[19/06] More Final Fantasy XIII

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
Now before all the haters come in and try to burn Square-Enix down, relax a little.

Final Fantasy XIII-Reminiscence as it being called, will be a 3 part mini novella that takes place after Lightning Returns.

The story revolves around a reporter who talks to people from the game who still have a bond from the old world.

The novella will be featured in the Japanese magazine, Famitsu the next few weeks.

Source: Kotaku

For me I don't see it as a bother and they can make as many Novella's as they want its no issue for me. Obviously some people will be like 'Oh god more?!' but as you've rightfully put it is just books and not a game. So everyone take a chill pill :)

Spoilers ahead.

Is this taking place in the France like area in the secret ending of the game? How will that exactly work if Lightning still has yet to meet her friends? The only reporter I can think of is that one person from that one sidequest. I think Armand was his name.

Spoilers ahead.

Is this taking place in the France like area in the secret ending of the game? How will that exactly work if Lightning still has yet to meet her friends? The only reporter I can think of is that one person from that one sidequest. I think Armand was his name.

From what I gathered this reporter has no name (or the translation of the first part that I got isn't complete.) Could be a whole new character just to add the narration to this thing.

i honestly don't care.....so long as they don't use this to give us another fricken 13 game.

I thought this whole time this was a joke thread making fun of the whole "misleading titles" non-issue, but it's actually a thing?

The epilogue, titled Final Fantasy XIII Reminiscence – tracer of memories – is written by veteran video game scenario writer Daisuke Watanabe, a man who has headed the writing for multiple Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.

So it's going to be fucking shit. Surprise.

Since you were asked to change the name, i don't think anyone will be making those kind of jokes within a title anymore. its not that funny, and too misleading. i'm glad this title is still 100% true. At least its not saying

Title:
Another Final Fantasy XIII game....
thread:
...Novel...Another Final Fantasy XIII game novel.

With that said, i still could care less about a novel over 13, but it gets me worried that they'll somehow spin out a new game that technically isn't FF13, but it sets in the world of ff13. which is going to be stupid because it sets in the real world.

Daisuke Watanabe isn't a completely bad writer, but its not like he's well known for anything in particular. I did notice in Kingdom Hearts, that someone named Jun Akiyama was one of the scenario writers. Now i've played games with Jazushige nojima, and i've played games with Daisuke Watanabe's work before. i honestly don't get a strong sense of unique-ness coming from them. but with the games Jun Akiyama has played, it shows a great contrast.

But either way, Daisuke Watanabe isn't a bad writer, but he's not the best either.

Back