Feedback New Forum Icons

Lets not be a troll and put words in other people's mouths. You highlighted what you chose to highlight. You know "nothing" of the situation. and i'll ask you again: DO NOT i repeat for the third time DO NOT put words in my mouth.

I asked for FF1-6 16bit-8bit classic styled Crystals. i clarified very well. And for a second time it was taken with high hope. It was never implemented yet the discussion moved on as if everything is set in stone. So i questioned about it and then it was clarified. Rather than clarifying that it can't be done "before" i even asked. I was told that they couldn't find any. So when i do search for some, its already said that its too late, and want to move forward with the current one (for less then impressive reasons).

What if i'd i never said anything? I would've still believed my idea was going to be implemented (when it really wasn't). IF i was told sooner, i could've found the crystal icons much sooner, and would've helped moved on.

Apologies were said for a reason. i rather you NOT speak for anyone else. this was something between me and Pockets. you know nothing of the situation.

I thought we were done discussing? No one put words in your mouth. I kindly ask you to, along with myself and others, stop derailing this thread.

If you have further issues, please feel free to PM another member of staff, considering you think I put words in your mouth.

i still 100% ask for classic 16-bit or 8bit style icons, they do not have to be crystals. HOWEVER, if you're looking for a specific one, let me know and i'll find it, or better yet. create it.

OR put them in-shop.

As someone that has spent the last ~4 years of his life doing nothing but deal with customer requests, I feel qualified to weigh in on this situation.

The amount of things wrong with this situation really boggles my mind, but I'll attempt to go through them in a concise manner.

I asked for FF1-6 16bit-8bit classic styled Crystals. i clarified very well. And for a second time it was taken with high hope. It was never implemented yet the discussion moved on as if everything is set in stone. So i questioned about it and then it was clarified. Rather than clarifying that it can't be done "before" i even asked. I was told that they couldn't find any. So when i do search for some, its already said that its too late, and want to move forward with the current one (for less then impressive reasons).
Can you please show me where exactly it's written that your suggestion has to be followed to the letter?

If it's unclear to you, let me point out the keyword: SUGGESTION

You posted a suggestion. A request. Not an order. You do not have the power to command Mitsuki or Six to use the icon style you suggested, nor the icons you sourced at a later date.

This is a direct quote of your post:
I'm looking at them now...they don't look 8-bit or 16-bit....i'm specifically asking for those kind. not the ones from FF1 remastered into a new design,literally, the older design.
"I'm specifically asking for those kind."

Secondly, in no way, shape or form is Mitsuki, Six or indeed anyone even remotely graphically inclined required to inform you of a single goddamned thing. The people responsible for deciding upon a design for the forum icons is under no obligation to tell you, or the forum at large, anything about the specifics of the design they intend to use. They posted the Moogle icons ahead of time as a courtesy to the users.

I cannot be more clear: You have absolutely no right whatsoever to be speaking to Six and Mitsuki in the manner you are currently speaking to them.

The decision to implement your suggestion/request either wholly, in part or in no way at all, is entirely up to them. You have absolutely no say in the matter.

If they wanted the process of creating the icons to move ahead, and they wanted to go with another design, that is 100% up to them.

What if i'd i never said anything? I would've still believed my idea was going to be implemented (when it really wasn't). IF i was told sooner, i could've found the crystal icons much sooner, and would've helped moved on.
This somehow makes you entitled to be a part of the design process?

Let me save you the time and answer the question for you: No, it doesn't.

I'll repeat: Mitsuki and Six are under no obligation whatsoever to inform you of changes to the design based on your suggestion or the research done after reading your suggestion.

Unfortunately, if i'm not informed, its a deception. and theres no courtesy there.
This is the most entitled and disrespectful statement I've seen in recent times. I can't even begin to fathom what was going on in your head when you decided to put those words together in that order.

With the blood-boiling statements addressed, let me approach this in a different way: I do understand that you feel frustrated that your suggestion was passed over for - what seems to you - like a silly reason (not being able to find adequate source images).

Please also understand that the way you have responded to this thread has caused you to lose any shred of respect you ever had in the eyes of anyone reading this thread. The way you have responded is pretty much the text book definition of the wrong way of approaching a situation where you feel like your voice has been taken away.

Mitsuki and Six will both testify that I am the first to call them out when they - in my opinion - mis-handle a situation. If you had approached this topic like an adult, and not a screaming, spoiled child, then I might have taken your side and pushed for the design to be revised. As a result of your poor judgement and attitude, no sensible individual would ever take your side in this situation.

Please, stop making the situation worse for yourself. You have thoroughly shafted yourself to the point where no staff member that remembers this situation will ever take you seriously again. It will be a hell of a lot easier to simply tell you "no" in the future rather than try to work with you.

As someone that has spent the last ~4 years of his life doing nothing but deal with customer requests, I feel qualified to weigh in on this situation.
4 years taking peoples requests? I'm not stupid. so don't think thats going to weight in. 4 years taking customer request is saying 4 years working at a cashier, 4 years working at an information desk. etc. For the record, i also have around the same amount of yeas dealing with customers. And i have quit, not because i couldn't take any more requests, but the technicalities that these people fall in are farrr too easy to blame on them rather than making it clearer.

The amount of things wrong with this situation really boggles my mind, but I'll attempt to go through them in a concise manner.
Boggles your mind? another person using such specific wording? I'm starting to think you have an alt.

Can you please show me where exactly it's written that your suggestion has to be followed to the letter?
In order to still say "we're taking your suggestion", it was said the moment Mitsuki responded the second time.

You posted a suggestion. A request. Not an order. You do not have the power to command Mitsuki or Six to use the icon style you suggested, nor the icons you sourced at a later date.

This is a direct quote of your post:
"I'm specifically asking for those kind."
and Mitsuki, again reiterated. so rather than trying to single out my comment, see the response. I've made several suggestions in the past. they get rejected all the time, and i'm never "ordering" them to do it. but its a completely different situation when someone claims their taking your suggestion.

Secondly, in no way, shape or form is Mitsuki, Six or indeed anyone even remotely graphically inclined required to inform you of a single goddamned thing.
Authoritarian talk wont get you anywhere with me. So whether they did, or they didn't. i could care less. in fact i dont care about it anymore. the problem is you're trying to wrestle with my opinion on the situation. and thats up to me to feel, and i could care less what you think about it. I'm not "ordering" anyone to do anything.

The people responsible for deciding upon a design for the forum icons is under no obligation to tell you, or the forum at large, anything about the specifics of the design they intend to use. They posted the Moogle icons ahead of time as a courtesy to the users.

Last i remember, when we were suggesting others, we were informed to stick to only the ones were available. So not the best example.

I cannot be more clear: You have absolutely no right whatsoever to be speaking to Six and Mitsuki in the manner you are currently speaking to them.
Mitsuki, i have not said a thing directly. In fact, i was intending to just drop it. But unfortunately, a couple of other editors came in. Pockets for starting issues (similar like you). and Six for not knowing of the situation. Mitsuki isn't involved, a definitive answer was given (finally) and from there we could move on.

The decision to implement your suggestion/request either wholly, in part or in no way at all, is entirely up to them. You have absolutely no say in the matter.

If they wanted the process of creating the icons to move ahead, and they wanted to go with another design, that is 100% up to them.
Its not partial. that's the point. and quite frankly, i still find it more and more deceitful the more i think about it. This isn't about whether the decision wasn't upto them or upto me. I know it was up to them. You think this is about me getting what i want, but the problem is why even say you're going to take an idea...and suddenly not do it? (Yes act like it is being implemented).

I clarified about "twice". I was given different answers by Mitsuki. the final one was the definitive one, but thats where the feeling of "deceite" comes in. it has nothing to do with how i'm talking to. It is what it is.

This somehow makes you entitled to be a part of the design process?
If they wanted to take in my suggestion (which mitsuki reiterated twice that it was going to be used) and technical problems occured. (the first reason was that they could not find them). I could help them find what they wanted to look (which indeed was what was asked from me from another member). If there's a disagreement of the usage, that is fine. But the problem was that i believed we were in agreement, but there was more to it than actually finding the icons.

If i had any part in "helping", all i had to do is find the icons or create them myself by port scanning the images through the games. I wont "literally" create it myself for them to use, but find the references. And it has nothing to do with entitlement to do so.

I'll repeat: Mitsuki and Six are under no obligation whatsoever to inform you of changes to the design based on your suggestion or the research done after reading your suggestion.
From a tech admin like yourself, its easy to say that....However, my suggestion...is still "my" suggestion. childish to highlight the word of ownership? It only seems childish when its not happening to you. When someone claims their taking your idea, but they really not. You can feel however you feel like.

This is the most entitled and disrespectful statement I've seen in recent times. I can't even begin to fathom what was going on in your head when you decided to put those words together in that order.
I'm entitled to my opinion. I felt deceived, and this whole comment of yours lacks "courtesy" too. You're not scaring just for having an opinion. You may sound angry, but i know its a tactic.

With the blood-boiling statements addressed, let me approach this in a different way: I do understand that you feel frustrated that your suggestion was passed over for - what seems to you - like a silly reason (not being able to find adequate source images).

Please also understand that the way you have responded to this thread has caused you to lose any shred of respect you ever had in the eyes of anyone reading this thread. The way you have responded is pretty much the text book definition of the wrong way of approaching a situation where you feel like your voice has been taken away.
This is your alternate way of approaching the situation? Don't speak for anyone else but yourself. It shows immaturity on your part to say that i lost shred of respect from everyone else. I meant what i said, and i could care less what you think about me. However, its "IDIOTIC" to even try to make a point by including everyone as part of it.

Regardless if that is true or not, technically, the term "text book definition" is more in terms of literally being wrong.

Mitsuki and Six will both testify that I am the first to call them out when they - in my opinion - mis-handle a situation. If you had approached this topic like an adult, and not a screaming, spoiled child, then I might have taken your side and pushed for the design to be revised. As a result of your poor judgement and attitude, no sensible individual would ever take your side in this situation.
Ha! Screaming? The only thing got me even more upset was when "Six" chose to put words in my mouth. That was the only thing that i can see what was considered screaming. and if i did the same to you...i can imagine you doing the same...

And honestly, you have nothing to prove here. Calling names, and more? My "side" of the situation is just my opinion. No one has to agree with it, and i'm not inforcing anyone to. Unfortunately, you all think this is still about the icons. and its not...you're hiding behind that idea when its really just how i feel about the situation. and to that i say: DROP IT. you're not going to change my mind now, and this situation isn't even helping your side either. its just says "I'm the big guy from upstairs and i thought i'd devalue this member by ridiculing her comment"

Please, stop making the situation worse for yourself. You have thoroughly shafted yourself to the point where no staff member that remembers this situation will ever take you seriously again. It will be a hell of a lot easier to simply tell you "no" in the future rather than try to work with you.
Thats the beauty of it all. Its a yes or no deal.....my suggestion was to use 16-bit or 8-bit classical designed icons. they don't have to say "yes", they have all the time to say "no". and if they find problems (which are solvable) after said "yes" they can at least inform of such problem.

I never said it was required, how ever i did say it was courtesy to do so. And i thought it was deceitful to say when Mitsuki was to take my idea (twice) and then "not".

I believe it is 100% "Considerate" to inform (not by PM or anything of that nature, but just in a post) that it couldn't be done. and who knows, we could've avoided this. BUT KEEP IN MIND, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MITSUKI (at least not anymore). Pocket and Six spear heading the conversation to which i defended my opinion. This is no longer about the icons. i'm almost inclined to believe that Pocket is an alt of yours. And i have every reason to believe that as you're saying literally the same things.

This problem isn't a problem until you made it one. I was 100% ready to move on after Mitsuki's response. This isn't an issue because i didn't drop it, this is an issue because you all want to make it happen.

That's enough, people. Razberry, I can assure you that they are not alternate accounts, as I know one of them personally. I've gone ahead and sent you a PM. Feel free to respond to it that way, but this thread has been derailed.

Back on topic or I will ask an admin to close this thread.

Thank you.

I preffered the tonberries to the Moogles. Is there a way to change it back?
Unfortunately icons are set in the style so there's no way to revert them for individual members. We'd have to create new sub-styles for each icon set, which can quickly get out of hand as you might imagine :p

Get to it then, Belz, 'cause I too, preferred the Moogles.

It is all about the chocobos really. God, reading this thread was absolutely hilarious.

i thought razberry was taking the piss. mountain out of a molehill

anyway i think we should use chocobos or materia, i never really liked the tonberries. the moogles are ok but nothings better as a mascot than the chocobo

mascot: :smiff:

it's damn timeeeeeeeeeee

how about crystals for the forum icons. not specifically ff7, but maybe the classic ones

The Btech blue currently has crytals, but we're still working on them, I've been busy so I couldn't get to it right away. The Seamus one Mits is working on (perhaps already done) as it have the moogles.

what about this bitch
Green%20Cactuar.png

what role will he have? he's been in the ff games longest he should be apart of the forums!

Those are mascots. :lew: Just like the tonberries, and chocobos you could purchase in the vBShop (now MogShop).

yeah, but i mean can we make him replace the moogles? :hmmm:

As I've explained earlier in the thread, it's not possible to have separate forum icons on a per-user basis, at this time. It doesn't change whether it's the first or the eleventyfirst person that asks.

The moogles have only been here for a month. So we will be sticking with them for at least a while longer. Tonberries were around for a while, so changing then to cactuars already would be pointless, Stray Arrows. It's definitely something to keep in mind if we decide to change in a fair while perhaps.

Back