Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Details here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/638e05ee98d7e940e63b866abfa2f50fd428c5c2

It's a pretty long read.

I could definitely use a new Beast Tribe quest/location, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Beast tribe quest rewards have been adjusted as follows:

Allagan tomestones of philosophy will no longer be received.
An increased number of Allagain tomestones of mythology will be received.
Allagan tomestones of soldiery will now be received.
Elemental shards will no longer be received. (Dammit...)
Ventures will be received.

I'll have to read more into the Ventures. Sounds a bit confusing the first time, but it has my interest as well. Same with Glamours.

From what I understand, glamours are just vanity items. You can wear an item for its stats, but make it look like an outfit you liked more. Something that should have been in the game from the start! Hmph!

Anyone else digging that bomb mount?

I plan to get that bomb mount. It's something different.

And I still have to play around with Glamours. I've no idea what I'd want to change yet...maybe my Bard. I found this awesome lvl 15 outfit while doing dungeon runs, and I've been wanting to try it out.

Really loving this new update, but I hope they add in another page tab for the Company Chest on the next one.

Foestriker clothing, Mitsuki ?

Also, anyone have a firm grasp on ventures yet? Still not getting what it is...

Yes, foestriker!

My retainers are around level 5+ (maybe 10 now) with their venture class. One is miner, and the other is botanist. I'm figuring those two classes would be popular for crafters, although there's other classes too - Disciples of the War/Magic - which nets you monster drops instead. I guess I'm just wondering whether DoW/DoM classes actually matter. Like, what kind of monster drops do I get if I choose Maurader VS Bard? Doesn't seem to make any sense, but maybe someone else can clarify this for me. Until then, I'll go with Mining/Botanist. Seems more direct. (I guess if you switch retainer classes too, the one you were working on will reset back to level 1, so be sure to know what you want beforehand).

Anyway, I send my retainers out for 18 hours to get random items. Yesterday one of them came back with 3 HQ ash branch and some shards. Depending on their level, the items they bring back to you will reflect on that. If you update their gear and weapon/tool regularly, I guess there's a higher chance of them coming back with HQ items.

You can choose to send your retainers out for 1 hour and 18 hours. It'll show you the items they can bring back depending on level. I think I'm content with 18 hours for now since I'm still short on venture tokens. Plus they gain more exp and more items, so for only 2 venture tokens, that's pretty good.

The only issue I see with this is that I now have to make some more room for my retainers' tool/gear. They can share my character's tool/gear, but since my character's mining and botanist class are both high, I have no choice but to buy low level tools for them, thus taking up more space. This would be perfect for those who are leveling up their character and retainer class at the same time, but quite annoying for high-level players. I'm not even gonna worry about the gears for now. Maybe when they reach level 30ish, then I'll equip them with HQ tool/gear. I think I haven't converted them yet, thank goodness...

Edit:
Your retainer also cannot exceed your character's level. So for instance, if you choose to go with botanist for your retainer, but your character's botanist is only level 15 and you have no plans on leveling that up, then your retainer's botanist class will stop earning exp at level 15.

Of course, this is no problem for you, Jeff.

Last edited:
Foestriker clothing, @Mitsuki ?

Also, anyone have a firm grasp on ventures yet? Still not getting what it is...

basically they just send your retainers out to find shit. the things you get can be effected by the equipment you wear, but what you can get can be anywhere from like... an item to craft a weapon to, like, a weapon from king moogle mog hard.

but in other news

this is what not having a life looks like. 2 days of straight fate grinding, just for some blood on my bravura. no stat increases, just blood. think im gonna try to go hard on farming myth tomes soon for animus
2nqfq6x.png

word on that bomb mount though. i don't usually care about most mounts in MMOs, but who da fuck doesn't want that bomb mount? too fresh

Back