[18/04] New version of Final Fantasy III for PC

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
ff3ios_thumb.jpg

Before the Nintendo DS remake, Final Fantasy III was the least accessible game in the series since it was only available for Famicom in Japan. Now Luneth, the silvered haired Final Fantasy III protagonist is everywhere. Square Enix brought Final Fantasy III to DS, iOS (pictured), Android, PSP, and Ouya.

Next, Final Fantasy III is coming to PC. A rating by Germany’s USK board leaked the news.

image_thumb74.png

While Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII already had PC ports, Final Fantasy III for PC is a new version of the game. That’s interesting to see and perhaps Square Enix is considering to bring even more Final Fantasy games to PC.

Source:Siliconera

blegh...don't make it sound like you're so blind to the series....

anyways...i personally will get into this if its a new iteration, but i'm more of the classic type despite the fact that i never grew up with NES era, i would like the NES experience without being a hack.

S-E seem to be porting their series to PC a lot now considering FF7 and FF8 have made it to Steam. I wouldn't mind this at all but FF3 I just couldn't really get into. I will wait for the time FF9 is announced because I will replay the hell out of it.

Again, Siliconera seems to be suggesting that theres going to be a completely new version of "FF3", not a port. so it might be interesting to see the turn out if its radically different from the original and 3DS.

i still prefer to play the original version at some point without using hacks.

I played the DS port, got to the last dungeon and never finished it... But, I liked the system.

I enjoyed the multiple teams you could make(Two DK's and Two Dragoons was always a fun time), and I enjoyed the story(?)

So... Yeah, I'd be up for this. I don't game on my laptop as much as I used to, so I'd be up for it.

I'd definitely play it as III is one of my favourites in the series...I would love to see FF9 come to PC though. And it's about high time they redid FF6.

Back