Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
http://www.fox.com/gotham/

tumblr_inline_n55jyvtRH81qh4qwy.gif

I can't wait for this myself. But a lot of people are bitching about Selina's age and what not lol.

It really needs to be treated as its own beast if it's going to be a success. We have to forget about Bruce Wayne and what he will become 20 years or so later, otherwise it will distract from the whole dynamic of the show. I'm very wary of it, I think it looks like it could be a big mess, and it seems to me that production of it has gone a little quick.

I'll give it its fair chance, and I imagine because of what it is then it'll pull in a decent sized audience and will probably get re-commissioned for a second season, but I'm not expecting to be blown away

I saw the previews for this since early Summer and I think it looks good. This was supposed to be made back in 2000/2001, but the producers didn't think they could get anough juice for a whole series to spin off a buncha seasons, so instead they went the Superman route and made Smallville.

I haven't got around to watching it yet. I might wait until the whole 1st season is out before I go through and start at episode 1.

Reviews so far have been pretty poor. It's apparently over loaded with villains and has no subtlety at all. I haven't been watching it, but Netflix already have the rights to it once the season finishes, so I may give it a go then.

It's a perfectly okay TV show but it's riding hard on the fact it has loose ties to the already-successful Batman franchise. If you removed Bruce Wayne and whatever sneaky references they've dropped in (the young Poison Ivy?), all you'd have is a cop show with a corrupt justice system, which, by any means, is not an original or interesting concept any more.

Its pre-pilot criticism was that it needs to distance itself from Batman and be a totally separate entity: having seen it up to current US-time, I think they need to put a lot more Batman in it to make it different. It's currently suffering recycled plots about the woes of police partners and questionable ethics.

Having said that, if it had been done maybe 10+ years ago, before all of your CSIs and Law & Orders and Criminal Minds and NCISs and NYPD Blues and Rookie Blues and and and and and, it might've stood a chance. Otherwise, I don't see it lasting beyond a couple of seasons.

I hate to do it but, compared to Agents of SHIELD (i.e. a TV show spin-off exploring supporting characters in a multi-film comic Universe), it doesn't hold a candle. SHIELD has its own problems but it's got the balance right between being its own show and tying into the world Marvel's building. I appreciate it's not a direct comparison because SHIELD has taken several characters/worlds/stories together, whereas Gotham's just the somewhat-milked Batman world, but I think Gotham needs to take a step back and reassess what they're trying to do with the show other than keep people interested in Batman.

Back