Could Dissidia be EVO worthy?

jakevader93

Gil
FFXIV
None
I post this for I have a big love of fighting games and I follow it all the time like watching tournaments on streams. One of the biggest tournaments for fighting games every year is EVO. If you don't know what EVO is, the best thing a can compare it to is it's what the Super Bowl is to American Football, EVO is to fighting games. It's THAT huge of a deal. Many people come from all over the world in order to win first place the largest tournaments in such games as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Caliber, King of Fighters, Super Smash Bros, Killer Instinct, Marvel vs Capcom, and so on...

So the point of this topic however is whether or not a game like Dissidia Final Fantasy could be worthy of being shown at EVO. "Why would that be a problem? It's a fighting game so it should count." you may ask. Well, the thing is is that not every fighting game is popular with fighting game fans or tournament players due to many different reasons. One is whether or not the mechanics of the fighting make it so that it could be played at a pro level. Smash Bros for example gets plenty of flack from tournament players because of it's more "casual" fighting mechanics, but it still makes it onstage due to the games having a huge supporting fanbase behind it.

So if Dissidia were to ever graduate onto a home console instead of a handheld device in the future, do you think it could work at EVO and have enough people to support it if it's mechanics are balanced?

Back