Final fantasy versus? Where are the chicks??? O.o

Homunculus

Moogle
Gil
I must say I'm laughing at the charactor roster. THE OFFICAL character roster they released for Versus, 15 or whatever. Are you guys looking at this?? ONLY TWO CHICKS?!?!? O_O Final fantasy versus is now offically 90% full of bishi boys. Wtf? Square thus far have had hotties like Tifa, Fang, Lulu, Rikku and now they have these two ugly nun women? Lmfao....I want play as a cool guy like Cloud, or Noel Kriess I mean...Sasuke? really, why is this sasuke look alike in a Final fantasy game? o_O The gameplay looks like KH! I don't want to play Kingdom hearts I want to play Final fantasy...:( They messed up the Final fantasy 13 saga with Lightning returns and now they are going to release this gay stuff? Only two boring ugly chicks, TONS of girly men? What is this some kind of Yaoi dating sim? lol. After the disaster Lightning returns was, I'm not looking forward to this.

Attachments

• 468px-Final_fantasy_xv_characters.png
    468px-Final_fantasy_xv_characters.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 206
Ugly? What are you, blind?

This is a reconstruction of what the dark haired woman is supposed to look like, don't know about you but I think she looks pretty hot so far. As for the other chick, she looks okay to me. No doubt we'll be seeing more.

Attachments

• dhw_zps67998462.jpg
    dhw_zps67998462.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 210
we'll probably see more optional party members, but the game is designed to play similar to Kingdom hearts.

also....i dont care if their all guys. its not like we wont be seeing girls in the backgroun, and what does it matter? does this game need sex appeal to get your attention? for the record, we've seen 3 girls, one that is a dragoon

we'll probably see more optional party members, but the game is designed to play similar to Kingdom hearts.

also....i dont care if their all guys. its not like we wont be seeing girls in the backgroun, and what does it matter? does this game need sex appeal to get your attention? for the record, we've seen 3 girls, one that is a dragoon

True. As I keep saying, as long as this game gives me the awesome Final Fantasy experience that draws my attention in all day (like Final Fantasy VIII has done today) then I'm still pretty stoked regardless of the fact I obviously won't be doing much fapping. :D

Only Noctis, Prompto and Ignis come across to me as "bishies" from that roster. Gladiolus and Cor don't fit the bill and they're still party members, while every other man aside from Ezio Auditore (presumably) is dead set on being more middle-aged and realistically "unattractive" looking.

There's supposedly a dragoon woman based on an older Versus XIII trailer who might still make it on, though she'll probably just be a throwaway presence like Jihl Nabaat, knowing SE.

There'll probably be some more women characters, only they'll likely be more peripheral. I agree that the gender imbalance is very, very stark compared to other FF games, but so long as Stella and the dark-haired woman are two well-realised characters in their own right, I'm okay with this.

The sex appeal isn't the only reason I don't look forward to this xD The guy characters are a huge downfall, and the gameis being dominated by girly males. Females aren't represented enough as main leads as is, I'm surprised they made Lightning a main character since she's a chick.

The sex appeal isn't the only reason I don't look forward to this xD The guy characters are a huge downfall, and the gameis being dominated by girly males. Females aren't represented enough as main leads as is, I'm surprised they made Lightning a main character since she's a chick.

Have you played Final Fantasy 6 ?- Strong females there, Celes and Terra

Final Fantasy 7- Aerith, Tifa and Yuffie

Final Fantasy 9- Princess Dagger/ Garnet

Final Fantasy 10- Yuna, Rikku

Final Fantasy 5- Has Faris, one of the most badass Final Fantasy females around. It has 3 main females, and 2 males.

Final Fantasy 10-2- Has all female characters

I don't see what's so wrong, with having all males, if Final Fantasy 10-2 had all females, and Bartz was squished between so many girls in FF V.

Don't me wrong though, I would love more playable female Final Fantasy characters, rather than a Backstreet Boys thing. In a way they made Terra and Celes the main characters of Final Fantasy 6, so I don't see what's so wrong with them making Lighting the lead of Final Fantasy 13.

One game, that's male dominated and it's automatically awful ? No, just no.

Otherwise, males have a right to piss on FF 6, FF 5 & FF 10-2.

theres only a few considered "girly". i dont, they look handsome, they look fit, and they dont dress ridiculously except for prompto. other than that, if you look at Noctis realistically, rather than anime-esque, he looks like a shut-in otaku.

plus, an all-male group? whats wrong with that. its the first time we're going to be seeing it.

My knowledge of what we are expecting for the story of FFXV is very limited. But wasn’t a gang supposed to be the focus, at least in part? I had the impression that Noctis was part of a gang of boys, perhaps with a Mafia-style set-up, but also resembling a West Side Story style street gang? Not that I want to make the comparison of this (possibly) serious game with musical finger-snapping, leg-lifting dances, and jazz hands, but it popped into my mind for some reason (possibly because early comments on Noctis and Stella were speculating that there might be a Romeo and Juliet type of plot underneath the main actual plot of the game). :argor:

If there is still a gang/mafia element that is pivotal for the plot, then that’ll explain why there are so many men in this. Besides, they are probably friends and work together. That seems to be the impression.

It’s not necessarily an indication that Square-enix are not being politically correct and representative by including only a couple of leading females, but instead they probably felt that it made more sense for this particular story for a mainly male cast, and perhaps this came about organically for them. I dislike it when people feel the need to force a certain number of females or even ‘minorities’ into a story if it doesn’t feel natural to include them. When they are forced they can sometimes turn out to be particularly awful characters, or even cheap stereotypes which may even insult people, so it isn’t to anybody’s favour.

So hopefully, if these characters turn out to be good, there should be no problem at all with there only being two main female characters, if that is all that the plot demands.

There may well be many other female characters that are not part of the party or gang, or whatever, anyway.

Honestly, who cares? The only reason this would be a problem is if someone was uncomfortable with their sexuality... there was an April Fools joke a long while ago saying Noctis was actually gay. So what if that wasn't a joke? I have no problem with it. The whole "girly male" thing is outdated and based on a stereotype that gay men are less "manly" than straight men. Sure, I like women as much as the next straight guy, but to say a game sucks because it only has TWO main women, is just silly. If you're like me, as long as there is one main woman, I'm okay with it, because then it isn't a complete sausage fest. And sure, Noctis could do without his capris, but who am I to judge. :D Last time I checked, Nomura was a far better artist then me, and I am simply amazed at how awesome the characters look, regardless of anything else. And just to add: FF15's gameplay is based off of KH's, yet it is nearly incomparable feel-wise. It is much more kickass, streamlined, swift, and realistic. Plus, the whole warp ability just makes me want to leap out of my seat everytime i see it, it is literally the coolest thing I have ever seen. And for Square Enix to come full circle with the whole "Kingdom Hearts based off FF, FF15 based off KH" is highly intriguing, and as a KH fan, this is what I dreamed of ever since Deep Dive, which simply didn't fit into the KH Disney universe. FF15 is based more off of Deep Dive than anything, and that is alright by me.

Also, I have a pretty good feeling that black-haired girl is Dragoon girl.

Back