Veteran
Gil
Warrior
Bomb
Cactuar
Tonberry
Ultros
Don Corneo
So, let's talk about family disputes. Generally, the family unit is one of the more influential and impacting groups that we- as a human- enters. They shape our childhood selves, and-while they lose some importance as we reach adolescence- they still continue to be a major part of our society cycle for our whole life.

I think the large majority of us have experienced- at one time or another- a split in the family due to a dispute. It could be between branches of family, siblings or parents. Or, if we're looking at family in a much more vague term- disputes with extremely close friends.

It could be as simple as a jealous tiff, or a serious(perhaps physical) dispute.

Anyway, The question is: Has this ever happened to you? What was your situation, how did you deal with it and would you of preferred another option other than the one taken? Have you ever been in the position wherein you've stopped speaking or contacting members of family?

Do you even believe in the family unit as a support?

Really, any thoughts on the matter.

My family has never been very close. I've always wondered what it's like having a proper family with siblings and parents and aunties and uncles and cousins who all know each other and see each other and love each other. Siblings in particular, being an only child myself I have always wished I had a brother or a sister, that type of love is something I'll never know.

My family has always been split up for many different reasons. Closest to home was my father who left me and my mum 3 days before my 8th birthday, and he didn't just leave us, he took all our money and left the entire country. I tried to get in contact with him when I was 16 but it didn't last for very long and it wasn't until recently that we've started speaking again. I have a an older half sister who lives in England who I rarely see any more, and I have 3 (I think, though it could be only 2) half siblings who live in Brazil with my father. Needless to say, none of us are close.

But I had a very close relationship with my mum. Maybe it was because we were really all each other had, I don't know, but we were best friends as well as mother and daughter. So while I wonder what it would be like to have a proper family, I also think maybe it would have meant not having such a close bond with my mum, which is something I would never have wanted to trade, not even for a close loving family unit.

Back