Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Can members purchase the right to publish articles or is it reserved just for the editorial staff. That said, can we at least send articles to either of the editorial staff members so THEY can publish it?

Also, I mean front page articles... I want to know if I can write something and have it shared on the front page.

Please help, thank you :pooley:

So members can't just purchase it or something?

That's lame

it should be approved, but not just for two editorial staff members. it'd be better to have the whole community take part so long as it deals with ff and is decently written

Alright... so what makes staff promote it on front page? What are the guidelines and stuff?

If it's well written, at least semi-objective if it's a news-type thing, and about FF, basically. There are no specific guidelines for promotion.

Does it have to be news? or can it be opinion pieces like 'Squall's dead' for example?

So if I wrote an essay about how Cloud has.... PTSD (idk I'm just picking something random) and asked for it to be promoted on the front page, and it was written well, what are the chances of that being shared?

What are the things that would make the staff not allow an article on the front page? Other than NSFW type stuff.

Actually, @Stray Arrows, it does not have to be Final Fantasy related. ( CassinoChips ) A decent while back we've agreed that the main focus should remain on Final Fantasy but that non-FF related articles can be promoted as well.

You can either type out a thread/post that you want to have promoted in to an article, or send the official Staff, or an Editorial Staff member a PM with an article you'd like published.

Again, does not have to be FF related, could be games, consoles, or any gaming news. Fan-fiction is allowed to. The only thing not allowed would be obvious spam articles, that make absolutely no sense and would just be of no use to the front page.

THANK YOU, KIRA! :ohoho:

That was very helpful!!

So... what are the chances of my article getting published? What if the person doesn't like my article, are they obliged to publish it anyway or can they pick and choose? :hmmm:

Depends on what article you're talking about. I'd suggest just PMing one of Staff (Mitsuki is on break) but either Staff members or Editorial Staff Members, and displaying your "wanting to get published" article to them. Like I said, if it's about spamming or something that should just not be on a gaming front page, it may be discussed among the Staff members, I can't give you much more input, as I don't know what on earth you're on about, woman. =]

I just want to know there won't be any type of censorship, is all. Like, I wanna know if a staff member or editorial mod won't not publish my work just because THEY don't agree with it. For example, if I wrote an article about Cloud having PTSD or an article about religion in FF games... what if a staff member just refused to publish it because they personally disagreed with it?

That's not ok to do here, right?

Nope, I think the only thing we'd not want on the front page is character bashing... We do want the front page to be inviting. Not something to throw people off. I would personally say that is fine, but if you wanna make a 100% sure you can always check with Tia for now.

Personally don't think something like that would be denied.

Ps. If there is a legit concern on the Staff or Editorial team about this, the administrators will decide solely on the article itself. We can't generalize everything, there's always exceptions.

Ok, thankies, Kira! ^_^

Don't worry, I'm not gonna bash anything. :lew:

Edited in the last part in my post, just to make sure there's no misunderstandings. ;)

And you're welcome.

If it is an opinion piece, the whole point would be that it's your opinion and people don't necessarily have to agree with it. I don't see any issue with the examples you've posted. If you want, you can write up an article and send it to me. I can look it over and let you know. And no, I would not say no to publishing an article if I disagreed your opinion.

thank you, tia! That is all I wanted to be sure of! ^_^

Back