Help FFXIII: Indomitable Will pre end game

bikergamerwriter

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hello all.

How do I beat these two? Everything I've researched says they are very tough opponents. I'm maxed out at level 4 primaries and level 2 secondaries. I've heard plenty of times that all the missions can be finished before finishing the game, even in chapter 11, and I'd rather the game be finished with no loose ends when I beat the end boss.

As I've been told it can be done, but how do I go about doing it? And what do I need?

Thanks very much.

The main thing you need is lots and lots of magic resistance accessories. You also need to use conditional chain bonuses to achieve stagger; the easiest to get are "alternate attacks" and "have buffs on you/debuffs on target". To 5-star the mission, you'll definitely need buffs and debuffs (especially Deprotect and Bravery/Bravera), and you'll need to figure out a way to prevent a staggered Raktavija from taking an action (otherwise it will Dispelga and wipe all of your buffs and debuffs). There's at least a couple of ways to accomplish the task of constant disruption.

I haven't tested it, but I think Stopga might actually be useful in this battle. Try using it right before you stagger; hopefully it helps prevent an early Dispelga and delays interruptions from the other Raktavija.

What kind of accessories offer the best protection against Multicast? I have a good supply of Witch's Bracelets all maxed out, and three of them on each character will give me a little over 50% immunity. I also have a few Diamond Bangles maxed out.

I've also heard of the synthesised ability Magic Damper which offers 100% immunity. All my characters have three accessory slots. Is this enough to be able to use it?

Thanks.

3x Witch's Bracelets on each character is probably your best bet. If you're willing to spend the cash Magus's Bracelets are 5 percentage points better, but it takes Adamantite to make them so they're quite expensive. They'll get you from ~58% resistance to ~66% resistance. The Diamond Bangles are just worse for you; your characters have enough HP to make +1000 HP worse than 25% resistance.

Magic Damper requires 5 items to synthesize, 4 accessories and a weapon. Sadly, it's not something you can access.

Thanks. I'll start by upgrading to Magus's Bracelets and see what I can do. I know I saw a tutorial on how to do it somewhere.

Back