarn HM. This tank wanted a speed run. When I was rezzing someone that died on the first boss he told me to stop rezzing the guy. Sheesh, what's your problem, arsehole? I do what he says and then on the second part of the dungeon where you can speed run past the monsters, the blm grabbed agrro. The tank in chat writes" SHAKE MY FUCKING HEAD" I then let him die and he quit. Jesus, it would be nice if you weren't rude to me at first. I don't know why he was speed running it when he already has his 230 anima.

More later as I think about them.

Logged in again and joined a Seph ex clear party tonight as WHM. We get to the second set of earthshakers so I run to the right as usual. However one of the DPS stood right in the middle and clipped the full party, killing four people including the SCH and SMN. So with half the party dead, I was looking at trying to res four people, dealing with da'ats, tank towers and the AoE damage followed by the stack and wind phase.

Thinking it was the best thing to do, I decided to healer LB3. Actually worked out. Everyone was up, SCH had full MP and we were ready for the wind phase. However we couldn't burn down the wind add fast enough and wiped soon after. Have a feeling that some of the DPS weren't targeting the wind. But hey. It was a solid attempt.

ANYWAY. The thing that makes this one of my worst experiences in a dungeon, is that the MCH in the party starts berating me for using healer LB3. Like goes on and on about how we didn't have the DPS to kill the wind and that I wiped us because we didn't have LB left. He honestly expected me to hard raise four people in the time it takes to go from earthshakers to the stack. All while doing mechanics myself and healing everyone.

It wasn't even just a throwaway comment about how I shouldn't have used healer LB3. It was 10 minutes of constant abuse for wiping everyone. He even conceded at one point that with three DPS dead to earthshakers it was gonna be a wipe anyway, but then of course blamed me for "prolonging the fight". Then he gives me all these 'steps' about what he would have done in the situation to make us clear, were he healing.

seh6p.gif

I just left the party and blacklisted him. Apparently he was booted after but eeeh. Not gonna lie, it has completely turned me off joining Seph parties without people I know there with me. Even if my healer LB3 was the wrong decision, why would you act like that towards someone trying to help. Hmph.

My worst dungeon experience, hands-down, was my first attempt at the Praetorium. I was just a simple novice player wanting to savor the ride and enjoy the dungeon- only to end up on a party full of speedrunners who quite literally ditched me on each and every elevator. Every subsequent playthrough of that dungeon has been the same. Even worse, even though I did get to participate in the final battle, the other tank was using equipment from way at the end of Stormblood, so they got all the aggro and I didn't even get to do anything.

Funnily enough I had a player patient enough to try and wait for me while everyone else powered on ahead when I first entered the Praetorium. He didn't need to, because I was just a Summoner at the time and likely didn't even fully know how to properly play the game yet. I think he must have regretted that decision to wait for me, because as I headed down an elevator halfway through the dungeon, I tunnel-visioned, failed to spot a whole gathering of mobs nearby, attracted their aggro and we were both annihilated while trying to run away.

When I did finally make it to the Ultima Weapon fight, newbie Linnaete was constantly wrecked by the straight line lasers emitting from the ads. I decided to whip out Titan-egi for no real reason and I could almost sense the venom coming from everyone else. Go me. :^)

My worst dungeon experiences were back in ARR when the WoD and Syrcus Tower were relevant. World of Darkness runs were always terrible and I hated that place because of it. Between Angra Mainyu and the final boss, idk which was worse. On Angra it seemed like people never ever knew the mechanics for the different colored water. Every damn time I ran that place it was guaranteed wipe atleast once. And on CoD people never took care of the clouds. They just kept letting her get buffs. So we'd wipe.
Fuck that place. Hated running it.

Back