leveling up my character's jobs in Galuf's world...

Gavindale Marchovia

ShinRa Guard
Gil
In the second world, where is the fastest, most convenient place to gain AP? I am trying to max out my job skills, but everywhere I’ve been to in Galuf’s world – so far - gives only 1 or 2 AP per battle. (btw, I am about to enter the Moogle forest). I got most of my characters maxed out in the first world by continually fighting Quadharpy, it took a long time but I did it. To be honest, spending so much time leveling and gaining AP became tedious.

The best place for you to train in Galuf's world is in the Sealed Castle, the place where you acquire the sealed weapons. The monster you encounter will be called the Shield Dragon. Before you go in make sure your A. At least lv 20 (I was 30 at the time) B. Make sure one of your characters (preferably two) have the control ability equipped learned from the Trainer class. When you encounter the creature use the control ability until he is under your control. (Keep in mind the control ability may not work on your first try hence why I recommend to have two people with the control ability. Also white mage is a must.) Once you control the creature just have the creature inflict damage on itself with Blaze and repeat the process until it kills itself. (It should take about 4-5 times. There you will be rewarded with 5,000 exp 1000 gil. (I played the psx version) Once your mp go outside and rest and repeat the process.

The place that I've found to be the most helpful is the basement of Castle Bal. Down there is an enemy called Objet D'Art. They come in groups of 2 and 5, and give 4 and 8 ABP respectively.

If you managed to get Level 5 Death from World 1, you can easily one shot them and farm for ABP quickly. I managed to max most jobs in like an hour or so. Plus the Gil from them is good as well.

Experience wise it isn't the best, but you are focusing on ABP.

Another option if you don't have Level 5 Death, is to buy a ton of Lightning Scrolls, which are also sold in Castle Bal coincidently. It takes roughly 2 to kill the entire group of them.

As a side note, a good idea is to try and get a least 1 Gold Hairpin if you are using Level 5 Death. It halves MP use so you can stay down there longer before going back up to the inn, conveniently located in the same castle, and heal.

Hope this is helpful :D

Back