Is Kuja and Beatrix stronger than Necron storywise?

8ther

Dragon Knight
Gil
Seeing how the party managed to defeat Necron, yet were defeated in all their battles against Beatrix and Kuja. Could Necron by story standards be considered weak than Kuja and Beatrix?

Not really. Between those battles and facing Necron, your characters have done quite the amount of travelling and grown much stronger.

Beatrix also becomes pretty shite when her and steiner go out and fight in Alexandria to that rather good tune

Even though I love both Kuja and Beatrix I would have to say no as well. I hate that Necron is the final boss but is definitely the strongest but a dumb addition to the game imo.

Necron is by far stronger but as others have mentioned the party have grown stronger throughout their travels. You also have to take into account the fights you loose with Beatrix and Kuja is just a pre-determined fate for the sake of progressing the story and that is all.

Storywise? Necron is naturally the stronger character. He's the defender of the crystals damnit! I mean, you can't leave someone weak there to do something like that 0_0. Kuja and Beatrix on the other hand are just human/genome. Sure, Kuja has huge power himself (the Terraria incident), but Necron is bound to have more.

Absolutely. I would't really say Beatrix's backstory is as important to the plot of course as Kuja's in, but in the overall scheme of things, Necron's is only mentioned once in the entire game before we run into him as the final boss. Even then, that hint toward him is so slight that I guarentee 90% of people that play the game don't realize it's even about him at the end of the game when he surprises Zidane and company.

The crystal that is destroyed during the whole Kuja battle/scene represented life. Once that crystal was broken, Necron: aka God, sought out the remaining living beings because the life crystal was destroyed.He took it to mean that no one cherished life anymore. Zidane and the party had to show their "will to live", their strive to survive and prove to Necron that they could start over and not take their life on "earth" for granted. You may only get a glimpse of what Necron is like, but it's a powerful message to end the game and put into perspective all the characters have been through.

Back