Multiple Platforms Borderlands: The Presequel

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Anyone else heard anything on this?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2014/04/09/borderlands-pre-sequel/7490247/

"For the next chapter of Gearbox Software's colorful hit Borderlands, players will be making a trip to the moon.
The studio announced the series third game, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, will launch this fall for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game takes place between Borderlands and follow-up Borderlands 2, as player follow the rise of villain Handsome Jack.

"He's kinda like Borderlands' Darth Vader," says Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. "To discover how this villain was created, and in fact play as a character that starts the game on his team, is an interesting turn for fans of the series."

The series is focused on four bounty hunters who team together to mow down enemies with an array of weapons and collect countless pieces of loot. The Pre-Sequel introduces four new fighters: Athena The Gladiator, Wilheim The Enforcer, Nisha The Lawbringer and Claptrap the Fragtrap. All four have made previous appearances in earlier Borderlands titles and expansions.

Although Gearbox is the studio that made Borderlands famous, Pitchford says they will hand over the development reins to 2K Australia, which worked on 2K's BioShock series.

"We have not had so much fun working on anything in such a long time," says Tony Lawrence, general manager of 2K Australia.
The game takes place on Pandora's moon, where players of Borderlands 2 may recall was the location of Handsome Jack's Hyperion Moonbase. Because of the moon's low gravity, players will use oxygen tanks to double jump or hover like using a jetpack or thrusting downward for a ground stomp. Players can also pull off moves like tossing grenades at an enemy's feet and "blowing them off the surface with such velocity that they never come back," says Pitchford.

Like earlier games, The Pre-Sequel will feature weapons with elemental effects such as fire or electricity. New firearms will boast cryogenic abilities that freeze foes or laser-based weapons of all types.

Launched in 2009, Borderlands has morphed into a huge hit for Gearbox and publisher Take-Two Interactive. In February, during its third-quarter earnings call, Take-Two revealed Borderlands 2 shipped 8.5 million copies, making it the highest-selling title ever under its 2K label.
"When I first conceived of this franchise, I hoped it would work, and I believed in the bet," said Pitchford. "But I never anticipated it would be as successful as it's become.""

Last edited:
I am soooo exictited for this, not only because I am a huge fan of the Borderlands franchise but I more so exicited that you will be able to play as Claptrap. I really hope they make it so breakdancing is one of his special abilities, that would just make the game completely worthwhile. Plus it will be interesting to see the story on how Jack became such a big jackass.

:hmmm:

I need to get into this series. For a while I've seen "co-op!" flashed up all the time that my response is typically "nope, nope, nope, nope, nope".

If this is a "pre-sequel", this is more like Borderlands 1.5 than 3.

The need to constantly replenish oxygen sounds annoying.

Borderlands is definitely at its most fun when your playing with friends Olivia. You can play it solo no problem but your missing out on the full experience.

:hmmm:

I need to get into this series. For a while I've seen "co-op!" flashed up all the time that my response is typically "nope, nope, nope, nope, nope".

If this is a "pre-sequel", this is more like Borderlands 1.5 than 3.

The need to constantly replenish oxygen sounds annoying.

I played through(most of) Borderlands 2 alone.

Yeah, it's not really as engaging. Fun, but it's better with multiplayer. It's just fairly suited to that "4-man team" style.

Use paragraphs, geez... @Pockets

@Fleur, I had that with this game too, the cartoon look, and the first person aspect of the game really was a turn off for me, but I actually have really enjoyed both the first and the second game they have out.

I'd definitely be willing to play the 3rd if they come out with it, whether it's a 1.5 or an actual 3, as long as there's a female character! =]

The female character is the Sheriff of Lynchwood, Six and the content was from the link given. I'd use paragraphs were any originally used.

Yes I agree playing with someone is part of the whole Borderlands expirence. There is something great about being able to play an RPG (albiet a FPS RPG) with your best buds. It's fun to see how other people play certain characters also, one of the things that I love about this series is that you can play with the same character but it could be two completely differently playthroughs depending on what spec you choose for your character. Ohhh I cant wait!!! :ohoho:

This sounds like fun!

hopefully it's as much fun as BL2 was...

I know they are also making a Telltalegame of the series..wonder how that will go :hmmm:

Also...claptrap is a playable character in this... :ffs:

WHY!!! WHY WONT HE SHUT UP!

This sounds like fun!

I know they are also making a Telltalegame of the series..wonder how that will go :hmmm:

Well that is all part of his charm. :britt: Like I said in my previous post I cant wait for all of his crazy antics, and being able to be apart of them.

This sounds like fun!

I wonder if Clappy will have another birthday party? :jess:.

~Happy birthday to meeeeeee~ :lew:

A Telltale game? Like point and click? That may be pretty fun considering how good some of their other stuff is. We'll see, I guess.

Back