XBox Titanfall

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
Has anyone played Titanfall at all? It's basically the hot new game for the Xbox One, but it was also released on the Xbox 360 just recently here in early March.

I bought it as a bundle with my new system and it's not too bad. It came with the system for $450, the game was kinda counted as "included/free". I don't think it's too bad. I think it's a little overhyped, but it's fun to play especially if you have a friend or 2 in a party to play and talk with. It kind of reminds me of a Halo/Call of Duty hybrid. It has gameplay like a Halo game, but the set-up of ranking up, maps, and game modes are Call of Dutyesque (sp?)

It does get very repetative after playing for a while and I need to take a break for like a week or so, but it's a fun play occassionally. The only thing I'm not too cracked up about it the "always online" gameplay. So if I take my Xbox away from an internet capable area, I cannot play the game. :(

EDIT: Typo in the Title... :/ It should say "Titanfall"

Last edited:
I love what Titanfall is. That said, I think it's WAY too bare bones to hold anyone's attention for too long. I bought it for Xbox One on launch day, played it for about a week, and haven't picked it up since. Being multiplayer only, I would have expected the multiplayer to be much deeper. At the least, I would have expected something in terms of customization options. The game released with 5 game modes (just your typical team deathmatch, CTF and territories modes) and only a handful of unlockables. There aren't enough weapons available to create interesting or diverse loadouts. Also, some of the default abilities granted to players are a little overpowered, in my opinion. I particularly hate that players can see through walls...

Oh, and I hate the bots. HATE the bots. I'm interested in fighting the opponents that pose a threat to me (human controlled players). The waves of inept bots only serve as an annoying distraction.

Some DLC, maps and modes have been added, so some of these complaints may no longer apply.

Now some stuff I like! Because I do like the game (probably doesn't seem like it):

Excellent gameplay, intense action. The mech battles are awesome.
The maps are VERY well-designed.
Parkour mechanics work surprisingly well.

I bought it at launch for PC and played it for a bit and stopped mainly because I don't like playing online multiplayer games on my own. So I have waited for a while and my best mate just got it on PC as well and it makes the game a whole lot more fun. I can slightly agree with what Moogles has said above in which this installment is an introduction and it won't be until Titanfall 2 etc when the game may have some longevity. However with the news of map packs being released soon and any future game modes being free who knows it might bring some new life to the game. I personally find it fun and interesting, more so than Battlefield 4 which is to this day still broken.

I remember when I first heard about the game, I heard from my boyfriend. I didn't know too much about it because it's not really the type of game I've played before. From what I researched, it looked beautiful though. So I did pre-order it on PC for me and (mostly) my boyfriend.

After I got into the game I've concluded:

It's a really fun multiplayer game, however, after a while of playing, my hype of the game fell short-handed. Titanfall is a fun multiplayer game that with great first-person shooter elements together to make something new, and the elements work well to create a fast-paced competitive experience with a lot of nuance.
The only drawback is that sometimes, it feels like developer Respawn Entertainment didn’t want to completely commit to any one element; speedy game-play is satisfying but doesn’t always combine well with classic game types like capture-and-hold and team deathmatch and these aren’t always the best use of what the mechanics can offer.

I was kind of disappointed that it was just strictly multiplayer: I craved for the 1P action and I think that's what drew my attention away from the game after playing a few rounds.

Became bored with the game already and I'm just now about to "regenerate" for the first time. I'm at about level 49 and working on mastering all the Titan Weapons by getting 20 Titan kills with all 6 or 7 of them. I can't seem to keep interest in this game without being in a party or a friend online plaing with me. Aztec talked me into buying this game and an Xbox One and I have yet to play with him on here. Hopefully some more games and better ones release soon for the Xbox One.

Back