Worst Dungeon Experiences

Short and sweet, we had a healer that said run to the end and I was tanking on my Paladin via Heavensward Sohm Al (Hard). Instead of letting everyone get settled, he buffed and ran ahead right out of the entrance. As I started pulling off of him and also running forward ahead of him with sprint I stopped for literally 10 seconds for my PT members to catch up. Instead of healing me, he ran ahead even further.

This was thankfully a Pug mind you, and I had one additional RL friend with me. I was able to tank and get to the next group. At this point, I had literally blown through all CDs. I was self healing even at this point, and then all of the sudden I dropped. I basically did the whole "..." then asked what happened. His first thing said "you need to keep up, even if it means letting your PT die from lagging behind." His second retort was that I should save my cool downs for the end. While I would have agreed with him, we had a ninja and a Monk. Our AoE was very very poor and by the time we dropped even 3 mobs, I was in the red twice due to 5 other mobs. His was OOM quickly and I was sitting there livid for the sheer fact this was only a Pug.

I ended up going off on him and as did the other members, and he left. Though not immediately, we let him run forward again, alone this time. He of course died and this was the point he left. We got another member, and we ran it smoothly without any casualities going forward. Safe to say, we believe he played WoW, like the WOTLK DK Tanking style.

cant say i have had too many bad experiences in this game but i am gonna boil that down mostly to the fact that i have primarily played tank for the last two expansions.

but there was this one time when a tank left the group because i was doing damage as the healer. so we just did the dungeon without a tank up to last boss and because demand was so low at the time i was able to leave incomplete group with no penalty and pop right back in to tank it for them.

Back