Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Rever Seurwit
FFXIV Server
Faerie
Free Company
Timber Owls <Owls>
So here's the deal, I have a saved file with each master materia right now but Emerald and Ruby still stand. My characters are mostly level 99, I have not used the W-Item Glitch so my resources are limited, and I have not used my Sources on mt team yet, therefor there stats are as they were leveled.

The general idea for beating these two is to either spam mimic and counter combination to use Knights of the Round or Omnislash to kill them in one fell swoop, or to jack up onr or more characters on sources til they deal 9999 damage and have 255 of each defense stat.

However, this thread is for challenges. Since my characters have not had a single source used on them (Well, other than 4 luck sources on Vincent) I plan on taking challenges to beat Emerald and Ruby under certain circumstances. The last challenge I took against Emerald was the following.

No Mimic usage (master command materia is allowed provided mimic is not used)
No Underwater Materia
No Knights if the Round
No Hero Drink
4 materia per person (cap not restriction)
Lucky Seven is allowed only after 10 minutes of the fight, beforehand it is prohibited
Only 4 megalixers
No W-Summon
No W-Item
No Quadra Magic
Final attack is allowed but only if not paired with Pheonix or Revive.
No overflow glitch
No Source usage before battle

I managed to beat this rather simply, though time consuming. Due to not using sources my group had to rely on level stats only. My method included the following materia on the corresponding characters.

Cloud: Master Command, Mega All. (HP Below 9999, lucky 7 will not come with Aire Tam)
Cid: 4x strike, Final Attack-Bahamut ZERO, HP plus (9999 HP, 4 materia, lucky 7 will not come with Aire Tam)
Vincent: Enemy Skill, HP plus (9999 HP, Aire Tam will trigger lucky 7)

All materia was mastered, including enemy skill, and all characters were level 99.

Cloud wore the Mystile and Ultima weapon. His accessory were Haste Shoes. Entered the battle with "Fury" status.
Cid used the Venus Gospel and wore the Aegis armor. His accessory was the Talisman for more spirit. Entered the battle with "Fury" status.
Vincent wielded the Death Penalty with Zierdrich armor. His accesory was also the Haste Shoes. Entered the battle with "sadness" status.

This challenge turned out to be much easier than anticipated. The first three times taking it, before the ten minute mark to use Lucky 7, Emerald was using Aire Tam when Cloud had HP plus instead of Mega all and triggered a 2 way Lucky 7, so I had to restart since I have to wait 10 minutes to use lucky 7. I replaced Clouds HP plus as well because the eyes were holding me from preventing Aire Tam to make the challenge easier while also harder due to a lack in HP. Emerald Shoot dealt easily 80% of each characters HP, if it landed on Cid or Cloud, Vincent used White Wind, if it landed on Vincent, he used an X-Potion on himself. If Emerald used stomp Vincent would also use White Wind. Before the eyes appeared, Cloud used his normal attack while Cid used 4x strike. Thanks to Emerald having a predictable attack pattern, I knew when the eyes would open. Hopefully Emerald had attacked Cloud and Cid enough so that I would use both their Final Limit breaks, which was usually reliable. Cids Highwind would be used first to prime the damage and sometimes kill 1-2 eyes, rarely 3. Vincent then used an X-Potion on himself. Clouds Omnislash was next, killing every eye and reverting Emerald back and triggering Emerald Beam. This put Cloud and Cid in danger of death, but thanks to haste, Vincent is able to use White Wind, recovering an additional 1/3 of the partys HP. Clouds haste shows also allowed him to use X-Potion on himself. Once in a while, Cid died, but I used Vincent to fully revive him with the Enemy Skill materia. This also triggered Bahamut Zero for additional damage.

If Cid and Cloud did not get their respective limit breaks, Cloud would open with a normal attack +Mega All and hit each eye for 9999 damage with very rare misses. Cid would then use his 4x cut and kill 1-3 eyes, never 4, rarely 3, usually 2. Vincent would use White Wind as soon as possible and Cloud would then slash all once again and this would finish the eyes before Aire Tam. This made it easier to not accidentally trigger lucky 7 before the 10 minute mark. Vincent didn't use an offensive skill even once. Whenever healing was not necessary (rarely) he instead used Big Guard to put added defense on the group. This didn't last long as Emerald Shoot dispels barriers, but it still reduces the damage from said attack. It was also very nice to give Cid haste.

The first time I slipped up and let Aire Tam trigger, Vincent was already missing a small amount of HP and Lucky 7 did not trigger, which was good because the ten minute mark did not pass yet (easy to tell when there is no underwater materia). I used my first megalixer when this happened, recovering everyone from near death. Cloud then instantly killed the eyes, releasing Emerald Beam and reducing HP to 1/3 once again. Cid used an X-Potion on Vincent and Vincent used White Wind for a full recovery. This very process happened 3 times, using 3 of my megalixers on a limit of 4. Cloud and Cid were interchangeable for this scenario.

Eventually this killed Emerald without the use of Lucky 7 (all three times it got to use Aire Tam Vincent was missing HP, this was not intentional.) Challenge defeated in 14 minutes

*fanfare*

Does anyone else have a challenge to present to me to defeat Emerald? How about a challenge on Ruby? Ruby is easier, and I only ever face it with one character via entering with the other two dead. Emerald is more difficult, I usually use Enemy Skill as my healer materia, but the others can be changed. If the battle will take less than 10 minutes I can record the full fight, however, since the free Bandicam runs for only 10 minutes, if it exceeds that time, I cannot show the full fight.

the first time I beat emerald I didn't know about the material thing (with aire tan storm) not did it occur to me to use KOTR and mime, so I ended up doing this the really hard way lol. had final attack -revive because air tan wiped me out everytime. took me years before I clocked on to that ):

Back