Dissidia Final Fantasy characters

Clairfarron21

Gil
I don't know about you guys, but there rare some Final Fantasy characters I think that should be on Dissidia.

VII: Vincent, Yuffie, Aerith
VIII: Seifer, Rinoa
X: Auron
XIII: Hope, Vanille, Serah, Snow.

For Snow, I just want to use them as an opponent and beat the hell out of that doofus. Yeah, don't really like him very much. I think it would also be neat to include the Kingdom Hearts characters since they're apart of Square Enix.

Kingdom Hearts: Aqua, Riku, Ventus, Kairi (If possible)

If another Dissidia Final Fantasy gets made, I hope these characters will be playable.

What about you guys? You got a character you'd like to play as or something?

Last edited:
I'd like to see Freya Crescent from IX in the next Dissidia game, sure we already have Kain Highwind but given the large number of sword users there are in Dissidia as well as the fact that Seifer was intended to be in the first Dissidia alongside fellow Gunblade wielder Squall, there's no rule apparently against having several characters of the same class in Dissidia.

Hm... my potential wishlist keeps only to the main 15 games. No spin-offs or main entry sequels, preferably. Thus, my ideal roster would be:

FFI: Warrior, Garland
Keeping it nice and simple. There aren't really many characters you can work with from FFI anyway

FFII: Firion, Mateus, Leon
Leon would be an interesting addition. He's sort of a precursor to the Dark Knight class, which I don't really think Cecil represents well

FFIII: OK, CoD, Xande
Let's face it, in FFIII, Xande was bland and uninteresting, but I believe Dissidia could really give him a good personality and story. It did so with Garland, and very successfully in my opinion

FFIV: Cecil, Golbez, Kain
I don't really think I would want any more than 3 characters per game... yet I'm not sure

FFV: Bartz, Exdeath, Gilgamesh
I would also tentatively say Faris, but the same mindset as for FFIV applies here

FFVI: Terra, Kefka, Cyan
We don't have a Samurai character yet, I think Cyan would be an interesting addition

FFVII: Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Aerith (as assist only)
Good enough

FFVIII: Squall, Ultimecia, Laguna
I could see Seifer being implemented differently enough from Squall, but again with the 3 character limit in my head...

FFIX: Zidane, Kuja, _____
I just can't think of who to add in. There are so many great characters from FFIX that would fit in, but I'd like to game to stay balanced. Vivi would be great, but we already have Shantotto as a very similar character... Perhaps Steiner could be an interesting twist?

FFX: Tidus, Jecht, Yuna
I would laugh if they found a way to implement Wakka though

FFXI: Shantotto, Prishe, Raogrimm (the Shadow Lord)
Good old Shadow Lord... boring, bland villain that has a lot of potential that could be unearthed in Dissidia, and a rather unique possible fighting style

FFXII: Vaan, Gabranth, ____
Again, it's hard to come up with a third... Balthier is a much different gunner than Laguna, but... hm... Basch would make for interesting stories with his brother on Chaos's side

FFXIII: Lightning, Hope, Dysley (Barthandelus)
Yeah I know a lot of people say Cid Raines should be the Chaos representative, but think of the potential for Dysley. It would be rather tough to integrate his human form and Barthandelus into gameplay, but it would have great potential. Hope is unique enough to warrant a spot, in my opinion.

FFXIV: Y'shtola, Nael Van Darnus
Easy choices. Y'shtola, judging by Theatrhythm, seems to be the main face of FFXIV now (cause curse Derplander) and Nael, being a Lancer would be great. Deus Darnus for EX Mode anyone?

FFXV: Noctis
Yeah we don't really know enough about the game yet to decide anyone other than the obvious. I'd also probably say the villain, whomever they may be, but then again, only Lightning represented XIII in Dissidia 012, so perhaps Noctis can stand as the lone XV rep

I got FFD012 and I immediately liked Kuja from the beginning because female characters are the best- Yeah, turns out Kuja is a male lol. He looks incredibly feminine in my opinion and I wouldn't have known otherwise if I was only shown a picture of him. I like Sephiroths' Nova attack (especially when you're prompted to mash O and the FF7 limit break bar comes up), but he attacks much too slow for my liking.

I dislike Kefka so much and I don't see any redeeming qualities about him. It doesn't help that I find clowns awful to look at as well. There're several cutscenes with Kefka and he's portrayed as this conniving, evil villain that uses Terra for his own personal gain.

I'd like to see Hope become playable; I can imagine Hope's attacks being technology-related. Plus he's my favourite in the XIII saga. =)

It would be nice to play every other character of each of the Final Fantasy games. Not all of them, but maybe 4 at least from each of them. You know?

Back