Andre the Adamantoise
Andre the Adamantoise
Zell
FFXIV
Ilyena Frost
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Hi guys.

This is a thread for members to suggest any articles or subjects they would like to see on the front page. You can post links to news or just suggest ideas for articles. It doesn't have to be Final Fantasy related. Suggestions about other SE games or just games in general are welcome.

I would like some detail info on certain things such as TGS, E3, certain events and certain info coming out. but with a splash of opinion, seeing what you like, what you are concerned about.

I would like to see some interviews if that's possible for you to do with voice actors or SE of america or something of the sort. it doesn'thave to be the biggest person ever, but enough to be able to answer key questions we have.

Any progress on the forum itself is good. some SE-related info but not something outside of japan, such as tomb raider and Murdered: Soul Suspect. those games are far different from the games SE usually makes. Stuff similar to FF, or other games Square's development divisions make.

Some news would be good.

I would like some detail info on certain things such as TGS, E3, certain events and certain info coming out. but with a splash of opinion, seeing what you like, what you are concerned about.

I completely agree about this one. E3 is the natural article to make.

I would like to see some interviews if that's possible for you to do with voice actors or SE of america or something of the sort. it doesn'thave to be the biggest person ever, but enough to be able to answer key questions we have.

I can't see how this would be possible. Interviews with SE are generally kept for the official SE sites, aren't they? Either way, unless a different mod/article writer is mates with someone at SE...not sure we'll see this happen.

Any progress on the forum itself is good. some SE-related info but not something outside of japan, such as tomb raider and Murdered: Soul Suspect. those games are far different from the games SE usually makes. Stuff similar to FF, or other games Square's development divisions make.

Not outside of Japan? Their blockbuster games are blockbusters for a reason. People like those games and I'm certain they would like to see news about anything related to Tomb Raider etc too. This point is entirely subjective.

Some news would be good.

Yup.

Of course, this is all my opinion on things. Thanks for the feedback, Razberry person :lew:.

I personally have no contacts with anyone in Square-Enix, and nor do I have any idea how I would set about arranging a personal interview with anyone of much worth. But I do know some people like Erren Van Duine and Alex Donaldson who work for rather reputable but unofficial Square-Enix websites who do, and act as minor insiders from time to time, and they occasionally do conduct exclusive interviews. But I would simply be re-posting much of what they have said if I were to put it on this site, which arguably isn't much different from we've already been doing on some occasions.

So unfortunately, number 2 is out of the question as greeny above me has already said.

i disagree about blockbuster games. Murdered: Soul Suspect is one of those games. generally those kind of games such as tomb raider, or others feel so western, the western media will pick them up and spread it out. IGN has done a great job avoiding info of other games that dont come to the west, while other sites like Kotaku and siliconera do an effort to get some from japan that are still interesting.

I find it..idk...annoying finding info i can already find somewhere where it shouldn't be here.

If their so popular, don't you think we can find the news somewhere else? for an SE haven though, i would like actual games made by Square or Enix divisions, not their subsidiaries.

personally, i'm not interested that kind of news in the forums or home page, i can find that info somewhere else, i rather the site be reserved for more "relevant" games, not more "popular". Heck, Murdered: Soul Suspect isn't even made from a subsidiary of SE at all, its made by Airtight Games.

And, i dont believe its impossible to gain interviews, it definitely is (improbable is the key word). but i think the site needs more PR before looking. if its possible, try it, if its not, oh well. but i'm sure it doesn't even have to be a full-fledge meeting. Siliconera has arranged several "online" interviews in the past. but regardless, i know its not "imposssible". if you want to try and end up empty handed, thats one thing, but i would at least want to hear that you tried before saying it. if other sites can do it, i would like to know how to.

i guess i prefer hearing "we tried" over "we think its impossible, so we didn't even try"

On another note, i think the "graphics" used should be updated. i'm particularly not fond of the image of Bartz in the FF news. it just seems...idk...a typical artwork you see in Deviant art. Perhaps using something more original that simple and easy on the eyes but also stands out. Make your own logos for each one.

Reviews, reviews, reviews. if it's possible. I'm always curious to read them on other gaming sites.

Since this is a fairly popular (unofficial) Final Fantasy site, it think it could be pulled off. They would obviously need to be unbiased, surely, and a lot of time/dedication would have to go into creating them. (Just weigh the pros and cons, I suppose. Haha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back