Kitase drops out of development.

8ther

Dragon Knight
Gil
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21037/article/final-fantasy-15-game-developer-staff-shuffled/
Final Fantasy 15's development seems to have taken a new set of turns. Longtime dev Yoshinori Kitase has dropped out of the project, even as Yusuke Naora joins the team.
Kitase news was synonymous with Final Fantasy 15 news for the longest time, as he was connected with the project from the start, as far back as 2008. The word is that Kitase wants to start a new project, so he has broken off.
Kitase is well known as one of the foundations of the Final Fantasy series. He is best known for his work in 1994’s Final Fantasy 6. 1995’s Chrono Trigger, 1997’s Final Fantasy 7, 1999’s Final Fantasy 8, and 2001’s Final Fantasy X. For this last game, he is also famous for having chosen a Southeast Asian backdrop, to expand the FF universe from its traditional medieval backdrops.
Yusuke Naora has also had a storied career in FF, although, perhaps unfortunately, they all work under the shadow of Yoshitaka Amano. Still, Naora’s art style is most associated with Final Fantasy Type-0. He also did work on Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, and both the Code Age and Chaos Rings series. It’s not quite clear what role Naora is taking in Final Fantasy XV, but we do know both Tomohiro Hasegawa and Takayuki Ohtachi are also doing art duties.
Square Enix has shared assurances before that Final Fantasy 15 is actually already at an advanced stage of development. The circumstances behind Kitase leaving may support this assertion, as he’s been at work on it for over a decade, and it’s clear that Square Enix is simply moving forward without him.
Thoughts?

If development is far enough along, his attention and efforts are better spent elsewhere, especially if SE wants to get a new game in line for after FFXV's release. Considering how long the game has been in production, its release shouldn't be too far off. I'm more curious to as what Kitase intends to work on moreso than why he's left the FFXV team.

I wish for these games that the same team would stick around. I know that's impossible and a lot to ask as this franchise has been around since the 80's, but with the great success they had early on up through FFX, it seems like everything since has been broken teams working on these main-line FF games and it's been choppy final project results. I know people come and go in industries. Especially a series that only puts a main game out ever 5 years or so now. I miss the good ole days of an FF game coming out every 2-3 years. :(

Kitase is probably working on FF16....but atm he hasn't been satisfying the FF series well. i dont think its a huge loss, and i'm sure him dropping out means that whatever he established in the production of ff15 has been finished or no longer nead him as much.

i really dont care. this just gives tetsuya nomura more room.

Kitase is probably working on FF16....but atm he hasn't been satisfying the FF series well. 12 i appreciated, and love like an underdog, but if only because they experimented that actulaly looked like it was going somewhere. FF13 on the other hand...i tried to respect it, but when it came to ff13-2 thats when the hate grew.

i dont think its a huge loss, and i'm sure him dropping out means that whatever he established in the production of ff15 has been finished or no longer nead him as much.

i really dont care. this just gives tetsuya nomura more room.

Mod edit:
*posts merged*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back