Feedback New Forum Icons

Perhaps you could link them to the particular type of renders you want Razberry Knight ?

I'm sure that could help immensely.

I'm digging the new icons...and also don't see the need to add lower res moogles.

You mean lower resolution crystals?

Like Mitsuki said, we've already started on the crystals, and they're still the semi old style that FF used to use, so it's as close as we could've gotten with a good quality image. It's not just about picking an image, it has to have a certain quality standard as well, can't use something choppy for a big forum.

I don't care too much for Moogles, for example, yet I'm using SeamusBlack. :D

What the hell ever -__- Moogles, crystals, same thing, I don't see the reason to add low-res images to the forum. Even with nostalgia, I think it's a bad idea.

As we've already stated, we've already started working on the other crystals, which is preferable anyway since it's easier to design/customize than the others. :) But thank you for your suggestions.

Anyway, the rest of the bTech skins will be updated, albeit slowly since we've got a few things going on all at once these next few weeks. But we'll definitely get them done.

I feel next itme i should be informed when a suggestion is "truly" taken. you said it was considered, and when you say you couldn't, and i provided, it was ignored.

I don't think it was ignored. :hmmm: You suggested crystals awhile back, and that was considered since it was met with positive response. You specifically said you'd also like older crystals, which is what we searched for as well. However, as I stated, we couldn't find anything good that we can work with. There was no precut 8-bit or 16-bit crystals, and we wanted to work with something that's already been cut-out for us to begin with. The current ones we have now were the closest thing we can find - already rendered (and older design, except better quality) so we were able to work with it right away.

Sorry if this upsets you, but that was not intended.

@Razberry Knight

Since I believe Mits is too good of a person to say so:

No, you shouldn't be informed next time it's "truly" taken. It's a courtesy to hear you out, not an obligation. Same goes for implementing your ideas. Grow up.

Personal opinion:

The pixelated style is far cry from the cleaner chic look they seem to be going for anyways, and would look like shit. Maybe next time, at least contribute some of the actual time (or realize it is for reasons beyond appeasing you) before complaining like you are owed anything.

@Razberry Knight

Since I believe Mits is too good of a person to say so:

No, you shouldn't be informed next time it's "truly" taken. It's a courtesy to hear you out, not an obligation. Same goes for implementing your ideas. Grow up.
Unfortunately, if i'm not informed, its a deception. and theres no courtesy there.

Personal opinion:

The pixelated style is far cry from the cleaner chic look they seem to be going for anyways, and would look like shit. Maybe next time, at least contribute some of the actual time (or realize it is for reasons beyond appeasing you) before complaining like you are owed anything.
"pixelated"? Dissidia uses 16-bit and 8-bit icons. no one complains to those, inf act they are in awe when their seen because it goes back to the roots.

Unfortunately, if i'm not informed, its a deception. and theres no courtesy there.

"pixelated"? Dissidia uses 16-bit and 8-bit icons. no one complains to those, inf act they are in awe when their seen because it goes back to the roots.

I....I don't have the ability to concisely explain to you how absolutely ludicrous this statement is, let alone the first one. That being said, I'll let you continue merrily inside of your little bubble. Please, disregard anything I've said to you and carry on with your complaints about the icons....or something.

I....I don't have the ability to concisely explain to you how absolutely ludicrous this statement is, let alone the first one. That being said, I'll let you continue merrily inside of your little bubble. Please, disregard anything I've said to you and carry on with your complaints about the icons....or something.
Its not ludicrous. the comment was more in terms of accepting actually using them. i had to clarify twice that i was referring to 8-bit art. and was suggested that they will use it. So....again....deception.

I will not disregard insults....you said it.

Let me clear a few things up for those of you that are not yet aware; Final Fantasy Forums is a community. We strive to make as many people happy as possible due to that fact. For some it may be hard to understand that we simply just cannot go to one single individual ask what they, and they only would prefer to see, and make that happen. As much as I would love to be able to make this community something that every single individual is a 100% content with, it's not realistic in even the slightest way of looking at it.

Razberry, you were not deceived. No one came up to you and said we would specifically go with your idea, and your idea only. Mitsuki has already apologized for this upsetting you, at least accept the apology and move on after you have read this explanation. Forum icons are really not that important to get this worked up over. I know for a fact we don't say we will go with one specific idea, because all of us on Staff know we could never stick to a promise like that, let alone make one.

There is absolutely no need to pick apart the attempts of anyone who tries to contribute to this community in any way, shape or form. So please let this be the end of this rather pointless discussion. We are sticking with the crystals we have picked out due to it receiving a good reaction from the majority of our members, so it's the most logical one to go with. We do work hard as a team to please as many, if not all.

Long story short, we are sticking with the crystals that got the most positive reaction, and that weren't complete hell for us to work with. I think it's safe to say the discussion ends there.

Let this be a friendly reminder to not turn this thread into something it's not and let the negativity stop here, please. If you still want to give us your thoughts, PM someone on staff.

Thank you.

Apology was accepted a while back...however, i dont appreciate "pockets" comment. So i clarified. and yes, that was exactly what was said. because i specified and it was agreed twice. deception is involved. otherwise, why was apologizing even remotely necessary?

This isn't about whether i'm angry at the situation. ii'm just explaining it further.

If you can pin-point to me where in this thread your specific bit crystals were agreed to, let me know, because as it stands what we agreed to were crystals, and that was specifically stated.

Page 4 shows that we were open to the idea, searched for good quality crystals, and stuck with the one from FF1. If you misinterpret that, that's not our fault. Mitsuki made very clear we were sticking with this design:
forum_new-48.png

Razberry said:
Is there any classic crystal design?

Mitsuki said:
FFI, yeah. Six is working on it still, but for now I think we will be sticking to bTech blue since the other bTech themes would need different colored crystals, and that's a bit of work.

Razberry said:
i mean, not dissida-style. but actually 16-bit or 8-bit (just to clarify).

Mitsuki said:
I think the first crystal we used (diamond-shaped one) was Dissidia style, but the new crystal we're using now is from FFI. Pretty sure that's what it said, anyway.

Six said:
We're currently still working to clean up both Seamus and the BTech blue, those will currently take priority.

I'm pretty certain for the Btech we're going to be sticking with crystals and colour match them with their own colour palettes.

Razberry said:
I'm looking at them now...they don't look 8-bit or 16-bit....i'm specifically asking for those kind. not the ones from FF1 remastered into a new design,literally, the older design.

Mitsuki said:
I searched for 8-bit or 16-bit crystals before settling with the crystals that we have now but couldn't find a render to work with. Since we have to add extra icons to it, it has to be big enough to start with (easier to design that way) and then resize afterwards. So since we've already started on the crystals we have now, it'll be best to continue that.

Now if you don't mind with page 4 being quoted and proven to you that nowhere we said yes to going for a different design, I hope it clears some things up for you.

Clarification was done "after" i questioned. look, you're not going anywhere at this point. i "was" right about it. But someone else came in believing they knew, and you are focusing on the wrong aspect. what i said is still factual. So i suggest you drop it. I responded to pockets for his ignorance, not to prolong the discussion.

I'm glad you finally understand you were not deceived then, like you claimed to be on page 4.

I am also glad you finally accept my friendly reminder a few posts ago to drop this irrelevant discussion.

So thank you for your cooperation.

Back