[16/04] Sony Sells Off All Of Its Shares In Square Enix

IV is on a console, it's on the SNES and PS1, not to mention the psn store now. Just buy FF Chronicles which comes with FFIV and Chrono Trigger.

Well I dont count SNES since hardly anyone has one these days. I tried finding IV on psn and couldn't find it except on vita and psp. I already have chrono trigger but I will search for chronicles because IV is the one FF game I've been dying to play and couldn't find. Thanks for the info

Well I dont count SNES since hardly anyone has one these days. I tried finding IV on psn and couldn't find it except on vita and psp. I already have chrono trigger but I will search for chronicles because IV is the one FF game I've been dying to play and couldn't find. Thanks for the info

You can get final fantasy chronicles ps1 game from amazon as well as ps1 consoles.
Or you can do what a lot of people do and just emulate the game from your computer.

I remember seeing the actual number that Sony received from it's shares. It is definitely low. Sony and Square are in some hot water.

Why would Sony want to keep shares anyway? SE has done nothing for them as of late. When was the last time SE provided them a AAA exclusive? It's been nothing but HD rehashes of games gone by. Not to mention XV was supposed to be an exclusive on PS3/4 which is now going to Xbox. The Kingdom Hearts series has traditionally been on Playstation (Minus handheld/spin-offs) and surprise surprise, that's going to Xbox too.

Quite frankly, SE has done nothing for Sony to keep vested interests in their company. I'd pull my shares out too if I had any. And Sony knows fine well SE wouldn't make future titles Xbox-only or SE would collapse instantly ESPECIALLY in their own market. It's no secret the Japanese aren't fans of Xbox so imagine a massive Japanese company like SE making games for a console that the majority doesn't own. We could even throw in the fact they want to go back to their roots making JRPG's instead of trying to make a global appeal.

If SE were smart they'd have kept XV PS4 exclusive.

SOny is also struggling as a company too, they needed to sell some off. they also closed branches and people. i do think that selling them was necessary...but i think selling "ALL" of them was a sign of hwo much they don't need SE's shares in order to get games onto Sony consoles.

Back