The Humble Weekly Bundle - RPG Maker Edition

iSmiff

Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Divinus Smifficus
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I'm not sure if im posting this in the most relevant sub-cat but here goes.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly has an offer that y'all might be interested in
Pay what you want for RPG Maker VX Ace ( the lastest version, as far as i'm aware) or pay over $6 for bonus content listed at the bottom of the page.

You decide how the payment is split (Developers, Humble corp or Charity) and when I say pay what you want I mean it. You could pay $0.01 if you wanted.

(Bare in mind though; paying that low obviously doesn't help the devs and humble guys much and therefore future bundles are likely to be much weaker.. so you're only hurting yourself..)

For those who don't know - RPG Maker is some software that simply - allows you to create your own game. I havent used VX Ace myself but XP and previous versions of the software (2000 & 2003) are so easy to use it's unreal. Obviously it takes time to make it look any good but as far as creating a basic game goes I was doing this stuff likerally when I was 8; and I was hardly a computer genius.

There should still be plenty of resource and tutorial sites out there although the community seems to have shifted away from the sites I used to use all that time ago so I couldn't recommend any

Any questions though and i'll try and answer - just @ Mention me

Edit: (I forgot to mention; pay more than $12 and you unlock a 3rd tier of stuff. RRP of RMVXAce is still about £50 or your regional equivalent - Maybe $50 so it's still a top deal)

Oooh! I want a (legit) copy of RPG Maker VX Ace! :ohoho:

I'd be willing to pay the $12 for the whole package. :hmmm:

There are still plenty of resources out there for the program. Sadly, there are many broken links, but most of them still exist in one place or another.

I can't help anyone with the graphic sets or anything, but GubiD did a good number of tutorials for Ruby (the programming language), some even as he created new content.

All of this is based on the assumption you're one of the few people in world who don't have the program yet. Which in and of itself is amazing, considering how easy it is to find a decent crack for it and how Steam puts it on sale every other month.

Is it really on sale that often? I had it in my wish list for months and I think that's an exaggeration :ahmed:

Back