Information Reputation System

Alright put me in... I will get all my power back anyways and kick some turtle butt!

But since I don't have a cool turtle emote, we can just see dancing Bender while I wait for the reset

:shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace: :shace:

Can we reset at a later date? I don't much care for pretty much anything in the vBShop, but if something comes on that I would actually care to put in effort for, can I reset at that point? If I have to decide now, then I'll have to decline. Purely due to apathy towards the gil system. Colored usernames are pretty much the only perk I care for at this point.

Alright put me in... I will get all my power back anyways and kick some turtle butt!

But since I don't have a cool turtle emote, we can just see dancing Bender while I wait for the reset

And done. =] Rep level changed from 447204319 to 10.

@Captain Squee - Of course. No need to decide now.

I might go ahead with the 'Salary' idea on a new thread for those who decided on a reset, so there will be a payout every month for those members and new users from hereon. They'll just have to PM us or post in the thread so that we can remember.

Discrimination now, say gonna make a salary then only for those that reset that not fair xD.

You don't get to make that call, and I am aloud to state my dissatisfaction with it.

Changed the Post Count Factor from 500 to 300. So your Rep Power has been increased slightly. I went from Rep Power of 26 (actually gained one point earlier) to 38. Most of the vets are around 10-25, so I don't see the need to adjust the rep level points. We'll keep that as is. :hmmm:

Sorry Soul. :sad3: I think it's fair. With this whole reset, receiving the max amount of salary while the others (new members and those who decide on a reset) work their way up, doesn't seem that fair. Just trying to be a good sport.

Realize I am just picking at it xD. Especially since you mentioned the salary being applied now in general and not just to those who reset. Sides if you do a salary monthly I don't see it as a problem for everyone regardless of reset or not, especially if it monthly. It would seem fair to all that way I think.

Depends on your definition of fair, I suppose. ;) Mainly though, I'm trying to keep it in theme with the SeeD ranking design. Figured it'd be a fun way for new members (and old, if they choose to participate) to post here, slowly building their reputation in a more interactive and entertaining way. Not that people should take the green or red pip bars seriously, but the element of fun is there all the same, along with an incentive. It would be kind of pointless to give everyone that incentive since it wouldn't properly follow the nature of the ranking system, which is... to gain progress gradually and get a reward based on that.

I changed the Rep levels actually. Nothing major. First post updated. This will be the last time I change my mind.

Or so she said.

I'm still debating on if I want my rep power reset, because if it doesn't get rid of the fun little messages, why not. :hmmm:

Or so she said.

I'm still debating on if I want my rep power reset, because if it doesn't get rid of the fun little messages, why not. :hmmm:

Plus you will get a monthly salary too.

On top of your non-existing Staff salary. :D

I say go for it.

Or so she said.

you mean from your old reps? nope those are all still there (y)

Meh, reset mine. We all know I'll just go straight back to the top anyway :sir:.

Dear God, I hope people know I'm joking with all this arrogant bull :wacky:.

Plus you will get a monthly salary too.

On top of your non-existing Staff salary. :D

I say go for it.

Lol... Non-existent alright. I don't want the monthly salary.

1. I'd forget about mentioning it.
2. I'm the best and richest moderator ever.
3. You'll forget it even if I mentioned it.
4. Yes.

5. You can also reset mine.

@Six Changed from 1584131632 to 10.

If I forget, Tia will remember.
greenyxi - 522383538 to 10.

i usually suspect some of the mods. some of the negative rep suddenly sky rockets too low. either its unbalanced, or inmeasurable depending on the person. if theres going to be rep reward, negative rep shouldn't exist.

i usually suspect some of the mods. some of the negative rep suddenly sky rockets too low. either its unbalanced, or inmeasurable depending on the person. if theres going to be rep reward, negative rep shouldn't exist.

Mods don't have permissions with the rep system. The rep system was actually unbalanced, yes. When it was implemented a few years ago, the settings weren't configured properly. Not to mention users back then didn't have a reputation spread limit and members went on a reputation spree. It didn't help that the Reputation Point Factor was set to 50, which multiplied numbers at a fast rate as users received reps. I think reputation was also configured for Survivor event one year, which screwed things up further. I never actually took the time to look into the Reputation system since the system was confusing. It took several hours to figure out how to even change the Rep Power (and few tests) which was to disable the Reputation Point Factor. I didn't know this -- had to read a manual at vBulletin for it.

I've PMed LG about the possibility of installing an enhanced reputation mod, which has more features and options for the rep system. Might actually be able to make it so that if users choose to opt out from the rep system, it might be possible to do so. I don't know about the negative rep, since that's a universal setting. The only thing we can do for members is delete negative reputations if they request it. Other than that, a reputation level reset is another option.

Back