Need Help Defeating Jecht

jakevader93

Gil
FFXIV
None
I have finally made it to the final boss of the game, and it is one the toughest fights I've ever had in any FF game. I've been at it for three hours now but everything I've tried is futile. He either keeps killing me instantly when I'm paralyzed or his sword keeps murdering me nonstop. I rarely get chances to attack him because I'm always focused on trying to keep my party alive. He heals himself constantly and my Aeons can only do like one overdrive until he kills them. I'm pulling my hair out at this fight, considering I had no problem with Yunalesca and Seymour's 4th boss fight. I need help.

Train more, Haste more, make sure everyone is in overdrive before you attempt to fight him. imo go get tidus, Yuna & aurons ultimate weapons then go try again. oh and breaking dmg limit doesnt hurt either :). hes honestly one of the easiest last bosses in any game imo.
do you have the magnus sisters aeons? if so go in with yuna in her overdrive & magnus sisters alrdy haveing their overdrive, summon magnus, use overdrive, dismiss, use grand summon magnus sisters, overdrive & then go with Tidus, Auron & yuna. great dmg & heals with cura/curaga :).

Jecht is actually fairly easy. If hes giving you this much trouble youl need to grind the sphere grid for a bit longer. Spend a couple hours and hel be no match for you when you return. Ultimate weapons and overdrives do help but are definitely not necessary for beating him. Good luck.

It's been a long time since I've played X, but the little memory I have of Jecht is that it is a battle of might- not a lot of strategy per say, rather pure caveman status ass kicking. So your characters need to be bulked up.

Just be proactive with petrification- have your characters with stoneproof.
That's about all I can remember.

But

If you max them out, you can kill him in like one hit.
It's kind of funny actually- Wakka bops him with his ball and it's done
phpbb-mrgreen.gif

Yeah, the only real thing about him is that he uses Petrify a lot. Use Customize and attach the Stoneproof onto your armour. Hastaga is always a useful ability for big bosses, so if you have that activated for whatever character on your sphere grid, use that at the start of the battle. If you can't get Stoneproof for all your main party characters, you'll have to resort to making sure your White Mage (usually Yuna) can cast Esuna or throw Soft/Remedy as fast as possible. To stop him from healing himself, use Wakka or whoever's your Black Mage (Lulu by default) to attack the stones so that they'll stop. After that, it's just a case of bulking out your HP and defenses!

I had my party members dealing 9999 damage each hit, but you don't have to, just make sure you're dealing at least 5000 damage with each party member then you will know for sure you're dealing way more damage than he can heal with those stones.

I had lots of trouble with Jecht too it require a lot of grinding on my part. It probably took me about 4-5 hours of training to just level up enough to beat him because he really seem to pwn you in his second form. My strategy was to get all of my aeon and party into overdrive before the battle so when you get to the battle you don't have to worry about getting that. My main party for this battle was Tidus, Auron and Yuna. I had Tidus cast hastaga at the very start of the battle and had him cast haste on the party members as they lost it due to petrfication and death. I also had Tidus use quick hit lots as you could normally get in a few good hits. Auron constantly used zombie on Jecht with the exception of overdrives. When do inflict him with zombie have Yuna cast curaga and hit him for some serrious damage(6000+).Other then when Jecht is inflicted with Zombie just use Yuna to heal/cure any status. Also its best to save all your overdrives until the second forum and really hammer him. When Jechts overdrive is full you can talk to him as Tidus and he'll lose his overdrive bar or get confused and loose it when he goes to attack. Again it is best to save this for the second form and just revive/cure your party as need in the first. Best of luck man but like I said it might require a few hours of grinding before you get to that point.

The best thing I can recommend is getting some Celestial Weapons on your side; among other abilities, they allow you to break the damage limit, and have extra power while your HP is full/higher, so usually automatically do more damage than 9999. I'd recommend Nirvana for Yuna, the easiest to get, and it almost goes hand-in-hand with getting the Magus Sisters. Auron's Masamune takes a little bit more time but isn't hard - you need to unlock 10 creations in the Monster Arena. Lastly, Tidus's Caladbolg isn't too bad to get, if you have half an hour of patience.

If you've been playing Blitzball, try and get Wakka's Attack Reels Overdrive, at the very least. His Sigil can be obtained through this as well, but only if you've got the rest of his Overdrives - it can be quite tedious, if you haven't been doing it already. The reason I recommend this is because, if you line up a row of 2xhit on Attack Reels, you'll do 12 hits - this can devastate Jecht.

I'd go in with Tidus, Yuna, Auron and their Celestial Weapons (if you can) and charged Overdrives; if you only have 2 weapons, switch one of them in for Wakka and unleash Attack Reels.

Bear in mind Jecht has two forms - one at 60,000hp and another immediately after at 120,000hp, so plan your attacks accordingly.

Regardless of what stage of the game you're at, the Magus Sisters and Anima do insane damage. They might not one-hit Jecht but if you plan it right, Anima's Oblivion (for example) will probably do ~50,000 damage and the Magus Sisters will probably do around 70-80,000 damage. You can do this.

There are some more fights after Jecht but I won't spoil it; just don't worry about them, either.

In addition to the strategies posted above if you don't want to grind sphere levels Rikku's 9999 mixes make a joke of him even if you're at base stats.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_X_Mixes

If you go to that page and Ctrl + F "of 9" you'll come across all the possible mixes for Trio of 9999 (all characters) or Quartet of 9 (one character).

If you're using it on one character make it someone who can take him out quickly, i.e. Wakka attack reels, Tidus Slice and Dice/Blitz Ace. Her overdrives can ruin any storyline boss.

Regarding Rikku's mixes, I'd also recommend using the one that doubles the HP of the characters on the battle field at the time. My stats were not particularly good when I finished the game, but I managed to defeat him first time - it took THREE hours, mind you; I had to keep healing - because I doubled the HP of Rikku, Auron and Tidus. :) Use Hasteaga too! :)

I made sure all my aeons and characters had all their overdrives. I played as many sidequests as possible to get the Crests and Sigils for the Ultimate Weapons. Strength nodes on the Sphere Grid gave my characters a boost on attac power which made attacking Jecht quicker and more powerful.

I actually had a way tougher time with Yunalesca than I did Jecht.

That sucks to hear! It really was the go-to ability. :c
I did alright. Platinum'd the remaster so I imagine it would've only been easier on the original. My biggest annoyance was how weak Blitz Ace was :(

I made Yuna go through Lulu's grid area, and boy, what a insanely powerful black mage can she become. Easy 9999 damage with the -ga spells. Made Jecht a cakewalk with Rikku's item use.

Rikku's mixes were key for me in these last few battles. She has one 'Trio of 9999', which is an absolute must if you don't have Celestial Weapons and damage limits broken: It will cause not only all your characters to do 9999 damage, but also all healing items to heal the same. Two Wings to Discovery mixed together will make one. Combine it with haste and Overdrives, especially Overdrives that hit multiple times like Lulu's and Tidus', and you'll sail through.

Jecht is probably the most difficult final boss in the series imo. Unless you have the Magus Sisters, then I kicked his ass.

Back