Andre the Adamantoise
Andre the Adamantoise
Zell
FFXIV
Ilyena Frost
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up, the forum will be receiving an upgrade soon to 4.2. The bTech skins have already been renewed so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues there. During the upgrade, there may be some lag and/or the forum may be unavailable. Once the upgrade is complete, if you experience any issues or errors, please let us know.

Thanks!

I noticed a few changes but they are mostly small interface changes. There is also an activity feed on our profiles now so I guess that is cool to see who is posting to what.

Oh and some notification changes as well. I like it overall and I hope it helps.

While the Activity Stream is a nice addition (you can also find this under What's New), I think it's a bit odd to have all the members' activity on profile pages. There is a way to remove the 'My Activity' tab on the profiles, which requires the removal of code in MEMBERINFO template and adding a plugin, etc. Or we can leave it, and change it so that the default is back to the Visitor Messages (preferably). I'll ask Fil to set this up for us soon.

We'll have to reconfigure the skins as well (text color, sig space, etc), so please bear with us. If you guys can point out some of the things we have to edit, that would be helpful. I won't be able to work on the skins until next week due to family visits, but I'll try to help work out the little kinks here and there throughout the week when I have some time.

So far, we've addressed the navbar issues. Links have been moved around, etc. Nothing major, but this should help with those who have lower resolutions.

Thank you, the navigation bar looks much better now. Nice and clean :)

However, I am getting some separation issues.

screenie.png

Looks like the background on "a.navtab" needs to be set to "no-repeat" and "min-width"/"max-width" scaled down a bit. Like so:

cssscreenie.png

May need a more advanced solution to make it work on all screen resolutions, but that did it for me.

Part of the problem with that too - I need to replace the those file images, as we had created new ones for it and adjusted the settings afterwards. After the upgrade, looks like many things reverted back to default settings, so it'll be a pain to get every single skin back to user preference. (I don't even remember half of the settings changed).

But thanks for pointing that out, Luke. :)

Last edited:
I just noticed that the rep power section is showing up twice on the left side of posts. It looks messy and there is even a random space.

Edit: Mitsuki I see what you mean. It is showing literally everything going on including who posted a visitor message to who. Not needed, imo.

Just making a note:

1. The post and signature spacing is really wide. Needs fixing like last time.
2. Usertitles cannot be customized.
3. Pre-set post fonts and colours cannot be customized either.
4. SeamusPurple doesn't have the banner rotation and is still set on the default.

Last edited:
Fil fixed the issues above, except for the banner for purple. We'll get that sorted soon.

Added the Top 50 Stats under Forum Stats in the sub navbar, so we can take out the link in the SB notice. Who's Online list is back up as well.

Question, is there a way to just get rid of that "activity" bar in the profile screen? It's really not needed in my opinion...

I too would like this. Or maybe a way to order the tabs around? I'd like to see my visitor messages first. =]

Question, is there a way to just get rid of that "activity" bar in the profile screen? It's really not needed in my opinion...

I too would like this. Or maybe a way to order the tabs around? I'd like to see my visitor messages first. =]

I feel like those were already discussed earlier in this thread?

Anyway, it would take a bit of template editing and messing with plugins. Nothing major, though. There's no "simple" option, regardless.

Anyway, it would take a bit of template editing and messing with plugins. Nothing major, though. There's no "simple" option, regardless.
It's either or, not both :)

member_complete plugin:
PHP:
if ($blocks['visitor_messaging'])
{
	$selected_tab = !$selected_tab ? 'visitor_messaging' : $selected_tab;
}
sorts it out with no template edits.

Point being, as I said, not a completely "simple" way of doing it without messing with some internal things.
While I agree that there should be an option, I'd say (what could be compressed into) a single line of code constitutes as "simple" ;)

I only posted because you came off as someone who knows a little something about vBulletin, and I thought the code snippet might help you out if you wanted to avoid template edits.

Had to change the navbar slightly again. Just realized that the Gallery is its own system, not actually built in the Navigation Manager that came with vB 4.2. Thought I was able to find a way around it, but I guess not. Enabled it again, but it wants a spot on the main navbar. Can't do it as sub. I'm assuming there's still space for those with low resolution?

I'll start working on skins in a few days.

On Btech there's one more spot, and on Seamus there's half a bar left when it comes to the navigation bar on 1366x768 screen resolutions.

Back