Official 24 and 24: Live Another Day TV series General Discussion

spoonyrogdrumps

Blue Mage
Gil
I am a huge fan of 24 the TV Series. So much so that I could be labeled a fanboy and wouldn't care.

Come this May.......Jack Bauer is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'm that much of a fanboy of this series. So sue me.

This is a thread to talk about everything and anything Jack Bauer and 24 including the new series comeback show Live Another Day.
This is the main Fox website for the show complete with a countdown ticker until the first 2 hour!!! premiere!!!!!
http://www.fox.com/24-live-another-day/

Spoilers may now be listed in this thread.
If you list any spoilers please indicate so,
as not everyone has seen the series and may still want to.

If you have never watched 24...................................................................
..........................................................................................................words cannot express what you missed.
:ohshit::cry::):wacky::gasp:

Last edited:
Hopefully there are some 24 fans on this forum lol. I won't take offence if no one likes it :-)
as you can share your hate for it lol. I don't care :-)
I am looking forward to it though and I'm hoping they have some new tricks up their sleeve.

24 is probably my favourite show of all time but ive not been excited about the return at all. It ran for 7 seasons and got very repetitive halfway through, though i still loved it.

I predict CTU being compromised, jack going 'dark' and a little torture for the sake of saving the US.

What characters are to reprise roles? I havent read anything about it tbh.

What characters are to reprise roles? I havent read anything about it tbh.

Chloe will be back, Audrey and I believe her father were both returning... I think that was it so far on who was coming back... I wish they would bring back Tony...although I hated in season 7 when they made him the villain (in a way.)

I will watch this season (mainly because almost nothing is on tv anymore that I really enjoy minus one or two shows)

I also thought the best seasons were 1-4, 5 was good, 6 was... ugh... 7 and 8 were about the same as 5, good... but not the best.

I feel after all this time and cutting it to 12 episodes could ruin the show...I know they are going do a lot of traveling in this season (from England to USA and such) so they are going to cancel a lot of the plane time, but... I don't know... I guess we will see how it goes :hmmm:

I think a lot of people have a love hate feeling toward the series, and I have similar feelings of minor lulls. According to Kiefer, and the other creator/s in interviews that they wouldn't come back if they didn't think it would be profitable. They are concerned about the fans and telling a story worth telling. It's just the 12 episodes right now. They have said that the 12 episodes won't impose limits to the creative way 24 has worked and it will still be in the same style storytelling. I do hope they have some new tricks up their sleeve. I love Jack Bauer and the shows premise but they need something fresh to draw me in that world again too. When you expect your socks blown off and your used to it, some things can become stale. It's a natural adaption of the human psyche, but even that psyche can be tricked if done correctly. I want it to blow me away again too.

'24: Live Another Day': The evolution of 'Dammit!' -- VIDEO

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/03/24-live-another-day-the-evolution-of-dammit-video/

This is a relatively new link to an article about the over used word.
If you haven't seen these youtube videos it's worth a chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIZrXPSv1m0&list=RDzIZrXPSv1m0

My family, friends and I are watching the new premiere of live another day together just once. We've done this once before where the article suggested drinking after ever dammit.
As a celebration were getting together one more time. No we don't do this every episode. lol
For the first show we will be taking shots every time a cast member says dammit.
Some people drink a shot for more than one catch phrase in the series but that can lead to intoxication levels that are too high.
Be cautious to your health. Drink responsibly.

Also 24 is no longer on Netflix streaming.

Last edited:
Back