Error Code 11021

Aislinn

Gil
Hi all,

I have decided to start playing FFIV again and went to install it. It appeared to install with no problem; however, when trying to start the program, I received the error:

11021 Unable to access server to version check. Please check your server settings. 3:20455, 10009, 10020.

Please note I have not played in a while and the installation CD I used is one from 2010. I have checked different sites for help and have tried the usual suggestions:

I have Windows XP. I have disabled my firewall. I have run the program as Administrator. All to no avail.

Please help. I'd love to start playing again.

Thanks,
Aislinn

If the version you have is still the original version of FFXIV as it was when it was released (since you mention 2010, I imagine this is the case), then I'm not sure if it would work again at all.

Since the game was redesigned and relaunched as FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, the original FFXIV was essentially closed down.

Unfortunately that probably means that you'll need to purchase A Realm Reborn to be able to play again. :sad2: I think your character might still be able to be transferred, but that is all.

Realm Reborn is a much better game though, most people agree. I didn't play the original version, but this version is smooth and a lot of fun.

If the version you have is still the original version of FFXIV as it was when it was released (since you mention 2010, I imagine this is the case), then I'm not sure if it would work again at all.

Since the game was redesigned and relaunched as FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, the original FFXIV was essentially closed down.

Unfortunately that probably means that you'll need to purchase A Realm Reborn to be able to play again. :sad2: I think your character might still be able to be transferred, but that is all.

Realm Reborn is a much better game though, most people agree. I didn't play the original version, but this version is smooth and a lot of fun.

Thank you for your reply. I had a feeling that is what I was going to have to do. I will get the new version but I'm wondering...since the error was essentially a DNS error...will that still pose a problem despite the version change??

Back