Article: Hashimoto teases Final Fantasy XV for E3. Pleased be excited, etc.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
[12/05] Hashimoto teases Final Fantasy XV for E3. Pleased be excited, etc.

10256970_68601406479075j8r.jpg

Square-Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto arrived in Thailand to deliver his keynote for Comic-Con. A poster from one of my affiliate forums, BoN at Mognet Central, took the opportunity to ask Mr. Hashimoto what the likelihood is of Final Fantasy XV's appearance in Los Angeles next month for this year's E3.

Mr. Hashimoto noted that the process of developing an RPG up to its final stage of shipping is a long task. Until he is able to officially reveal anything further, he assures the Comic-Con fans that there will be events featuring Final Fantasy XV due "from now on", urging fans of the series to diligently wait a little longer for such occasions.

To quote from BoN's post, is a transcribed extract from a Q&A session (grammar and syntax have been edited, and phrases have been paraphrased):

Q. Will there be any new information concerning Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III in this upcoming June's E3?

A : We would like to keep it secret. It just only a few months from now. I'm pretty sure you will be surprised.

Actually it is not only in June, there will be many events from now on such as San Diego Comicon, Tokyo Game Show, and others.

We might tell you what our plans are, but it's better you see for yourself in Tokyo. (laugh)

On Kingdom Hearts III:

Q. About KHIII, could you tell us more about the characters, (combat?) systems, and story?

A : We are sorry. They are secret. Please wait.

On the sale of Sony's Square-Enix stock back to the company:

Q. What is the reason for Sony's decision to sell all SQEX stocks formerly under their possession?

A : We didn't think this would become big news. (laugh)

Back in 2001, Square had financial problems and Sony bought our stocks. Now the situation has reversed.

Since that time, we have enjoyed great support from customers when it came to our products, so SQEX have been able to return to their feet, while Sony has declined.

The President of both companies underwent negotiations and came to the very result that everyone is now aware of. We did not have arguments. As Sony once provided us assistance, so it was time we returned the favour.

Mognet Central | Gematsu | NeoGAF

Our non-news of the day!

:hmmm: I must say,

I'm pretty hyped.:hyper:

For mostly, of Kingdom Hearts III :fan:

I don't understand why Hashimoto is being so secretive.

Come out ya lil bastard you :amg:

I'm dyyyyyyyying to know more information. >.>

Thanks for the update :monster:

We get it. :lew: You hate fainaru fantaji, you don't have to keep putting the snark in the titles. I mean, if you hate it so much, stop writing on a ff forum. :lew:

Anyway, it sounds like they're being smart about it, they want to save the details for their two biggest upcoming games for the actual game events. If they gave fans details now then the fans would just be bitching during the events about how Square 'isn't showing anything new'. Which certain people on this forum have done in the past.

So, I actually can't wait for the game events so I can see ff15 and kh3, hopefully it's good news.

Sadly after their latest projected report from this upcoming fiscal year, I highly doubt that FFXV will be released until late next year, which mean KH3 wont be around until at least 2016...

But I am actually not excited, cause it is going be the same games from last E3 from Square FFXV (which we have seen so many times already) and KH3 (which they said wont really be worked on until FFXV is finished since most of the FFXV team is from the KH team...) So... we can continue to play the waiting game on FFVers.... I mean... XV.....

Much excite! Yes!

Ehhhh, I don't care much for this... Neither of the games will probably come out by the Summer of 2015.

It would be cool to get a demo.

KHIII is a no-hoper for me. I reckon some really early stuff is all we'll get- first draft stuff. Yay.

We get it. :lew: You hate fainaru fantaji, you don't have to keep putting the snark in the titles. I mean, if you hate it so much, stop writing on a ff forum. :lew:

I don't hate Final Fantasy. On the contrary, I'm very much looking forward to Final Fantasy XV. My snark does not mean I hate the franchise as a whole, but rather, a kind of passive aggressive sign of how irritated I've become towards the company.

Plus the Hashimoto "please be excited" thing is a meme, and I'm simply regurgitating the meme, because it's basically Square-Enix in a nutshell. Like a kind of "hey, you know that cool looking game that is still a while away yet? Well, please be excited, because we MIGHT show a tiny new glimpse of it soon, even though we've been saying this for the last oh-so-many years!"

KH3 won't be until 2017, for all I know. No chance of that showing up when they flat out admitted last year it was too early to announce it anyway. Even if it does show up, it won't be anything substantial. FFXV has a much higher chance. It's almost certainly not coming anytime before spring next year, but next month should be a ripe enough time to bring the goods to the show, and not do a Tokyo Game Show last September when they only threw in 5-10 seconds of new footage.

not do a Tokyo Game Show last September when they only threw in 5-10 seconds of new footage.

Speaking of that....

There is a total of about 15 seconds of new footage here that came out either today or yesterday.... :D

But seriously how much longer can we "be excited for E3" when it is only going be FFXV for sure and maybe KH3? I am hoping they revive some of the other lost series, Star Ocean, Saga's, Mana, heck a new Dragon Quest would be nice.

FFXV as far as I am concerned well be nice once it is released, but anything short of a release date is almost a slap in the face...

I'm excited, but I'm also scarred with what their added footage has amounted to the last couple of times. :mokken:

I can wait another 5 years. Maybe they'll send out a survey to measure my level of excitedness!

I won't lie i'm getting so bored of waiting on SE :yawn: but to give credit where its due.. I've not been this excited about a new FF or KH game in years!
Mark%20smiley.gif

Back