Disc 4 prep

ShadyLegend23

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So I have played through most of the game now and man it is awesome as hell!!! Anyhow I was just wondering what kind of final prep needs to be done before heading in to take on trance kuja? I went in once made it through 2 bosses and then my whole party got hit with that high temp insta kill bs spell whatever it is. So where do you get gear for body temp to avoid that mess? As far as level my main party members are around 48 while Zidane is 50. I'm not concerned with side quests yet because in the future after I play X I plan on coming back for a complete playthrough. Any tips or help would be much appreciated!!

So I have played through most of the game now and man it is awesome as hell!!! Anyhow I was just wondering what kind of final prep needs to be done before heading in to take on trance kuja? I went in once made it through 2 bosses and then my whole party got hit with that high temp insta kill bs spell whatever it is. So where do you get gear for body temp to avoid that mess? As far as level my main party members are around 48 while Zidane is 50. I'm not concerned with side quests yet because in the future after I play X I plan on coming back for a complete playthrough. Any tips or help would be much appreciated!!

My memory is awful. I think that your levels need to be a tad higher, a little more. The guy you're stuck on is weak to ice from memory. Ribbons can help block out the high temp spell. I think that there is another trick to block out the high temp, try using esuna on those who are on float asap, I think from memory, the boss uses the high temp spell on those who have float on 'em.

I think the lowest I have ever been when doing end game was around my main party being 60 and it still took some time to beat. If you are talking about the spells 'Freeze' and 'Heat' then these items are the ones you need as you will learn the ability body temp from them Jade Armlet, Madain's Ring, Fairy Earings or a Diamond I hope this helps you out, how to get said items though now I am rusty in that department but some of them a synthesis items. It would be best to look them up online for what you need to get them.

Yeah, I'd say level in that area to about 65. That's what I aim for anyways and the enemies around Memoria (especially near the end but not the crystal path) give a pretty incredible amount of exp. The water area is probably best all 'round?

Body Temp :hmmm:. That's a tough one. I know you can get some from synthesised equipment. Probably from Treno or Daguerro. Does the Rosetta Stone teach it? If it does, you can equip that to anyone and teach it them one at a time.

I hope this helped at least a little bit :s

Thanks guys this does help when I get home from work I'm gonna go find some shops to take care of my body temp problem and grind out about 10 or so levels before I hit the final dungeon. At least from my first run in it I have a little but of an idea what to expect once I gain a few levels and train body temp I should be golden.

You may notice that Memoria is hard as hell- every battle is like a boss battle, perhaps?

I experienced that in my first playthrough, the last 'dungeon', I guess you could call it, goes pretty hard, and with limited save points.
Basically, if you can get through it, you can beat trance Kuja and Necron.

It's the 'test of might', if you will.

As far as I know, if you are at least in the high 50's, you can still tackle Memoria. Last I knew, this is the level you'd typically be at if you're going for Excalibur II. However, being in your high 60's is usually a safer starting point before venturing on.

What party do you plan to bring into Memoria?

Well I just beat the game!! I took Vivi,Dagger and Freya along with me and barely got by Kuja who was alot tougher than necron imo. This game was fantastic and after I play through X-X2 I plan on coming back to IX for a full play through. The only major problem I have with this game is I felt Kuja should have been the final main boss. The fact that this Necron dude came out of nowhere to be the final fight I didn't like but overall a great experience!! This is definitely tied with 6 as my favorite FF game.

Awesome job, man! I'm actually surprised that you took Freya, considering how well Steiner and Vivi work together.

But I agree. Necron just kind of popped out of nowhere, but there was very little story behind him. If he was fleshed out, that'd be a little better.

I kinda thought Necron was fine. He's the protector (and destroyer) of the crystals, so he would naturally be there. You wouldn't expect the crystals to go unprotected would you? :britt:

...I'm trying to justify crapiness :sad3:

I kinda thought Necron was fine. He's the protector (and destroyer) of the crystals, so he would naturally be there. You wouldn't expect the crystals to go unprotected would you? :britt:

...I'm trying to justify crapiness :sad3:

fanboyism :britt: we all do it

I kind of liked Necron but I do agree he isn't really needed to be honest. Kujia Trance can be harder than Necron it is down to luck. Necron only has 2 danger moves which are blue shockwave (One member goes to 1hp) and Necron ring which does damage to the whole party and it is a damage dealer. Necron also has a kick ass boss tune as well :) Congratulations on beating the game, I have beaten it like 5 times as it is my fav FF title.

I put the Necron fight up there with... the final fights in FFX, with all your aeon's... (only I guess technically you can still die in the Necron fight)... It was very pointless, and unnecessary... I mean wasn't Kuja the main villain... did we really need a last minute throw in bad guy to add to the story? No... Infact I don't see Necron as anything other than an easter egg...

Love the rest of the game though :elmo:

Awesome job, man! I'm actually surprised that you took Freya, considering how well Steiner and Vivi work together.

But I agree. Necron just kind of popped out of nowhere, but there was very little story behind him. If he was fleshed out, that'd be a little better.

Thank you!! I really loved Freya in my party at all times just because she was a nice support along with attack damage but I was close to using Steiner. My biggest problem in FF games is picking my main party.

On the Necron thing it just seemed unnecessary as a final boss battle. If they would have fleshed him out more as you said it wouldn't have bothered me. Kuja was the main villian the whole game and he is not the final boss? I dont get that. Fighting Kuja with that badass them music and his constant use of flare had me on the edge of my seat. I beat Kuja with my whole party dead except for Zindane who had only 200hp left when I hit the final blow which made me jump and celebrate. Normally I cruise right through the final boss but then the Necron battle came up and it was just a dull battle to me. Still though one of if not the best in the series I have played and I will be playing it many more times in the future im sure

Back