Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Jump magazine just came out with this one, with what appears to be a 4-player multiplayer action RPG for the 3DS. People already familiar with the Crystal Chronicles subseries may know what to expect with this new spinoff installment.

The magazine gives little more info, except for the fact that as a group, you're after the crystal, and there will be a wealth of jobs available. Black mage, white mage, monk and knight are among those shown in the scan.

cl1kwJ6.jpg

Nintendo Everything

The original Crystal Chronicles was amazing, so I'm sure this will be too. Especially because they know what flaws CC had.
See? Who needs an mmo when you can just have the dungeons like this (I'm assuming)?

Apparently this might actually be more of a Monster Hunter game than a Crystal Chronicles game.

Ah. Considering it's chibi though, I'm assuming it won't be too in-depth, so I'm happy. Gonna have to keep an eye out :monocle:.

Bravely Default re-re-branded as Final Fantasy, perhaps? If so, count me in!

the characters dont look chibi, they look like standard anime style. i dont see anything suggesting it resembling crystal chronicles.

i believe this is SE's way of telling us this is their JRPG approach. not tok happy but we'll see. An ff monster hunter may not be so bad if i had other games to look forward to atm.

Chibi/anime...whatevs :wacky:.

"4 player multiplayer action RPG" < CC.
"As a group, you're after the crystal" < CC.
Looking at the images, the battles look exactly like CC. Hack away with physicals and spells, with probably no timer (though that part is guesswork).

Either way, CC and MH are really similar. Multiplayer, online, action, upgrade equipment etc.

This looks like it could be a lot of fun! :D

I like the character design (similar style as Bravely Default) and I quite enjoyed Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube, even while it had that awful multiplayer controller system using the GB Advance. >D; I think there was a sequel, but I never played it, so.

This looks like a worthy upgrade from that, plus it's on a portable device, which may be even better.

im seeing FF take the whole JRPG as a.niche approach. i really want to see them outdo themselves with JRPG genre. so im going to have to wait and see. Monster Hunter never interest me.

CC hardly ever makes online games. dot hack takes place in an online world.

Back